Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Prime Content for NOTHING?

DovahkiinCat

36 minutes ago, Biddion said:

I would have been mad if I had bought the Frost Prime unvaulting package with cash only to see it given away for free 6 months later. I can sympathize with OP's perspective. I'd imagine that most of you who are defending DE's decision probably benefited from the Twitch Prime promotion.

I'm the loudest, most obnoxious defender of DE on this particular issue, and I not only did not take advantage of the Twitch promotion, even though I could, but I bought him through the unvaulting pack six months ago.

And I have ZERO right to complain. 

Fine, I will admit that I have gotten some information wrong. Memory isn't always precise. I'm willing to admit that. 

However that doesn't change the fact that you guys are being overly aggressive over an opinion. I merely stated information to try and support my case, and because it isn't 100% correct, because you don't agree with it. My point is mute. I get that though. You can't convince everyone.

Facts are nice, facts are true. But just because you call something a fact doesn't make it so. Many people in this thread are throwing around opinions. Me included. But I at least tried to support my claims that Frost P meant something. But one thing does remain true. Some people have really strong opinions against this prime with prime promotion. Anyone who has voiced that opinion in this thread has had their post viciously dissected for anything that can be used to negate their point or opinion.

So everything else aside can we agree to disagree, and to stop being jerks. That's all I really wanted to say with my first post. OP doesn't deserve all of this, you guys are being childish.

edit: I will also admit that I got emotional earlier. I wanted to try and make you all see how you were acting and what it was like to read. I didn't get Frost Prime when he first released. But I remember going into this strange place called the void. Doing puzzles I didn't understand. And listening to my clan mates talk about these prime things. I had no idea what was so special about them at the time. I also remember people walking around in their Frost Primes and I thought he was so cool. Him and Excal Prime were special, I had neither at the time.

Primes weren't as different, as they are today. But they were different enough back then to mean something. We aren't going to agree on the technicalities of all this. That's ok. But it still hurt to see what was obviously unwarranted disrespect. Respect for opinions is never a given, but not having respect for people over opinions isn't ok. There is a strong sentiment of "I don't have to be nice to anyone" going on in this thread and I don't like it.

Edited by Halisi
I had more to add.

3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

If you bought it 6 months ago you have had it and likely played it for 6 months. This stuff happens all the time in life ~ you buy X and then Y time later it will be on sale at a cheaper price or be part of a special offer. Unless you bought it for large sums the day before the event started then you have no ground for compliant.

But this has never happened in WF.. ever. This is the first time a paid prime access item was offered for free. I didn't buy Prime Access for Frost but i can totally see those that did having a gripe. Why would anyone ever pay for Prime access again in the future if they now know it might come free that shortly? The pattern of prime unvaultings has frost quite a while away, not 6 months later for free. They have a point.

Edited by Shockwave-

1 hour ago, Halisi said:

Fine, I will admit that I have gotten some information wrong. Memory isn't always precise. I'm willing to admit that. 

However that doesn't change the fact that you guys are being overly aggressive over an opinion. I merely stated information to try and support my case, and because it isn't 100% correct, because you don't agree with it. My point is mute. I get that though. You can't convince everyone.

Facts are nice, facts are true. But just because you call something a fact doesn't make it so. Many people in this thread are throwing around opinions. Me included. But I at least tried to support my claims that Frost P meant something. But one thing does remain true. Some people have really strong opinions against this prime with prime promotion. Anyone who has voiced that opinion in this thread has had their post viciously dissected for anything that can be used to negate their point or opinion.

So everything else aside can we agree to disagree, and to stop being jerks. That's all I really wanted to say with my first post. OP doesn't deserve all of this, you guys are being childish.

edit: I will also admit that I got emotional earlier. I wanted to try and make you all see how you were acting and what it was like to read. I didn't get Frost Prime when he first released. But I remember going into this strange place called the void. Doing puzzles I didn't understand. And listening to my clan mates talk about these prime things. I had no idea what was so special about them at the time. I also remember people walking around in their Frost Primes and I thought he was so cool. Him and Excal Prime were special, I had neither at the time.

Primes weren't as different, as they are today. But they were different enough back then to mean something. We aren't going to agree on the technicalities of all this. That's ok. But it still hurt to see what was obviously unwarranted disrespect. Respect for opinions is never a given, but not having respect for people over opinions isn't ok. There is a strong sentiment of "I don't have to be nice to anyone" going on in this thread and I don't like it.

