Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Prime Content for NOTHING?

DovahkiinCat

8 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I mean when selling your soul to Amazon gets you great shows like Man in the High Castle... seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I sold my soul to Amazon.  Got a 64GB usb from the deal.  Now I can literally carry Warframe in my pocket.

WORTH IT.

Oh No, the prime ive had the longest (since late 2014, i started in Aug 2014) is free for everyone who wants to bother with a thing involving twitch. If you have had something for a longtime then you have no reason to have a *@##$ about them giving it as a promotion. Only way i could see there being problems was if they were offering the actual Exclusives. But here we are with one of the older Primes being given as a nice promotional reward for a thing. Also he's a good frame for anyone New or Old to have around so if this promotion has brought in lots of new blood then they start with a good frame.

Other people having access to a frame should in no way hinder your enjoyment of the frame.  As to your commentary about the Warframe market, I hope they do more events like this because I (and I say this as a vet who has almost every item in the game) am sick of seeing people ripping off new players in trade chat.

God forbid people get the same opportunity you did to attain frames, right?  After all, if someone else has it how can you then brag about "mah exclusive."  

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Why are you guys being so rude and close minded towards op? Last time I checked, you're allowed to voice your opinion on the forums. Regardless of what it is. As long as you aren't a jerk about it. The op wasn't even close to being a jerk, and it wasn't pure whining.

The issue here isn't that Frost P is now available to more people now. The issue is how it was done. Nothing can be said that changes the fact that any who had Frost P before this promotion either payed a lot of money for him, went through a ridiculous grind, or bought him from another player at a price that may or may not be cutthroat. Nor can you take away that some people see this now being given away for free to a large sum of people as a slap in the face. It doesn't matter if country of origin or technicalities get in the way of some people getting it. A lot of people still got him for free, with essentially no effort involved in the process!

If DE did this with Excalibur Prime I would be pissed! I don't care if DE allows more players to get him. But just giving him away, with no concessions to me or the other founders would cross the line. I have had a built Frost P sitting in my foundry for who knows how long. Now I have to take it out eventually, just to sell it for a minuscule amount of credits. I can't do anything else with it. Because I could just get one for free that comes with its own slot and a built in reactor.

That's just me though. Imagine if you did that stupid grind when the void was first released. Imagine getting that shiny Frost P. The only non-founders prime frame at the time. Frost P is as much of a symbol as Excalibur P. Put yourselves into the shoes of one of those players.

41 minutes ago, Halisi said:

Why are you guys being so rude and close minded towards op? Last time I checked, you're allowed to voice your opinion on the forums. Regardless of what it is. As long as you aren't a jerk about it. The op wasn't even close to being a jerk, and it wasn't pure whining.

In my opinion, which according to you I am free to voice here, it was actually both.  Complaining because you have something exclusive like a Prime Warframe in a game based around the Warframes and it was given out freely to people who didn't have it or weren't playing when it launched is both a jerk move and whining about something trivial.

All items should be available to all players.  Any feelings contrary to that (barring Founder's stuff) is not a viewpoint I can support or one that deserves any sort of respect.

That's just me though. Imagine if you did that stupid grind when the void was first released. Imagine getting that shiny Frost P.

I was one of those players (I didn't do it when the void launched, but I did grind the void when the game launched on PS4).  My sentiments remain exactly the same.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

On 7/22/2017 at 10:20 AM, DovahkiinCat said:

-snip-

This kind of selfishness and greed really is what ruins games like Warframe. But more to the point, I don't think you really understand any of this, despite claiming you were "almost" here for closed beta. 

Frost Prime was never an official Prime Access, if I recall correctly. He was never meant to be very expensive, exclusive or hard to get. He's not that special as far as primes go. The Frost Harka skin is a billion times more detailed. He is one of the most minimalist primes ever. 

He has come back since being vaulted multiple times and will keep coming back multiple times, always being discounted more and more each and every time. If you don't expect the value of items to actually depreciate over time, you don't understand economics. 

Frost Prime was never special. You were never special for having him. He was never meant to be pay to win or super hard to get. Some people just tried to get huge amounts of plat by taking advantage of him being vaulted, and being a prime warframe with a dead useful ability for any defense type mission. 

