Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward Mods Are BS

(PSN)CLASSIFIEDGTA

as you all know, players are awarded weapons and mods for logging in for a certain amount of days, for example primed vigor at 400 days.

This is fine, I think if a player has logged in for say 500 days, they deserve a unique weapon to show off to their friends because there not OP and theres competitive weapons out there, ( though the zenistar is debateable). 

But having primed mods be locked behind time walls is in my opinion, ridiculous. This gives players a noticeable advantage to others players who mabey have 300 days played. For example, Inaros gets around 500 more HP with vitality and primed vigor than with vitality and regular vigor. This is  especially frustrating since you can't trade for these mods.

My hope is that they could be extremely rare mods, or atleast give players the option to trade these mods.

In my opinion, no primed mods should be exclusive, and all players should be able to grind for them without having hundreds of days played. BTW, primed shred is coming as a 600 day reward if you didn't already find this ridiculous enough.

So on the slight chance that DE see this, mabey you could reconsider not making these login rewards, and instead, rare mods like primed flow.

Also, to compensate to the players who have already earned these rewards, give them a blue potato, and a gold potato for each mod they have earned that would now be farmable(or a free prime accessory, like a prime syndana).

So if anybody agrees with me, push this to DE, and show content creators this post. And mabey we can make a change for the better, thank you, from a tenno like you.

EDIT: again, I have no problem with them getting armor/cosmetics for high login day counts. But all it really insentivises them to do is login for 1min to rack up those days.(like some replies say they do). I should be able to actually grind WITH GAMEPLAY to get primed mods, not login for 1 minute and leave. Again, I think they should still get cosmetics for high day counts, but putting primed mods behind a time wall is wrong.

Edited by (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA
To explain my complaint to the community.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

as you all know, players are awarded weapons and mods for logging in for a certain amount of days, for example primed vigor at 400 days.

This is fine, I think if a player has logged in for say 500 days, they deserve a unique weapon to show off to their friends because there not OP and theres competitive weapons out there, ( though the zenistar is debateable). 

But having primed mods be locked behind time walls is in my opinion, ridiculous. This gives players a noticeable advantage to others players who mabey have 300 days played. For example, Inaros gets around 500 more HP with vitality and primed vigor than with vitality and regular vigor. This is  especially frustrating since you can't trade for these mods.

My hope is that they could be extremely rare mods, or atleast give players the option to trade these mods.

In my opinion, no primed mods should be exclusive, and all players should be able to grind for them without having hundreds of days played. BTW, primed shred is coming as a 600 day reward if you didn't already find this ridiculous enough.

So on the slight chance that DE see this, mabey you could reconsider not making these login rewards, and instead, rare mods like primed flow.

Also, to compensate to the players who have already earned these rewards, give them a blue potato, and a gold potato for each mod they have earned that would now be farmable(or a free prime accessory, like a prime syndana).

So if anybody agrees with me, push this to DE, and show content creators this post. And mabey we can make a change for the better, thank you, from a tenno like you.

They are meant to be milestones that cant be obtained any other way, so having primed flow in there makes it just another reward

Who even runs vigor on inaros... what a waste of a slot.

On to the main point though, these are mods people lived without for a long time, and so people can really do without for a while as well. Just log in daily and you will get there in due time.

And remember, these mods are PvE and you are in no way competing against your squad mates, a buff for them is a buff for the squad.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

You're complaining about free mods being rewarded for merely logging in?

No, I'm complaining about it taking hundreds of days, and them not being farmable, like I said, a unique weapon is OK, but I don't think giving players a direct upgrade to others is OK.  I think you should be able to grind/ trade for these.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

You're complaining about free mods being rewarded for merely logging in?

I think he is complaining because he's far away to get it.  :devil:

Well I don't have it either but it's really not that important gameplaywise. I don't even have vigor equipped on 99% on my frames let alone primed vigor. The gaame perfectly playable without. I really don't see your problem.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

No, I'm complaining about it taking hundreds of days, and them not being farmable, like I said, a unique weapon is OK, but I don't think giving players a direct upgrade to others is OK.  I think you should be able to grind/ trade for these.

Technically the grind is logging in...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

They are meant to be milestones that cant be obtained any other way, so having primed flow in there makes it just another reward

Yes, I understand this, it just doesn't seem right to have a much better mod be time locked, that's its. Agree to disagree I guess.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

This gives players a noticeable advantage

Truth be told, the advantage is noticeable, but not as significant as you seem to to think it is.

In my opinion, no primed mods should be exclusive, and all players should be able to grind for them without having hundreds of days played

The thing is, you don't need to play at all. Login rewards only require you to (obviously enough) log in.

Also, to compensate to the players who have already earned these rewards

Compensation is really unnecessary in my opinion. I'm being rewarded for opening the game for 20 seconds, so I don't really believe I have reason to be upset with DE if these mods were to be released outside milestones. Also, your idea of compensation isn't all that exciting either. By day 500, I have a feeling players would have more than enough reactors and catalysts on hand. And free Prime Accessories just because I typed my information in the launcher and left immediately after I got a reward? That's just a bad idea.