Expressing your opinions are not forbidden, yes, and people have every right to agree or disagree. But when the opinion is on the same tone people see over and over (Mah exclusive is now attainable), it's a small wonder people got hostile about it.

The same opinion got thrown around with the first Prime Unvaulting, when some of the first Event weapons got available through Baro. I can see why they would get sick of seeing it. I agree that there's no need to be rude, but understand that the community is already sick of the same tone.

I compared it with the Prime unvaulting and Baro since you still need to do something to get the "Free" Prime anyway, as mentioned in the first page of this thread: Activating Twitch Prime and link it to your account. And, as people have said, not everyone have access to activate it, so they're locked out of this "free" content.

9 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Um YEARS... DE Offered Frost Prime ACCESS in DECEMBER... for MONEY.... then turned around and slapped those players in the face by offering Frost Prime FREE... 6 months later.  The OP is right, that's kinda crappy for anyone who bought Prime Access in December. Do we buy the next unvaulting access that comes along or since it's just a vaulted a frame (not a new one) will that too be offered 6 months later...?

If someone was stupid enough to spend $149.99 on a frame in the first place.. well.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

From what I can see though, the only time Frost was in Prime Access was in May of 2013 (that took a while, silly American dating system, lol), so I think you mean Vault. Which means it makes no difference as it's either free on Twitch, or free through farming.

You know Ive been playing this game almost as long nonstop since open beta, I farmed his set hard as well but I really dont care that other folks get it for clicking on twitch.

In fact its good since a lot more folks will join the game and with that means DE gets more players and us more people to play with.

I am a frost main and seeing how he got sold like that kinda pissed me off..... i saw a lvl 2 guy yordoling around with him do u know how long it took me to build my first prime S#&$ ??? and now DE just starts selling them for money..... I think that it would be much better if in these loots there are only cosmetics plat and boosters...but warframes...pls.... this looks like a huge boost to me..... 

On 7/22/2017 at 8:20 PM, DovahkiinCat said:

As a beta player who got cucked out of the actual beta rewards thanks to poor integration with STEAM at the time, I know what real pain is to see items you could have had if only you knew how to get them at the time. Even if the items aren't that good, the allure and prestige that comes with having those out-of-print items  makes me want them all the more. When things get retired, we see huge spikes in the gameplay to try and recover as many parts of those frames or weapons as possible, and as a result we get a fresh boost to the economy due to the supply and demand.

Once those supplies dry up, demand spikes sharply.

As someone who has had Frost Prime (and has also burned way more money that I would like to admit) among other Prime Access rewards, I was a massive farmer and seller back when I played very frequently. Frost Prime was amazing back before the reworks and overhauls and I loved having my king of defense missions. I even have the Arcane Helmet for him.

And now I log in to my Twitch account and see literally everyone in the world gets this iconic frame for clicking a button, making the parts 100% worthless, and flooding the game with what was once a cool and iconic frame of ages since past.

You guys really need to NOT do things like this, because it's a horrendous slap in the face to what long term players you maintain.

lol this isn't a big issue, he's a prime and as like many other primes he will be unvaulted again. What feels unfair to me is Lato and Braton Vandal coming back, not sure if DE was serious about this when they said it but i hope they weren't. Because that was the anniversary reward from long ago and it's one of the symbols in game indicating that "ye, you have been playing since way back then", i don't own it myself but eh just seems wrong to me.

12 minutes ago, .Zel said:

What feels unfair to me is Lato and Braton Vandal coming back, not sure if DE was serious about this when they said it but i hope they weren't. Because that was the anniversary reward from long ago and it's one of the symbols in game indicating that "ye, you have been playing since way back then", i don't own it myself but eh just seems wrong to me.

Eh I won't be too bothered with it.

17 minutes ago, .Zel said:

lol this isn't a big issue, he's a prime and as like many other primes he will be unvaulted again. What feels unfair to me is Lato and Braton Vandal coming back, not sure if DE was serious about this when they said it but i hope they weren't. Because that was the anniversary reward from long ago and it's one of the symbols in game indicating that "ye, you have been playing since way back then", i don't own it myself but eh just seems wrong to me.

How I see it, the Founders items are the only things eligible for the whole "Never coming back thing".

The vandals where just things that were released when the game got into open beta (People who played the game avidly in close beta probably don't even have both as there wasn't a inbox system at the time and they could've missed it when it was being sold on the market), and I can see them coming back, and there's literally nothing wrong if they are. (I like the virtue signaling tho)

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

How I see it, the Founders items are the only things eligible for the whole "Never coming back thing".