A few final thoughts: 

1) If it's really just that you don't feel "special" anymore, because all those plebs got it for free, get over it. Your attitude is simply bad, plus, it was never special in the first place. Not for even a minute.

2) If it's because you want to make money off it, shame on you for constantly jacking up the prices of one of the most lackluster looking frames that hardly as any real advantages stat or look wise over the vanilla version. Shame on you. Also, what are you complaining for anyways? Give it a couple months and the price will probably go right back up again, with new players joining and wanting it. 

3) DE did not "slap anyone" in the face. This item is SUPER OLD. One of the very oldest things they have in their portfolio. Did you know that companies lower prices on stuff and eventually give it away sometimes as it gets older, and older, and older? That's how value depreciation works. If you feel slapped in the face, you are being downright ridiculous. You got to have him for a long time when others did not, before this promotion. You had your value for him for probably years. No one took your value away, it depreciated over time like all things do. 

You are being selfish and over-dramatic. These topics about Frost Prime are so ridiculous. 

Want to know why some of us are not being very nice to the OP? Because this attitude is selfish, whiny and shortsighted. People have a right to post what they want on the forums, and we have a right to tell them when we think they are being ludicrous. 

Value DEPRECIATES over time, it does not INCREASE, it DECREASES. Some of you just can't seem to accept that simple fact, or that you already got your value over the "plebs" who got it for free, because you had it for a long time when they did not. That's how life works. Get over it. 

Edit: The core tl;dr reason why complaining about this is selfish and doesn't make any sense either. 

You are basically complaining because a company is continuing to decrease the cost of a product over time, and complaining because you paid full price when you bought it years ago.

Do you not see how little sense that makes? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

2 hours ago, Halisi said:

The issue here isn't that Frost P is now available to more people now. The issue is how it was done. Nothing can be said that changes the fact that any who had Frost P before this promotion either payed a lot of money for him, went through a ridiculous grind, or bought him from another player at a price that may or may not be cutthroat. Nor can you take away that some people see this now being given away for free to a large sum of people as a slap in the face. It doesn't matter if country of origin or technicalities get in the way of some people getting it. A lot of people still got him for free, with essentially no effort involved in the process!

If DE did this with Excalibur Prime I would be pissed! I don't care if DE allows more players to get him. But just giving him away, with no concessions to me or the other founders would cross the line. I have had a built Frost P sitting in my foundry for who knows how long. Now I have to take it out eventually, just to sell it for a minuscule amount of credits. I can't do anything else with it. Because I could just get one for free that comes with its own slot and a built in reactor.

That's just me though. Imagine if you did that stupid grind when the void was first released. Imagine getting that shiny Frost P. The only non-founders prime frame at the time. Frost P is as much of a symbol as Excalibur P. Put yourselves into the shoes of one of those players.

I can't believe I have to quote myself, but if you did not take part in the original void system that offered Frost, Latron, and Reaper Prime in update 8. Then you have no right to tell anyone that Frost P wasn't special. What part of "the first non-founders prime" do you guys not get? You do not get to decide that someone doesn't deserve respect just because they have a different viewpoint! Value may depreciate over time, but free? There are a lot of things I would have let pass, the same goes for the community. But giving out, for all intents and purposes, the first prime frame for free is stupid. 

Frost prime not feeling special to you, is not an argument. Frost prime not being the best looking prime there is, is not an argument. I agree that all items should be available to all players. But giving out important things, like one of the first primes, for free is not ok. Givings things away for free is not a valid way to distribute this kind of content. No one would complain about this if frost prime were given a permanent relic set. But saying that we should just give things away for free because it's only fair is a bad argument.

Frost P was always intended to be hard to get. Prime access did not exist when he was introduced. You had to farm him. You could buys keys to get into the void, but you still had to fight against ridiculously low rng. Back then, he was a status symbol he was exclusive, just like Excalibur P. He's old too. Should DE just give away Excal P in exchange for signing up for a free trial? Is that fair?

I shouldn't have to pull this card. But do not talk about things you don't know anything about. Do not assume you understand things you were not here to experience. I do not support toxicity against other players for no reason. If you are going to keep be rude and ignorant, I am not going to hold back my words. Respect MUST be given before it can be received! 