BTW, primed shred is coming as a 600 day reward if you didn't already find this ridiculous enough.

What exactly is ridiculous about it? It's Shred. The mod itself is not that great to begin with, priming it still doesn't give enough reason to justify using it over any other mod (in my opinion, once again).

And mabey we can make a change for the better

"A change for the better" implies there is an issue in need of addressing. Login Reward Primed mods are not that much of an issue given the fact they're not very different from their vanilla counterparts. Players who have not yet reached these milestones will be perfectly fine.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Truth be told, the advantage is noticeable, but not as significant as you seem to to think it is.

The thing is, you don't need to play at all. Login rewards only require you to (obviously enough) log in.

Compensation is really unnecessary in my opinion. I'm being rewarded for opening the game for 20 seconds, so I don't really believe I have reason to be upset with DE if these mods were to be released outside milestones. Also, your idea of compensation isn't all that exciting either. By day 500, I have a feeling players would have more than enough reactors and catalysts on hand. And free Prime Accessories just because I typed my information in the launcher and left immediately after I got a reward? That's just a bad idea.

What exactly is ridiculous about it? It's Shred. The mod itself is not that great to begin with, priming it still doesn't give enough reason to justify using it over any other mod (in my opinion, once again).

"A change for the better" implies there is an issue in need of addressing. Login Reward Primed mods are not that much of an issue given the fact they're not that different from their vanilla counterparts. Players who have not yet reached these milestones will be perfectly fine.

Well, once again I find this to be a big, deal you may not. Its subjective.

I don't understand the constant need to argue with people/ cause toxicity over something I clearly stated was my opinion. And from my standpoint, it would be a change for the better.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

Well, once again I find this to be a big, deal you may not. Its subjective.

I don't understand the constant need to argue with people/ cause toxicity over something I clearly stated was my opinion. And from my standpoint, it would be a change for the better.

You're right. It is subjective.

There's nothing wrong with arguing against your opinion on this and nobody is causing toxicity. It's just that we don't agree with you that this change is either needed, or would make anything better. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, LordMazulia said:

You're right. It is subjective.

There's nothing wrong with arguing against your opinion on this and nobody is causing toxicity. It's just that we don't agree with you that this change is either needed, or would make anything better. Plain and simple.

I know man, it just seems like there's always someone willing to try and argue against you in this community.

Imagine if I said they should remove rivens XD.

But seriously, one thing that should be removed IS THOSE GOD DAMMED NULLIES!

Ps- Pedro thanks for nidus but F*** nullies XD

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

It could be argued that these are the more "meh" primed mods which are, by no means, vital to any sort of builds whatsoever. They are not mods like primed continuity, primed flow, primed pressure point or any of the other primed mods brought by Baro. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with rewarding player dedication in such a fashion. If you have no problem with weapons it doesn't really make sense to complain about mods either.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

I know man, it just seems like there's always someone willing to try and argue against you in this community.

Imagine if I said they should remove rivens XD.

But seriously, one thing that should be removed IS THOSE GOD DAMMED NULLIES!

Ps- Pedro thanks for nidus but F*** nullies XD

I mean removing rivens isn't that outlandish of a statement. Introducing them in the first place with no moderation was more questionable, but to stay on topic. It seems that DE will only release supportive primed mods. There is a difference, but nothing gamebreaking. It'd be different if like pre-nerf Tonkor prime was a login reward, THEN I could see it being an issue. With the exception of the Zenistar, there are ways to combat/replace the login rewards.

I do understand your frustration, but login rewards are there for a reason. Bringing them in in any other way immediately dissuades anyone from logging in as much as possible. That being said, one thing they could do is allow mobile access to logging in, but again even when I "take breaks" I just log in for 2s and go back to doing what I was doing.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

......and there is the real reason.

You just want them NOW instead of putting in the logins to gain them. You remind me of those kids that are 5 that want to drive real cars instead of enjoying the Power Wheel they got. 

Nothing wrong with putting in the time to show that those rewards are going to people that put in the effort to at the least login in for the days. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

......and there is the real reason.

You just want them NOW instead of putting in the logins to gain them. You remind me of those kids that are 5 that want to drive real cars instead of enjoying the Power Wheel they got. 

Nothing wrong with putting in the time to show that those rewards are going to people that put in the effort to at the least login in for the days. 

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration... Like a mabey more than a bit.

Mabey I just would rather NOT have to wait 400 days for a mod I want. Just a thought.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration... Like a mabey more than a bit.

Mabey I just would rather NOT have to wait 400 days for a mod I want. Just a thought.

Well, every single one of us that have that mod had to wait and we did ok...I think you'll be ok too.

In fact, some of us had already played the game for well over 400 before being eligible for the reward. 

You're pretty much whining about doing the EXACT same thing we all had to do. 

Edited by Hypernaut1