Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Update exceeding console's Hardware

Hey folks,

I would really like to get some opinions and general feedback on how you guys felt when the Harrow update hit.
A couple weeks ago when a bunch of threads popped up in which low-end PC users voiced their disappointment regarding the Earth Remaster.
This spawned some doubts regarding performance for consoles as well, as they are comparable to low end PC's.

Now that the update has officially hit consoles, those doubts have turned into truisms, at least for me.
I can't play the first planet on the star-chart - it just hurts my eyes and really ruins the general smooth-ness the game used to have.

Sure, I'm used to the fog that clouded some of the great textures, lower resolution overall and less shiny bits on my frames,
but overall the console version wasn't that far behind the PC build.

I can not imagine playing this game down the line when all the tilesets get "remastered", thus resulting in a Power Point presentation whenever I play.

I want this game to grow, content-wise and graphically, but if that means that one good chunk of the community
gets forced to spend money on a setup to run a Free to Play game, I'm a little saddened.

Maybe give us an option to play on the inferior old tile-sets? I don't know, I don't see an easy fix.
How do the PC-Tenno work-around this issue? Just fiddle with the sliders a bit? We don't even have those.
Any PS4-Pro/Xbox-One X Users that can tell me if it's time to upgrade (or if it's even worth it)?

I can't stand playing on console for this very reason. That's why I built a machine for about the price of current consoles when they debuted, and I run the game 10 times better. I don't know what to say other than to do that. Consoles are an outmoded platform to me and look like they will be going away, after trying to be more and more like PCs, first, only locked down and more overpriced. I see them going the Apple/Alienware route then, which at that point, they are still going to be worse.

Edited by UrielColtan

well this is a realistic problem BUT i think DE considered this. maybe it will have some limits to not melt the consoles but for that exact reason as my previous poster said a pc is always better. still i dont think they will cut their player base by a big % by overtuning the requirements for the game with PoE.

in all honesty the only reason consoles are worth while are exclusive games, otherwise your better off going pc. its not even that expensive to build a solid gaming pc that can be upgraded in the future plus you can use it for other things if you need to. its best to bite the bullet and go pc.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)s-o-s-m-o-o-t-h said:

How do the PC-Tenno work-around this issue?

While everyone above me is basically telling you to spend a few hundred bucks as the best solution, you may wish to try creating a thread here https://forums.warframe.com/forum/200-performance/ first.

I was playing on windows vista 32bit when harrow update was released and it was absolutely unplayable for me as well.  A few hotfixes and limiting my frame rate to 30 and turning off vertical sync made it playable.

As I am unaware of what graphic options a console has, I'd advise providing technical data on your console in the link I provided and see if DE can drop a few hotfixes on you before blowing your large wad of cash.

You have a console, the game plays on console, the solution should reside within updating the game to be playable on console, not buying a PC if you don't want to.

This sucks cause for people like me simply going to pc isn't even an option. I've invested nearly 1000 hours and god knows how much money (bought every single prime access except ember plus one of them twice for a friend, one prime vault, all of the renown packs, and hundreds worth of separate platinum packs) and there is no way I'm starting over. Unless they offer to transfer everything over and compensate me for the skins that can't, I'm not going to be swapping systems. Besides, that shouldn't even be a thing. "Oh it doesn't work on your console? Just spend hundreds and lose all your progress instead!" Really? That's not a solution.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

This sucks cause for people like me simply going to pc isn't even an option. I've invested nearly 1000 hours and god knows how much money (bought every single prime access except ember plus one of them twice for a friend, one prime vault, all of the renown packs, and hundreds worth of separate platinum packs) and there is no way I'm starting over. Unless they offer to transfer everything over and compensate me for the skins that can't, I'm not going to be swapping systems. Besides, that shouldn't even be a thing. "Oh it doesn't work on your console? Just spend hundreds and lose all your progress instead!" Really? That's not a solution.

good said +1

Well DE has promised they would fix the performance issue on Earth a while ago, but I guess they are occupied by polishing PoE...

