Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1000-9000 for Riven mods & salt

Berserk-King

15 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Yeah, Hek is so bad :clem: (Free joke because you avoid telling your weapon)

But if you can "one shot" everything without any riven, you are either playing meta or you don't play against HL content. Not assumption, just fact. 

Dude I have like so many weapons, opticor for example, Amprex uh idk Braton/Burston sometimes. Quanta. I switch alot so yes you ARE assuming. You literally do not need rivens to one shot stuff idk why ppl think that. The mod system is busted as it is, even without the rivens.

Just now, Shichibukai88 said:

Dude I have like so many weapons, opticor for example, Amprex uh idk Braton/Burston sometimes. Quanta. I switch alot so yes you ARE assuming. You literally do not need rivens to one shot stuff idk why ppl think that. The mod system is busted as it is, even without the rivens.

I mean, all the weapons you talk are totally ultra strong... Just check what disposition your weapon is and you'll see 

And you don't need any riven on the weapons made to be good without riven, seems logic. It was my point at start.

But if you want to use your old Lato, Scoliac, Strun and all the other meh weapons, rivens are here for you.

Just now, Xgomme said:

I mean, all the weapons you talk are totally ultra strong... Just check what disposition your weapon is and you'll see 

And you don't need any riven on the weapons made to be good without riven, seems logic. It was my point at start.

But if you want to use your old Lato, Scoliac, Strun and all the other meh weapons, rivens are here for you.

Again, rivens were and are a mistake. Bandaid fix for a busted mod system. Good for ppl who wanna use them I guess.

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Plat is NOT real world money. I could buy a Riven for 3k play right now and it wouldn't have cost me a dime.

And whomever i bought that Riven from could then buy someone else's Riven for 3k plat.

It's not real world money

Ok plat is not real money, so if plat don't come from peoples bank accounts where does it come from? 

1 hour ago, DesFrSpace said:

Hide contents

TOO MUCH GREED, can MAKE YOU CRAZY (suicide/dead inside).

"Moderation".

Thanks for the life lesson lol. But I'm good.

Plat is what drives this economy. So the better stats I roll for particular rivens for a particular weapon that are in demand then sell for plat,  the more money DE can potentially make and the more plat I can acquire. Win Win. So GG. Have fun with your "moderation" I'll have fun shopping, fashion frame, decorating my ship and acquiring primes.. :P

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

17 minutes ago, Fezeal said:

Yep and nobody is being forced to buy a single thing! but really you cant say its not money for "other players" its a transition real money to game money

It's not real money. Items sell for a lot of plat because it's become easy to make a lot of plat through trading.

No one would be buying Rivens for 2kplat if it really cost them $50. The value of plat has plummeted becaues it's so easy to make 1000s of plat in this generous trade system. Many buyers in trade chat also make plat from selling.  

The argument that "someone paid for the plat" doesn't hold up because every time plat is traded it loses value as it floats around the market from player to player. There isn't a 1-1 purchase. That same plat will be used to double dip on another trade, until theoretically it returns to original buyer and they use it in the DE market and remove it from the trade economy. Until it leaves the market, it's not really worth anything, it's just being"borrowed" as it goes from hand to hand.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Discounting the fake "god" rivens, which are usually very strong mind you but are about an order of magnetude easier to get, truely good rivens are going to be worth a LOT of plat to a LOT of players. You might not be one of them. This is because of the months of daily play time you would be required to farm to get a specific riven and then reroll one whales would want is the reason they are absolutely can be worth 1000s of plat.

The math basically dicates that combos of cd/cc/ms/dmg with a non impactful neg on the right weapon makes them worth loads.

Go look up the statistical estimates people have made on the average num of rolls to get a top tier riven. In the time it would take you grind one, you would probably have made many thousands of $ just doing your day job. The RNG is massive and your odds of rolling an actual vauable riven without dozens of hours of play time is pretty tiny.

52 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's not real money. Items sell for a lot of plat because it's become easy to make a lot of plat through trading.

No one would be buying Rivens for 2kplat if it really cost them $50. The value of plat has plummeted becaues it's so easy to make 1000s of plat in this generous trade system. Many buyers in trade chat also make plat from selling.  

The argument that "someone paid for the plat" doesn't hold up because every time plat is traded it loses value as it floats around the market from player to player. There isn't a 1-1 purchase. That same plat will be used to double dip on another trade, until theoretically it returns to original buyer and they use it in the DE market and remove it from the trade economy. Until it leaves the market, it's not really worth anything, it's just being"borrowed" as it goes from hand to hand.

it does not theoretically return to the owner, people buy things like potatoes, weapon slots, forma bundles, skins, it disapears thats how it works, then "other players" buy more plat, this is where it comes from this is how they make money and thats why we all get to play the game bud, it isnt magic.

4 minutes ago, Fezeal said:

it does not theoretically return to the owner, people buy things like potatoes, weapon slots, forma bundles, skins, it disapears thats how it works, then "other players" buy more plat, this is where it comes from this is how they make money and thats why we all get to play the game bud, it isnt magic.

Yeah it  kinda does. But I think it's an irrelevent point. Because that's how real money works at the end of the day. You go to store and pay money. Store pays employees with that money. They go to store and spend money. The money doesn't just disapear when traded, nor does plat. The mechanic of money being removed from WFs market might be likened to taxes and paying back the interest on the central banks/fake central bank (Fed) loan the money in the first place? I don't know, but in either case more money/plat is always entering the market place either by buying it from DE or the central bank/privately owed money printing monopoly (Fed) prints more on behalf of the government.

