Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus rework question

Budu

So we were told that "All accumulated Focus will be refunded for respec!"

Will they.. 

A) give back all focus points to respective trees. 

B) give back in a large pile you can distribute to any tree you want.

C) give back all focus only to the tree you select.

1 minute ago, RubenRosas said:

All of the answers operate based on the following premise: the new focus system retain the the school trees as we have then so far. 

We don't know if that is going to happen, so my guess is that it is going to be more as described in "B".

The actual Schools (i.e. Naramon, Madurai) are staying. It's what they do and how they work which is changing.

3 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

Hopefully B, don't know why DE didn't just use a singular pool in the beginning it would have been a lot simpler from the start. But then they also seem to like overcomplicating things that should be simple.

Dude, think a little:

If they did that we would not need the plentora of Lens types out there. Did you really think they would make farming the points that easy?

Really hoping for A here. If you only maxed the overpowered trees you shouldn't be allowed to use that focus on the other ones that might become more useful now. However, if you've spent over 1 million focus into unairu in its current form you deserve it if it's going to be the new broken thing.

I honestly didn't think of any other option other than "A".....But then it did occur to me just now that the entire Focus system is being reworked, so, the Schools might not even be the same deali-o they were before, in which case, it would make more sense I guess, depending on how it's implemented, to do a "B" style.

23 minutes ago, Budumpshh said:

Will they.. 

A) give back all focus points to respective trees. 

B) give back in a large pile you can distribute to any tree you want.

C) give back all focus only to the tree you select.

D) give back all focus points, but focus points are no longer worth anything. Now we need "Uber" points. Each "Uber" point unlocks the ability to spend 100 regular focus points. You still need 75,000 to get anything.

"Uber" points can only be gained once per day cycle in PoE by finding an enemy that doesn't appear on radar somewhere random.

10 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

B...because the focus was in beta for nearly 2 years....it would be FOOLISH to NOT do a full focus respec.

Welcome to Warframe Tenno, you will find the bar right next to all the 4-5 forma Tonkors, frames that got prime variants and the pile of Reaper Primes.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

When DE said that Lenses and how Focus points are earned stay the same.

Well in minute 18:30 of the last Devstream after Sheldon asked "So, it is as it is right now?" Scott said "no, it will be completely redone, none of the old remains" but of course around minute 19:40 both Rebecca and Scott commented about the lens and that the "core" remains, so probably I was just overthinking it :]

1 minute ago, RubenRosas said:

so probably I was just overthinking it :]

The thing is that there are couple of things they said after the Stream in the Reddit AMA that unintentionally may contradict that information. The current page considering Stream 98 in the main site also says "some things may change".

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

The thing is that there are couple of things they said after the Stream in the Reddit AMA that unintentionally may contradict that information. The current page considering Stream 98 in the main site also says "some things may change".

I need to read that.... and fairly speaking, I think [DE] will be revisiting the ideas in hardcore-mode from this moment onward, probably nothing is set in stone =)