But when they finally remaster all tileset, I believe there would be PS7 or Xbox XXL to run it.

If this remaster is performing poorly on consoles, then that means it just isn't optimized. There is no reason why a game like Warframe should be having issues running on consoles when you've got much more graphically intensive games that run fine. That's just unacceptable imo. Warframe shouldn't be running worse than games like For Honor or Ghost Recon Wildlands or Battlefield 1 on consoles.

2 hours ago, exHFerBD said:

Well DE has promised they would fix the performance issue on Earth a while ago, but I guess they are occupied by polishing PoE...

If DE can't get this Earth remaster running well, then how well do we expect PoE to run? I'm not surprised that some low-end PCs struggle with the Earth remaster, but consoles? I mean, AAA games require a whole lot more than Warframe graphically, and yet I don't ever hear much about performance issues for them. I hope Warframe can improve in this area between now and PoE's release, because if not, then I question how viable any remaster or landscape will be for the game.

14 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

I can't stand playing on console for this very reason. That's why I built a machine for about the price of current consoles when they debuted, and I run the game 10 times better. I don't know what to say other than to do that. Consoles are an outmoded platform to me and look like they will be going away, after trying to be more and more like PCs, first, only locked down and more overpriced. I see them going the Apple/Alienware route then, which at that point, they are still going to be worse.

Plus, this game can't keep being held back by low-end PCs and consoles, the game has to move forward and evolve, and if this game keeps doing that, and it keeps evolving for a long time, the min-specs bar HAS to move up. Unfortunately, if you think you can still play on older consoles or older PCs, you're sorely outdated. You need to move with the times. The game is growing and NEEDS to keep growing in order to hold and gather more interest. So at this point, if your potato console or PC can no longer play this game: GET SOMETHING NEW. Because the game is not going to backpedal for you anymore.

14 hours ago, (PS4)s-o-s-m-o-o-t-h said:

-snip-

Most games these days are built with consoles in mind.  Developers have to build to the lowest power denominator in order to reach the maximum sales potential.  Which is why you see so few games built specifically for the sake of being a graphical showcase.  Besides, with the Xbone One X later this year and PS5 in a couple or few years, developers will get an increase in the lowest power denominator soon enough.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Well, Earth remaster surely makes my toaster (this is a laptop) suffer but my other champion rig (desktop) still maxes it out easily in 1080p/60fps so worst case scenario I will completely have to stop playing it on the toaster.

We were promised some new sliders though so I wonder when those will come.

Edited by Momo93

The solution for me is a chance of a migration to pc. because i notice the differences of ps4 and pc in performance. and now i cant play warframe in ps4 because it feels wrong since i build my pc. but i cant play on pc to start all over again knowing that i have a 3 years account stuck in ps4 with my time and money there... im just waiting for the chance of a migration account to pc. 

I believe PC had some issues and then a week or so later they addressed some.  I don't know if console got those same things addressed in the build we got.  I haven't tried playing there too much post update.  But I saw frames dipping pretty often.  and that was solo.  That never happens to me when I solo.  usually only in a full group.  and not even always then.

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Rebecca even once said confidently that console to PC migration is just not possible.

Even without DE commenting, it just won't ever happen.  It is, effectively, asking the company to be cool with a player leaving their platform and, thus, no longer giving them money.  The only reason PC happened was because Sony and MS were more than happy to allow a buttload of new customers on the platforms because it meant more money and Steam isn't based around the same sort of business model.

I have the PS4 Pro, and I don't seem to get any framerate lag or any issues in the graphical front, but I'm guessing it's because it's more powerful than the regular console?

I've read through the comments, and ofcourse PC will run better than the consoles, but as far as I can tell, personally, I haven't yet had any problems, even with the beautiful Earth remaster. Maybe they could tone down all them reflective surfaces so we're not blinded, but other than that, I think we're good!