You are demanding respect from others for your opinion and the OP, but you aren't really giving any respect to anyone else in this thread or their opinion. 

People disrespect the OP's opinion, they have a right to not respect that opinion or yours, just as you have a right to not respect our opinions. 

That's not just how the internet works, it's how life works. 

The fact of the matter is that to most of us, what ya'll are complaining about is silly. 

It's like buying a new TV, and then you see a promotion for the same TV about three years later, where people can get it for free if they sign up for some free credit card trial or something that the store is offering. 

And you absolutely lose your everything because what you once paid full price for, was special to you, is now available to others for free. 

Do you not see why that is silly? I'm not telling you you can't be angry. It's your life. If you want to be mad be mad all day. But this is just how life and products work. 

It is not reasonable to expect a company to never discount their products, or to not progressively discount their products over time. Nor is it reasonable to complain that you were somehow shafted because a company actually lowered a price years after you initially bought it. 

How is it less special because someone else has it? That's why people use the word selfish. How does it make your thing worth less because someone else has it? 

And how it is taking away your value or slapping you in the face when the product you are talking about (which plenty farmed and didn't even actually pay anything for, might I remind you it was not a paid Prime Access and yet you have the GALL to say I don't know what I am talking about, or act as if you somehow bought it or had some right to it over others because you were a paying customer. Unless you are really admitting you paid nothing for it, in which case you literally have zero no complain about it, and sound absurd beyond imagining), when it is literally like three+ years down the line, and it doesn't have even close to the same value anymore? 

You don't have any right to pull that card, you can go and put it right back in the deck -- just like every time anyone pulls a "card" in an argument. Your opinion is not more valid than anyone else's because you had the product long ago, a product you openly admitting you didn't even pay for. 

Status symbol? Because you had Frost Prime? Get over yourself. It's a video game. If you ever really thought you had more status than others because you had Frost Prime and they didn't, I feel sorry for you. That is a really sad way to play video games and live life in general. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

6 minutes ago, Halisi said:

if you did not take part in the original void system that offered Frost, Latron, and Reaper Prime in update 8. Then you have no right to tell anyone that Frost P wasn't special.

Bullcorn.  Again, I did play the version of the void you are referring to and everyone has a right to say it.  Frost Prime isn't special, nor should he be withheld from new players on the basis of rarity or market value on parts from in-game trading.

7 minutes ago, Halisi said:

I shouldn't have to pull this card. But do not talk about things you don't know anything about.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but this isn't an argument.  It's you attempting to tell everyone else their argument is invalid because you disagree with it.

12 hours ago, Halisi said:

Frost P was always intended to be hard to get. Prime access did not exist when he was introduced. You had to farm him. You could buys keys to get into the void, but you still had to fight against ridiculously low rng. Back then, he was a status symbol he was exclusive, just like Excalibur P. He's old too. Should DE just give away Excal P in exchange for signing up for a free trial? Is that fair?

I'm not passing any opinion on your post, but I do want to make clear a couple facts.  Frost Prime has been unvaulted at least once since its initial appearance.  In the last unvaulting, it appeared alongside Ember, as part of the Fire & Ice Prime Vault pack.  Prime Access may not have existed at the time Frost Prime was originally released, but it has been part of Prime Vault packs, and as such, has been available for purchase as well as farming, both under the old Void and under the new Relic system.  Frost Prime is therefore no more "exclusive" than any other Warframe that had an initial run, was vaulted, and then was unvaulted again at any point.  Everyone who played during the unvaulting had the same access to it.  It will likely be unvaulted again in the future, and once again anyone playing at the time will have access to it, just like any other Warframe that has entered the Prime Vault rotation.  Compared to any other Prime Warframe bar Excalibur's, Frost Prime is in no way special.  The only unique thing about Frost Prime's distribution is this "Prime with Prime" promotion itself.

