Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenurik's nerf discussion

Ghost_V_

Hello, Tenno!

I wanted to ask for opinions about Zenurik's Energy Flow being removed. Now, I know they said something along the lines of "we won't be removing it entirely, just from the school" or something like that (feel free to correct me), but my question is: Is it really game breaking if we have a 3 energy per second passive that, doesn't become very effective when there's, Energy draining eximi, Ancient Disruptors, or using a drain ability.

I'm not salty at all (maybe just a bit) but if that was game breaking then isn't Trinity considered even more of a broken system?

IMO, I don't really see anything wrong or game breaking with it, especially when you have a frame that has a large energy pool. I also use pads when this ability is working because sometimes it is just too slow for me and my playstyle.

PS: I have nothing against this change, I just find it interesting and I was wondering if there is any convincing reason to remove it. 

It won't be nerfed, it will be completely wiped out, including Zenurik's Energy Overflow (minute 19:19 of devstream):

Your focus points will remain, alas we don't know if that is going to be in a 1=1 parity; It won't be wiped out because it is game breaking but because the focus system will be taken to new heights with new dynamics and mechanics revolving around the idea of the Tenno/Operator as a warrior, that's why Scott mentioned that we need to keep an open mind. 

Edited by RubenRosas
mid = mind

4 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

True

6 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Why can't we discuss the change when we actually know what it is? Dx

Just give it some time, we'll see what happens soon ..

Well, getting opinions doesn't hurt anything i just wanting to know what are other people's opinions about it.

Another reason for this post is if the change was unfortunalty not good (which i hope it's not) i don't want to be scrolling through 50,000 s**tstrom posts b*tching about the new focus system.

Honestly, the whole Focus system is so poorly implemented that I've avoided it. So I really don't care about them removing abilities I've never used and never felt the need to use in the first place. The news that bothers me the most about the Focus changes is that they're keeping the terrible Lens system in place. The Lens system is my biggest complaint because it's 100% geared towards stealth farmers and people who main frames and weapons. I don't play the game that way.

Edited by Ceryk

1 minute ago, Emulad0or said:

I said in AM-Bunny's Devstream Overview thread, I'll say it here again:

We were fine before Energy Overflow, we will be fine after it's gone

I know that we're fine. i just thought of asking people to know if they had any other reasons than "they broke the game" so that I have a bit more understanding for it.

Also not everyone was here before the focus system so i didn't experience what you have before it.

2 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Honestly, the whole Focus system is so poorly implemented that I've avoided it. So I really don't care about them removing abilities I've never used and never felt the need to use in the first place. The news that bothers me the most about the Focus changes is that they're keeping the terrible Lens system in place. The Lens system is my biggest complaint because it's 100% geared towards stealth farmers and people who main frames and weapons. I don't play the game that way.

It's not 100% geared towards stealth frames. True, you get the most with stealth frames because of the multipliers, but, Exalted weapons like Excal's EB, Valkyr's claws, Mesa's guns (i think so at least) get more experience than Ember's WoF, and other AoE abilities that don't count as exalted. I've noticed very big differences using Excal's EB than with Ember's WoF or Octavia's Mallet. But anyways, thanks for your response :)

2 minutes ago, Ghost_V_ said:

I know that we're fine. i just thought of asking people to know if they had any other reasons than "they broke the game" so that I have a bit more understanding for it.

Also not everyone was here before the focus system so i didn't experience what you have before it.

Once again, even when you are right about getting and hearing other people's ideas and perceptions, the Focus System is not being scrapped because it "broke the game" but because is is going to complement a new way of playing our Operator (which we also ignore, since that detail was elegantly avoided during the last Devstream, we only know that it will focus in the "physical" operator).

2 minutes ago, Ghost_V_ said:

Understandable. But it is not that big of a deal. People will just have to be more tactical (pun intended) and think a bit more about builds and how and when to use each skill instead of just spamming around.

5 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Lens

Yeah... The RNG is bad for free farming, and is locked behind TWW so you can't even start farming lenses as soon as focus is unlocked. And convergence is annoying not interesting. And then once you lens stuff you feel restricted to using that stuff...

1 minute ago, RubenRosas said:

Once again, even when you are right about getting and hearing other people's ideas and perceptions, the Focus System is not being scrapped because it "broke the game" but because is is going to complement a new way of playing our Operator (which we also ignore, since that detail was elegantly avoided during the last Devstream, we only know that it will focus in the "physical" operator).

Tenno mode yeah, I agree that its just to try something different, but I feel that the 'sledgehammer' statement in the devstream should have been followed with showing a sample of what to expect for the Operator specific replacement for Focus. The AMA implied that turning some passives like Energy Surge for Zenurik into a conditional Operator Arcane might be a consideration but I feel that a lot of this worry could be saved by showing the replacement for a reward that anyone who completed 2nd Dream has unlocked but now won't be able to use unless War Within and Warrior Mode are unlocked.

Just now, Emulad0or said:

Understandable. But it is not that big of a deal. People will just have to be more tactical (pun intended) and think a bit more about builds and how and when to use each skill instead of just spamming around.

I really don't believe anyone that doesn't already play like this will make a serious attempt at learning how not to just totally spam abilities until the Trinity issue is dealt with and people are forced not to play like that.

4 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

I really don't believe anyone that doesn't already play like this will make a serious attempt at learning how not to just totally spam abilities until the Trinity issue is dealt with and people are forced not to play like that.

Yeah, some people are lazy, but there is not much to be done about that. If they say it's unfair and that we need ways to get energy, there are always energy restores. It has been proven that the game can be played without the spams, if they want to insist, they can always pay the resources to craft restores. It's not like people just sit and wait for 2min at the start of every mission to trigger Energy Overflow and just then start playing (I hope not at least, but it woundnt surprise me...), they will just have to play the entire mission the same way they play those first 2min...

25 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

I said in AM-Bunny's Devstream Overview thread, I'll say it here again:

We were fine before Energy Overflow, we will be fine after it's gone

No Zenurik getting changed is going to kill the game. Ignore every other change that has killed the game, this one will be the one to finally do it.

Not the first time, I repeat this:

DE Solve this by:

"Change" [Energy_Siphon] from +0.6 Ener/Sec to +5.0 Ener/Sec (If not +3.0/Ener/Sec).

Well Spam Abilities (just not 4) doesn't have to be so hard. 

Let also BUFF [RAGE]! Now provide 100% Damage on Health to Energy! 

Energy Problem, seem like last year.

Spoiler

Rant:

"Trinity blamed for Energy Issues, "Broken".

You know when Trinity Get "down-graded" again, Oberon and is next right? Who say Nerfing Trinity for Oberon was one-way.

You going to NERF everything aren't you, waste of time. 

What some Tennos don't understand, yet:

Any WarFrames use Abilities that consume ENERGIES, would be just Specter.

I realized that long ago, when I got to the "point" of playing with not Energies. 

*updating*

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

No Zenurik getting changed is going to kill the game. Ignore every other change that has killed the game, this one will be the one to finally do it.

It not hard, most Games should have been DED, when they gone FULL Pay 2 Win.