Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chaingun

Valletta

So with the Lenz I noticed it has like a battery pack on your back. I really like this concept and would like to see more weapons that do that.

However, what if we could get some sort of chaingun/minigun? It would have a backpack with that bendable thing to transfer the rounds to the gun. The gun itself would be like a miniature grattler or something like a minigun. I think its be fun to run around in warframe as the heavy weapons guy.

You could also maybe add in some new mechanics where you have a slow aim and spin up time, but receive maybe a shield, health or armor buff, or maybe even use a portable shield.

That would be fun for defense missions and such.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I will definitely like to have this in the game.

giphy.gif

A Velocitus with an alt-fire mode of a Grattler, no Bombard or Napalm will dare come near you ever again.

PS: Just look at all those bullets cases, it's beautiful!

What is that gif from?

47 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, it's not a chaingun per-se, but there is some sort of rifle-sized gatling gun in the works.

sean-bigham-071.jpg?1499656412

Really looking forward to it!

Looks more like a metal storm weapon than a gatling one. The barrels are unevenly spaced, and I can't see a rotary mechanism.

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

What is that gif from?

Anime called Black Rock Shooter, 8 episodes plus an OVA and it's more confusing then you would think by just seeing that gif.

There is also a game for the PSP, two mangas based on the game, a separate manga, another separate manga and none of those follow the same plot.

PS: There are also two more games, but both of them a discontinued.

15 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, it's not a chaingun per-se, but there is some sort of rifle-sized gatling gun in the works.

Ooh. Where did that concept art come from?

Reminds me how i wish they would put more old concept art either on the codex or at least on this website.

Also i think the term "chaingun" actualy refers to a single barreled weapon where a chain is used to chamber each round. Which i think were auto cannons. Not sure though. I just recall the name chaingun not being the correct term for a rotary barrel gun.

Though i'd like to see a portable auto cannon style gun for the Tenno. Something the size of the Opticor but firing like 20mm rounds in burst fire.

Edited by Othergrunty

17 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

ooh, looks like a Gorgon and a Grattler had a little baby! quite sleek-looking for a Grineer weapon, I like it. my only gripe is that it'll NEED to have a large magazine Capacity, in fact they may as well just let it run off a single Ammo reserve like Arch-guns do (though it wouldn't automatically regenerate, you'd still have to pick up fallen Ammo/Use restores. it would balance really high fire-rate with decent DPS and should ideally be status based, a gun that completely overwhelms enemies with reasonable, but not pinpoint accurate fire.

I really want this gun!

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:
Spoiler

Screw your fidget spinners

THIS is the real HMG

m2hbqcb_mun_d_500px.png

Or even this

3.png

Shame our flimsy frames won't be able to pick up something like this

Ah, the Browning? I was thinking of the Grineer Ramparts being such an equivalent and having a pair of them at that.

5GjljH1.gif

EIther way, I wouldn't mind seeing one of these in action too (outside of the Grineer Ramparts).

1 minute ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Ah, the Browning? I was thinking of the Grineer Ramparts being such an equivalent and having a pair of them at that.

5GjljH1.gif

EIther way, I wouldn't mind seeing one of these in action too (outside of the Grineer Ramparts).

Yep. A tennoesque Browning autocannon with 5 rounds per a second, ~100 rounds magazine, 120 damage per a round , ~20% status chance and ~10-15% crit chance, innate punch, very high recoil, and juicy buzlok-ish sounds... A Rhino can dream

5 hours ago, Teloch said:

Yep. A tennoesque Browning autocannon with 5 rounds per a second, ~100 rounds magazine, 120 damage per a round , ~20% status chance and ~10-15% crit chance, innate punch, very high recoil, and juicy buzlok-ish sounds... A Rhino can dream

why an auto cannon sounds nice but so does a 1200 round minigun. .. because when you want to give the enemy lead poisoning but pumped up a few times

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

why an auto cannon sounds nice but so does a 1200 round minigun. .. because when you want to give the enemy lead poisoning but pumped up a few times

Eh. Wanna see them pop like watermelons

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Eh. Wanna see them pop like watermelons

a decent deal of people just want BFG's aka big * guns.  weither they be chainguns miniguns. or galting guns . we want BIG guns that shoot lead. not melee or particle cannons or arch wing weapons .