Excalibur Prime has never entered the Prime Vault rotation: it was only released once, as part of the Warframe Founder's Program at Hunter level or above, and is contractually forbidden from ever being released again.  There is no equivalence between Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime's availability.  If I can offer some advice, it cheapens your argument to use Excalibur Prime as a comparison to Frost Prime here, because it's an apples-to-oranges comparison.  These two Warframes hold nowhere near the same level of exclusivity.

As for my own opinion on this Prime with Prime bundle, I don't use Twitch.tv at all, and have no real interest in starting.  I have also had some bad history with Amazon regarding fraudulent repeat charges on purchases.  These have since been ironed out, but to this day I refuse to allow Amazon, or any of its affiliates, to have access to any credit or debit card information - they can't siphon funds from an account they do not have the information to access.  Since this information is apparently required to sign up for this Twitch Prime/Amazon Prime free trial, I can't take part in it.  This irritates me more than anything else about it - I would enjoy having the Warframe slot and Syandana (I already have a reactored Frost Prime, so I'd just sell the new one for space), but to get it would require giving financial information to a company that I refuse to trust with that information.

The safety of my financial information is more important to me than saving 20 platinum on a warframe slot and obtaining a shiny virtual cosmetic in an online game.

Edited by Arkvold

On 7/22/2017 at 10:43 AM, SarinSutra said:

What I got out of that: "It's offensive to me when someone gets something for free years after I spent money on it because I feel that it makes my frame worthless and DE must stop doing it."

:shocked:

Um YEARS... DE Offered Frost Prime ACCESS in DECEMBER... for MONEY.... then turned around and slapped those players in the face by offering Frost Prime FREE... 6 months later.  The OP is right, that's kinda crappy for anyone who bought Prime Access in December. Do we buy the next unvaulting access that comes along or since it's just a vaulted a frame (not a new one) will that too be offered 6 months later...?

22 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Bullcorn.  Again, I did play the version of the void you are referring to and everyone has a right to say it.  Frost Prime isn't special, nor should he be withheld from new players on the basis of rarity or market value on parts from in-game trading.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but this isn't an argument.  It's you attempting to tell everyone else their argument is invalid because you disagree with it.

You're right it wasn't an argument. That was me telling you that you are trying to push an opinion that is both ignorant and devalues an important community symbol. Your argument is invalid because you are equating giving new players access to old content, and giving something special away for free.

10 hours ago, Arkvold said:

I'm not passing any opinion on your post, but I do want to make clear a couple facts.  Frost Prime has been unvaulted at least once since its initial appearance.  In the last unvaulting, it appeared alongside Ember, as part of the Fire & Ice Prime Vault pack.  Prime Access may not have existed at the time Frost Prime was originally released, but it has been part of Prime Vault packs, and as such, has been available for purchase as well as farming, both under the old Void and under the new Relic system.  Frost Prime is therefore no more "exclusive" than any other Warframe that had an initial run, was vaulted, and then was unvaulted again at any point.  Everyone who played during the unvaulting had the same access to it.  It will likely be unvaulted again in the future, and once again anyone playing at the time will have access to it, just like any other Warframe that has entered the Prime Vault rotation.  Compared to any other Prime Warframe bar Excalibur's, Frost Prime is in no way special.  The only unique thing about Frost Prime's distribution is this "Prime with Prime" promotion itself.

Excalibur Prime has never entered the Prime Vault rotation: it was only released once, as part of the Warframe Founder's Program at Hunter level or above, and is contractually forbidden from ever being released again.  There is no equivalence between Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime's availability.  If I can offer some advice, it cheapens your argument to use Excalibur Prime as a comparison to Frost Prime here, because it's an apples-to-oranges comparison.  These two Warframes hold nowhere near the same level of exclusivity.

As for my own opinion on this Prime with Prime bundle, I don't use Twitch.tv at all, and have no real interest in starting.  I have also had some bad history with Amazon regarding fraudulent repeat charges on purchases.  These have since been ironed out, but to this day I refuse to allow Amazon, or any of its affiliates, to have access to any credit or debit card information - they can't siphon funds from an account they do not have the information to access.  Since this information is apparently required to sign up for this Twitch Prime/Amazon Prime free trial, I can't take part in it.  This irritates me more than anything else about it - I would enjoy having the Warframe slot and Syandana (I already have a reactored Frost Prime, so I'd just sell the new one for space), but to get it would require giving financial information to a company that I refuse to trust with that information.

