Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime's Iron Skin is using Energy Color instead of Accents [Fixed]

Rhino

1 hour ago, Zaradox said:

I just wanted to be black, and red. This makes no sense to the design of rhino prime, I thought that the metallic pieces were to match the iron skin so that you're almost all metallic. It doesn't make sense. I like my metallic pieces to look black, and my iron skin to look black, but still retain the balance of red energy in the crevices, and black when not in iron skin. It looks all unbalanced, and I look like a strawberry when i pop iron skin. I am very picky about my edgy color scheme. This is really making me just look ten times worse. Please change it back. 

Well maybe DE doesn't want edge lords doing that but just deal with it 

being a rhino main and this was not in the change logs in the update it is a bug and i would to see if DE can confierm this and it ruins my fashionframe as chosing the wrong energy color can make it look disgusting please fix if you can thanks EDIT: instead make it a accent of the warframe color since accent is metalic and iron skin is metalic energy it looks ugly when you have a bright energy color DE help for fashion frames

Edited by AngelicRhino

I think this "change" comes with this: 

Oberon’s Hallowed Ground Grass and Prime ferns will now match your Accent color, and the ferns will get your Energy color in the middle of them for 2-tone fashionframe.

I want my rhino back :sadcry:

Well, I hope they change back.

Using the 4 tint was perfect for every skin. Prime, classic, deluxe or tennogen.

4 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Wait, hasn't this been changed a loooong time ago?

Actually nope. It was added to be modified by the 4 color tint (metallic for the prime).

An other solution could be adding a option to select the iron skin color.

Here's some exemple of the problem we have now:

IDWnuRJ.jpg

Let's see, a patch drops with no indication of a change that users are complaining about, but they don't call out what it is. Is it that time already? 

At least I'm not seeing the legendary "stealth nerf" since that's reserved for gameplay stuff that bugs out. 

Only cosmetic change in the notes are Oberon's plants. Rhino was changed a while back where the tint determines iron skin color. It bugged out this patch. Report it as a bug instead of jumping to conclusions. 

Edited by Sajochi

5 hours ago, pinkphink said:

Rhino's Iron Skin is now affected by energy color. Some people may find it working normally though.
3Fs6liG.png
k08E1Nq.png

Whoa, is that with iron skin on? Ugly as hell.

Mine applies properly and with rhino prime i look like a bronze guardian with iron skin on.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

What?! NO!

Dont ruin my rhino!

Finally i look decent with iron skin on!

My energy color turns rhino prime into a bronze golem when i turn on iron skin and its fantastic!

it wasnt in the change logs it probs was another glitch..

I remember way back when Rhino Prime got the rendering changes, iron skin went from always gold to energy color.  After some discussion with the players, it was changed to accent color.  And now it is back to energy color without any patch notes at all?  Yeah going with an accident.  A shockingly painful one to see when I decided to throw my Rhino out for a mission and toggled the skin on.  I was quite happy with the metallic color it was previously and then it is this bright painful green shows up.    So it would be nice if this is fixed.

Curiously, if you switch energy color back to default (some shade of light blue) the skin goes back to default gold.

Some further testing lead me to realize the iron skin is also very much more reflective than it was before.  Like that very brief period where people were claiming their iron skins were coated in grease they were so shiny. 

And one final experiment lead me to learn this is also effecting regular rhino..  Regular rhino was never meant to have editable iron skin, that was the prime's thing if I recall. 

Edited by Altroth

19 hours ago, Rhino said:

Title

please DE...i beg you...my iron skin is all screwed up now...i look like a cherry

I understand your frustration, but I like to be able to do this:

Spoiler

WXplIdI.jpg

And not have to look like this:

Spoiler

gVy7ur7.jpg

I'd love if DE could make both of us happy, and realize they'll probably change it back, but I feel like many of us would like the color variance and freedom to separate the two colors if we choose.

4 hours ago, Altroth said:

I remember way back when Rhino Prime got the rendering changes, iron skin went from always gold to energy color.  After some discussion with the players, it was changed to accent color.  And now it is back to energy color without any patch notes at all?  Yeah going with an accident.  A shockingly painful one to see when I decided to throw my Rhino out for a mission and toggled the skin on.  I was quite happy with the metallic color it was previously and then it is this bright painful green shows up.    So it would be nice if this is fixed.

Curiously, if you switch energy color back to default (some shade of light blue) the skin goes back to default gold.

Some further testing lead me to realize the iron skin is also very much more reflective than it was before.  Like that very brief period where people were claiming their iron skins were coated in grease they were so shiny. 

And one final experiment lead me to learn this is also effecting regular rhino..  Regular rhino was never meant to have editable iron skin, that was the prime's thing if I recall. 

actually no for the regular rhino. his iron skin has matched the energy color for a while. still this should stay for rhino prime. makes it so people like me who don't like gold won't have to look at it when using rhino prime.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Iron skin is a power, which uses energy, so it makes sense that it would color based on your energy color. 

iron skin is a power? is that mean my rhino with blue energy making him Thunder Rhino? pokemon? or White Rhino = Ice Rhino pokemon? :confuse:

I'm definitly disappointed, I just found out 5 minuts ago, that my rhino prime is now looking like a running metalic carrot ... Please DE ! Do something about that, and give us the choice to choose between the prime and non prime iron skin model ! <3

915795carrotrhino.png

Edited by Bamboustache

I loved how Rhino used to look with energy and accents seperate ( it allowed for more freedom in customizing your warframe). Now if you want to have Purple energy with gold or whatever color skin, you can't, you just look plain silly unless you sacrifice your fashion frame. Lets be honest, a huge amount of this game is based on "Fashion Frame". I hope DE will revert it to how it used to be or at least give players the option to chose whether accents or energy color effects our Iron Skin.

16 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! This issue will be fixed in the next Hotfix, Iron Skin will draw its color from the right parameter again (Accents).

omg DE thank you! i knew it was a glitch it wasnt in the change logs :heart: