The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map of the plains

SineSole

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I keep seeing this, but where was this said? 2.25x2.25 is considerably smaller than the advertised 3x3.

3 square kilometers is the total walkable surface area, it takes into account caves, multifloor buildings etc. 

1 minute ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Steve said on twitter. They measured it and is 2.25x2.25 + underground caves.

Oh I see. Sorry then. I got worried that we're getting -4 km2. That would be unfortunate.

Just now, Fylas said:

3 square kilometers is the total walkable surface area, it takes into account caves, multifloor buildings etc. 

You mean 92 kilometres? 32 kilometres is 1.7 x 1.7 km.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

27 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

GkT6rLX.jpg

Hard to tell where the water will truly be, specially the falls.

Its big in relation to normal tiles and I would definitely not want Just Cause 2/3, or Breath of the Wild sized maps with 90% of the map being just terrain to travel. This seems to have a nice dense cluster of locations that I don't have to spend half my play time just finding something to do.

one part the map look funny or fimliar still....-_-..._-_ oooh.....ooooh nononono.if you go the B to E and down to 3, it start shape its head look like this.

hqdefault.jpg

What have you done sentient!

Edited by ChaoticEdge

1 minute ago, Bravely_Casual said:

No it isnt... 2.25km^2 = 3m^2. Its the same.

What? First of all, the question was already answered, so you people can stop; thank you.

Secondly, that's wrong. That's like saying 1+1 = 2+2. Hint, it's not. 2.25 x 2.25 = ~5 km2. 3 x 3 = 9 km2.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

2 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

Wow. Go back to school. 1 km = .6 miles.

I'm sorry, but do you not know how to read? The original proclamation was that PoE would be 3 x 3 km squared. Now, as I've recently learned, it's 2.25 x 2.25 km squared, with lots of underground space and overground structures.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Steve said that Venus landscape will be bigger but maybe they will not increase Cetus in the future. Now they have all the tech done, they can give more time to map making.

Yeah, I read the Twitter. I'm certainly excited to have a more mountainous region in the future.

32 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I keep seeing this, but where was this said? 2.25x2.25 is considerably smaller than the advertised 3x3.

Check Rebecca's Twitter.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I'vr always wondered if the orokin tower will be ecplorable or not. Looks too cool to not be in the plains.

It's not in the Plains. It's behind Cetus. It won't be explorable.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

They could always add a (halo) The Truth and Reconciliation type situation. A big Grineer ship is sent in to harass and subjugate the local inhabitants after enough Tenno activity. Kinda like the razorback/fomorian bar. Instead of a disjointed tile based ship, it could be made top to bottom as a practical ship you can enter and exit adding a vertical nature to the map as the air space does not seem to have much going on. With dynamic entries to the map like this, the whole 2.25x2.25km or 3km x 3km walk-able ground with or without empty caves is less a big deal.

NE1GW1J.jpg

They need to make enter-able ships anyway if they are ever going to work on Steves prototype of a multicrew ship combat mode.

13 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Steve's Twitter. 

DKCWn0NXoAA9Nml?format=jpg&name=small

Rebecca posted that image on her Twitter, though. She said Steve sent that to her. So the source of the image is Rebecca's Twitter, not Steve's. It is Rebecca's Twitter account where people can find this information. If they go to Steve's Twitter page, they will not find that information. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n