The safety of my financial information is more important to me than saving 20 platinum on a warframe slot and obtaining a shiny virtual cosmetic in an online game.

You aren't arguing against anything I have said. I mentioned that Frost P was exclusive. "was" Being the key word here. Prior to him being released as a prime access offering, he was exclusive. And I have no problems with him coming back to prime access again someday. Also you are negating the feelings of the people who got him first when you say he wasn't and isn't special. I compare Frost P to Excal P because that is literally how the community looked at Frost P when he was first released. Exclusivity is not my argument, neither is availability. The meaning behind the frame is my argument. Then is then, and now is now, and back then in update 8, Frost P was just as special as Excal P.

I'm arguing against giving this iconic frame away for free. People don't care if he comes back to the relic drop tables, or if he's released as prime access again. 

Also, founders packs were available for close to year iirc, maybe longer. Prime access lasts what? 1-2 months? Exclusivity aside, there was a very generous amount of time to get Excal P when he was available. Availability aside, I'm pretty sure the window to get Excal P was much larger than either of Frost P's 2 windows combined.

51 minutes ago, Halisi said:

You aren't arguing against anything I have said.

You are incorrectly assuming my point was to argue against you, when I directly stated I was passing no opinion upon your post.

I mentioned that Frost P was exclusive. "was" Being the key word here. Prior to him being released as a prime access offering, he was exclusive. And I have no problems with him coming back to prime access again someday. Also you are negating the feelings of the people who got him first when you say he wasn't and isn't special. I compare Frost P to Excal P because that is literally how the community looked at Frost P when he was first released. Exclusivity is not my argument, neither is availability. The meaning behind the frame is my argument. Then is then, and now is now, and back then in update 8, Frost P was just as special as Excal P.

I'm arguing against giving this iconic frame away for free. People don't care if he comes back to the relic drop tables, or if he's released as prime access again. 

Also, founders packs were available for close to year iirc, maybe longer. Prime access lasts what? 1-2 months? Exclusivity aside, there was a very generous amount of time to get Excal P when he was available. Availability aside, I'm pretty sure the window to get Excal P was much larger than either of Frost P's 2 windows combined.

My point was to state facts, not feelings.  Note that I have not passed any opinions regarding your post outside of offering some advice on improving your argument, nor do I intend to do so despite your attempts to bait me into doing so.  All I have done is point out factual inaccuracies and hyperbole in your statements.

Mechanically speaking, Frost Prime is in no way unique among Prime Warframes.  It had an initial run, was vaulted, and has been redistributed again as part of the Prime Vault, and likely will be distributed again.  This Prime-with-Prime promotion is the only thing unique about its distribution.  By dragging Excalibur Prime into the argument, you cheapen your point, because the distribution of the two are factually incomparable.  Regardless of how long the Founders Program was run for, it will not return - DE has contractually forbade themselves from doing so.  Prime Vault reopenings, including Frost's, will continue to happen for the life of the game.  Frost Prime, even in its initial run, was earnable through gameplay, and has been earnable through gameplay in every re-release it has had, with the exception of this promotion.  Excalibur Prime has never been earnable in game at any point.  It was available through purchase only.  Comparing distributions between the two is fallacious and misleading.

According to the official wiki, the Founders Program ran from December 19th, 2012, to November 1st, 2013, a total of 319 days inclusive.  Frost Prime was released on May 3rd of 2013, and was not retired to the Prime Vault until March 24th of 2015, a total of 692 days inclusive.  Frost Prime has since been unvaulted twice, the first time alone between 12/8/2015 and 1/5/2016 (30 days) and the second time alongside Ember Prime between 12/16/2016 and 1/3/207 (30 days).  Frost Prime has therefore been available for a total of 752 days, over twice as long as Excalibur Prime.  Your claim that Excalibur Prime has been available for longer despite its single release is false.

A lot of people got Frost Prime for free, both earning it in-game during its initial release, and in subsequent Prime Vault unsealings.  The only difference between that, and this promotion, is that this promotion has no gameplay involved, and includes a Prime Syandana, Warframe slot, and Orokin Reactor in the deal.