The vandals where just things that were released when the game got into open beta (People who played the game avidly in close beta probably don't even have both as there wasn't a inbox system at the time and they could've missed it), and I can see them coming back, and there's literally nothing wrong if they are. (I like the virtue signaling tho)

ye not a big issue or anything, founders is really where the line is drawn i guess, even non-founders would agree.

6 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

But this has never happened in WF.. ever. This is the first time a paid prime access item was offered for free. I didn't buy Prime Access for Frost but i can totally see those that did having a gripe. Why would anyone ever pay for Prime access again in the future if they now know it might come free that shortly? The pattern of prime unvaultings has frost quite a while away, not 6 months later for free. They have a point.

And now it has, given DE like to do things in patterns then its entirely possible that the next event will involve the next oldest Prime thing and so on. (or it could keep on being Frost, the oldest Non Exclusive in the Inventory) If you are the type of person who wont buy something because it might just maybe be free at some point in the future then that's your prerogative.

IF it means that new people get into the game and have a decent frame to start with then thats is a good thing, if it means that existing people get a frame they missed out on for some reason its also good. If you bought it 6 months ago for money or more recently for plat then that's thing that happened but in the end irrelevant.

My only complaint with the Prime for Prime promotion was that it kinda sucked for a lot of veterans.  I went through the sign up process for Amazon Prime and tried doing the same for Twitch but it was just annoying as all Hek, kept getting "invalid password/card info" when everything was correct.  

Far too much of a hassle for what equates to a free cosmetic for me.  (Sitting on 5 empty Warframe slots, 2 Frost Primes and 1 spare in the Foundry, so not a lot of incentive for someone like me)

That being said, if you paid for or farmed for your Frost Prime and have been enjoying him, then you got your time and monies worth.  If you feel other people getting him for free is a slap in the face, or it ddvalues him, then I don't think you got him for the right reasons and there isn't really anything we or DE can or should do about that.

On 22/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, Kjahla81 said:

Except the fact that not everyone will get it. There are countries there weren't eligible for this promotion. So those players will either need to buy ingame or wait for an unvaulting. 

Thank you! I'm one of those :( I really wanted my free syndana 

Not fair :sadcry:

On 7/22/2017 at 1:33 PM, DarkFlameZealot said:

. Frost is gone now, unvaulting happened and he's back to the void forever (until next xmas or some dumb promotion again kek).

I could be mistaken but hasnt frost been unvaulted 2 or 3 times now? you act like this is some super rare thing. and from the looks of tings DE is going to unvault twice a year at this rate. all i see is people either
A)being entitled to there temporarily unavailable product like a white girl getting the last pumkin spice latte of the season.
or
b) wanting the game to be converted  p2w cuz youd rather people just buy prime upgrades with real money because you dont like the idea of someone else getting something you CHOSE to pay for.

~Signed the unluckiest player iwth the worst drop rates who has had Frost P since he first released and has no clue why people are STILL making a big deal out of people getting something that has no ACTUAL monetary value.

11 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

(People who played the game avidly in close beta probably don't even have both as there wasn't a inbox system at the time and they could've missed it when it was being sold on the market),

basically this. thats the ONLY reason i dont have braton V was because i didnt realize it was a special event and had to actually buy it before it vanished. I remember seeing it in the market for 1 cred too. Im grateful that DE now hands you the special awards via inbox. <3

13 hours ago, SarinSutra said:

If someone was stupid enough to spend $149.99 on a frame in the first place.. well.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

From what I can see though, the only time Frost was in Prime Access was in May of 2013 (that took a while, silly American dating system, lol), so I think you mean Vault. Which means it makes no difference as it's either free on Twitch, or free through farming.

No, you could BUY Prime access 6 months ago when it was unvaulted. They offered Frost Prime, Ember Prime or the Fire and Ice pack (both). when he was unvautled, if you wanted to pay for it in stead of farming.

Now you get it FREE without farming. See the problem.

Really getting fed up from the entitlement threads. .either whining about players getting things too easy or not easy enough. .the obsession over stuff is killing my involvement in this game. .You're entitled to nothing. I mean it was fun at first posting stupid gifs of little children throwing tantrums for the toy they wanted. .think I'll just go back into hiding 

Edited by komoriblues