1 hour ago, Fezeal said:

You are assuming the that players that earn plat  through trading only use that plat to buy items from the market.

DE is not making extra money from trades. I don't think you understood my example.

Here's a simpler one 

Player 1 buys 100$ plat. He buys a mod from player 2 for 100 plat. Player 2 now can buy from player 3 for 100 plat. DE has only made 100$ plat from 300$ in exchanges. The initial value of the plat has dropped and will continue to fall with each trade. Player 3 can then buy a mod from player 1. Player 1 now has 100$ of plat again, for no cost at all. This can happen indefinitely until the plat is spent. All those transactions in-between mean nothing profit wise. (Also, it may even be potentially a lost of money because player 2,3,etc don't need to buy spend money on that plat they were going to buy)

Players are making tons of plat for free from vaulted items and in turn are willing to spend large amounts of plat to buy mods. 

I've made over 10k plat from trading. 3k in plat isn't all that much to me, compared to when I first started trading

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

all plat in trade economy comes from paid plat

so plat that is tradeable is "real money" no matter how u slice that cheese

55 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You are assuming the that players that earn plat  through trading only use that plat to buy items from the market.

No i'm not don't twist it, some plat on the market yes but not ONLY on the market, your assuming not me. and you telling me you never buy a frame slot or a forma bundle or a potato or a weapon slot? don't lie to me.

55 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

DE is not making extra money from trades. I don't think you understood my example.

Here's a simpler one 

Player 1 buys 100$ plat. He buys a mod from player 2 for 100 plat. Player 2 now can buy from player 3 for 100 plat. DE has only made 100$ plat from 300$ in exchanges. The initial value of the plat has dropped and will continue to fall with each trade. Player 3 can then buy a mod from player 1. Player 1 now has 100$ of plat again, for no cost at all. This can happen indefinitely until the plat is spent. All those transactions in-between mean nothing profit wise. (Also, it may even be potentially a lost of money because player 2,3,etc don't need to buy spend money on that plat they were going to buy)

Players are making tons of plat for free from vaulted items and in turn are willing to spend large amounts of plat to buy mods. 

I've made over 10k plat from trading. 3k in plat isn't all that much to me, compared to when I first started trading

When did i say DE is making extra money from trades? changing what i said again, your example don't wash and your missing the point, everyone single plat of tha 10k of yours came from someones bank account, its as good as money,  it don't matter who it circulates too, it well inevitably end up being spent by someone somewhere on the market and its the players who buy plat that keep it coming into the game, maybe to you plat is not money but to me it is.

i'm done with this now i cant talk to someone that changes and misunderstands what im saying and its off topic now

Edited by Fezeal

8 minutes ago, Fezeal said:

No i'm not don't twist it, some plat on the market yes but not ONLY on the market, your assuming not me. and you telling me you never buy a frame slot or a forma bundle or a potato or a weapon slot? don't lie to me.

When did i say DE is making extra money from trades? changing what i said again, your example don't wash and your missing the point, everyone single plat of tha 10k of yours came from someones bank account, its as good as money,  it don't matter who it circulates too, it well inevitably end up being spent by someone somewhere on the market and its the players who buy plat that keep it coming into the game, maybe to you plat is not money but to me it is.

i'm done with this now i cant talk to someone that changes and misunderstands what im saying and its off topic now

If DE isn't making extra money, and players aren't necessarily buying the plat directly to trade for Rivens... How does it directly translated to real world money? 

My point is that you can't look at 3k plat at market value, even with the 75% discount. Many players trading in those values aren't spending plat they bought with money. The trade economy has a severe case of inflation.

I don't go over 200 personally and I rarely go over 150. There will be new Riven mods and fairer sellers, I don't mind being patient. I am in no hurry to get a Riven mod for a weapon I want. I either get it passively from Sorties or I get it with Platinum on the trading market eventually. Either way works just fine for me. I got so much to do in the meantime anyway.

16 hours ago, Fezeal said:

I see people selling riven mods for 4 digit numbers, seen it all 1000 all the way to 9000, as someone who buys plat and supports the game i know how expensive that can be, that's a lot of real life money for the prices these people want for what the thing actually is and some really aren't that good at all either and some have such low disposition its barely better than a regular set up

Am i just salty? do you agree with my opinion?  do you sell Rivens for those prices and disagree? have you supported this by paying their prices? 

thx

Well, it's the players selling and the players buying. That's there money, and it's not like the platinum they make in-game can be converted to real money either. If people want to spend $100s on buying rivens, that's up to them. Let them be the suckers. 

IMO the riven economy is in a bubble right now. You'll see lots of people selling but only a few heavy hitters actually buying. Eventually, once the market gets saturated with Opticor Critican rivens, the price will drop massively and you'll see more reasonable prices being charged. 

A brief study of the Wall Street and dot com bubble of the early 2000s will provide some background of how bubble economies work. 

I just get a bit of a laugh when I see traders like that. as much as I'd like a Tigris Riven with damage, Multishot and Slash, there's no way I'm paying those ridiculous prices. much cheaper and more enjoyable to get Rivens for underappreciated, high disposition weapons and see them go from being MR fodder to surprisingly powerful.