Edited by Arkvold

On 7/22/2017 at 10:20 AM, DovahkiinCat said:

You guys really need to NOT do things like this, because it's a horrendous slap in the face to what long term players you maintain.

Not it isn't.

Before Frost was vaulted, you know how much a set went for?

20 plat. (along with Ember & Mag)  So don't make it out like he was ultra-rare warframe that no one could obtain.

On ‎23‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 11:00 PM, Halisi said:

So you're saying that you never even used him, he was just sitting in your foundry. And now you're offended by this promotion. Neato.

Also maybe frost prime was "special" in those days, but he's not anymore. Times change.

1 hour ago, Halisi said:

People will care because new people join the game every day. True it's not going to cost absurd amounts of plats anymore, but people will farm for him, people will care.

In the end it seems that you take this game Way too seriously. It's a game, you should be enjoying it and be happy that the game is growing, not just be hateful at seeing more people play it. Think bigger than yourself. Being selfish helps no one.

1 hour ago, Halisi said:

That was me telling you that you are trying to push an opinion that is both ignorant and devalues an important community symbol.

1.  I, literally, meet the requirement you claimed was necessary to comment on the issue (I ground the Old void for my Frost Prime when the game launched on my platform).  

2.  Nothing about what I said was "ignorant" and your argument has, again, failed to provide anything beyond you saying everyone who disagrees with you has an invalid opinion because yours is superior.  It isn't.

3.  Frost Prime is not a "community symbol" and saying that he is won't win the argument for you.  He was nothing more than the first Prime frame available in the game to all players.  Unless, of course, you want to try and claim something like Mag Prime is a "community symbol" because she happened to be 3rd released.  This is yet another poor argument from you.

Your argument is invalid because you are equating giving new players access to old content, and giving something special away for free.

4.  Frost Prime is, again, not special.  He is just the oldest Prime frame other than Excal.  Nothing else.  That's also, coincidentally, the most likely reason he was given away in this promotion.

I mentioned that Frost P was exclusive

5.  You are wholly incorrect.  The problem faced in this discussion is a basic lack of understanding from you that you are refusing to correct.  You, wrongfully, assume Frost Prime is special because he is the oldest Prime while ignoring that there is nothing special in the least about the frame.  He isn't a status symbol and has been unvaulted prior to this event.  

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Um YEARS... DE Offered Frost Prime ACCESS in DECEMBER... for MONEY.... then turned around and slapped those players in the face by offering Frost Prime FREE... 6 months later.  The OP is right, that's kinda crappy for anyone who bought Prime Access in December. Do we buy the next unvaulting access that comes along or since it's just a vaulted a frame (not a new one) will that too be offered 6 months later...?

If you bought it 6 months ago you have had it and likely played it for 6 months. This stuff happens all the time in life ~ you buy X and then Y time later it will be on sale at a cheaper price or be part of a special offer. Unless you bought it for large sums the day before the event started then you have no ground for compliant.

5 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

I was around in the original void when Frost Prime was, I was pretty new at the time, didn't fully farm him. 

Years later I bothered to get the prime through the Prime Unvaulting this past Christmas. 

I don't regret my purchase nor see why I should. I had it for six months when many others didn't. I also paid for platinum and a whole bunch of other stuff. 

I also knew at the time that there were people farming him over Christmas who didn't pay a dime, and yet I made my choice. 

They didn't "slap me in the face", and I don't regret my purchase either. 

But most of the people complaining aren't even people who bought a prime unvaulting package. It's people who farmed him years ago and are mad that others have their "shiny" without a ton of effort. 

He's like three plus years old, people need to move on. He was never particularly special (most minimalist of pretty much all frames) and for a very long time didn't even have a real stat difference. Even now his stat difference is arguably pretty much pointless. 

I am one of the people who has the most "right to care" as I bought him recently. 

And I don't care.

At all. 

I would have been mad if I had bought the Frost Prime unvaulting package with cash only to see it given away for free 6 months later. I can sympathize with OP's perspective. I'd imagine that most of you who are defending DE's decision probably benefited from the Twitch Prime promotion.