Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's wrong with people?

Doxorn

8 hours ago, SurrealEdge said:

All you can do is ignore and move on, unless you plan on coming to the forums and vent for every single time someone says you're a troll there's no helping you.

This won't be the first and last time this will happen I assure you.

53 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Also there is no reason to cry on every person because there are peoples whom much nicer and kind and more tolerant. The majority of players are trying to be nice but those wont be patient and tolerant enough to bother with them. Focus on peoples whom were nice to you and not butthurts.

Well this wasn't the first time I got ignored or being handled as a trash and a liar (but the first&last time of this kinda topic, promise). This was the first to this extent tho and I was completely baffled.

Anyways... thanks for all of your answers.

Edited by Doxorn

12 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

Well this wasn't the first time I got ignored or being handled as a trash and a liar (but the first&last time of this kinda topic, promise). This was the first to this extent tho and I was completely baffled.

Anyways... thanks for all of your answers.

It happens. Just continue to carry on as normal.

One person's opinion of you shouldn't shift your perspective. Again, this happens regularly, not with your particular case, but with the shaming of someone in general, whether they're being helpful, or are being total scumbags, don't let it get to you.

He must've really thought he knew he was right. That's all. Thought what you said was false and blocked you. Annoying as is - you're helping and that's good. If he doesn't know that then oh well! His loss.

Gotta realize people will be people. Things like this is common - just ignore it.

20 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

He thought you were lying. Have you never had a misunderstanding online before?

I'm pretty sure there are a couple dozen of people on the forums who have me on ignore for expressing opinion.

Hehe yes this^

I've had this happen but can't remember why or who because I don't care...dont sweat the small stuff.

I once helped a squad of noobs on mercury they will report me for killing everything (i was ember) and they called me a hacker

I got upset for a month or so i quit helping new players but i got UNangry so i still help new players (tho they sometimes again call me hacker) 

sometimes i wanna cry but than i remember i have no tears to cry anymore.

23 hours ago, TrinityPrime said:

Or another time back before star chart 3.0 update fixed explosives auto-headshotting I'd get into an argument everytime I ran into a particular player in region prime who kept telling me explosives don't autoheadshot despite being able to tell exactly what tests I ran to check and yet they called me a liar and claimed they also did tests and everyone in their clan agreed with them.

That one was easily provable by getting the affinity mission bonus "Get 10 headshots". If you were using explosives you got the challenge done almost immediately.

I've learned to accept that most players are obsessively ignorant.  Even when they're right, it's by simple luck and most don't even know why.*  I get it, being wrong sucks.  Being wrong over the internet for some reason sucks more.  And you can shove evidence and suggest a test all you want, they'll claim they've run the same test without actually doing so, and also claim multiple others have done the same and agree with them, like that makes their "observations" any more true.

Whatever, let them be wrong.  Their loss.

*Remember when syndicates first released?  I actually ran controlled tests and calculated the formula of exp-to-rep and confirmed that less gear equipped meant more rep per exp point, where most others just cried "less gear means more rep!"  They were right, but they didn't really provide any evidence, just "gut feeling."  And I doubt most would have actually noticed without the first few posters mentioning something either.  The take away lesson here: take all common knowledge with a grain of salt.  Most of it is bandwagon "intelligence."

On 5/9/2017 at 7:14 PM, Doxorn said:

I just don't understand why he is calling me a liar and troll when it is soo obvious I was trying to be helpful?

At this point i think you are a troll ... not rare that you give that impresion to others too . Nobody cares that this person hurt your feelings by ignore you ...

Its a difference of opinion when it comes to RNG based information. Probability increases but when a person rolls 10-20 times and gets crap mods he forms an opinion based on experience. You can quote wiki and show all the data mined information but it won't change a persons view.  

So I can understand what is this player thinking. When two people with different views collide it creates anger and frustration. Neither is going to back down. He/she got agitated and instead of continuing a useless conversation blocked you. Move on and grow thicker skin for the internet.

Not everyone is going to agree with you even for obvious things like earth being round.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:04 AM, Doxorn said:

So I was on region chat, talking to others and just helping out answering questions then this guy wrote on me. I tried to be helpful and yet I got ignored for crimes I have not commited. This is just really bothers me...

Dq1vxp7.jpg

At the end I was trying to quote from the wiki but he ignored me. Why people so dense?

Why people so dense? Cause the world is filled with stupid cu*ts. Unfortunately, no one can do anything about them. These types of people are just ignorant. They think what they're doing is right, and someone doing something else is impossible and shouldn't work. Ignorant people are the worst kind of people.