Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime Weapon Bundle!

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Truth be told, I'm generally OK with handing out vaulted prime weapons as the vast majority of the vaulted prime weapons AREN'T THAT GOOD.

So what if DE is handing out shinies that have more nostalgia value than actual value?

Edit:
To put this into perspective, here's the vaulted prime weapons:

Melee:
Ankyros Prime, Bo Prime, Dakra Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Glaive Prime, Reaper Prime, Scindo Prime

Primary:
Boar Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Vectis Prime

Secondary:
Hikou Prime, Latron Prime, Sicarus Prime, Vasto Prime

Most of these weapons aren't THAT good compared to what we have currently available.

I mean, soma prime is pretty freaking good, but I see yr point.

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Truth be told, I'm generally OK with handing out vaulted prime weapons as the vast majority of the vaulted prime weapons AREN'T THAT GOOD.

So what if DE is handing out shinies that have more nostalgia value than actual value?

Edit:
To put this into perspective, here's the vaulted prime weapons:

Melee:
Ankyros Prime, Bo Prime, Dakra Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Glaive Prime, Reaper Prime, Scindo Prime

Primary:
Boar Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Vectis Prime

Secondary:
Hikou Prime, Latron Prime, Sicarus Prime, Vasto Prime

Most of these weapons aren't THAT good compared to what we have currently available.

This is kind of the point though. Of all the weapons to be GIVEN away, why give away the one that really matters and actually hold real value for players trying to keep plat up by grinding. Had then given non-vaulted, even something good i.e. Euphona, I don't think there would be as much of an issue. And if for some reason it absolutely had to be something vaulted, then like you said, they had their choice of crap weapons, or even mediocre weapons. A

As for the guys saying they are glad a 400 plat gun is being given away, because it was "unfair" to be "price gouged" that's how a second hand market works in games like this. Should something be 4k plat like Ember was for a short time? Absolutely not. Unvault it, let the price stabilize to something reasonable, but 400 plat for a great weapon is not unreasonable, and generally the only people complaining about it are those not wanting to put the time into the game to earn it.

2 hours ago, jedifurby said:

This is kind of the point though. Of all the weapons to be GIVEN away, why give away the one that really matters and actually hold real value for players trying to keep plat up by grinding. Had then given non-vaulted, even something good i.e. Euphona, I don't think there would be as much of an issue. And if for some reason it absolutely had to be something vaulted, then like you said, they had their choice of crap weapons, or even mediocre weapons. A

As for the guys saying they are glad a 400 plat gun is being given away, because it was "unfair" to be "price gouged" that's how a second hand market works in games like this. Should something be 4k plat like Ember was for a short time? Absolutely not. Unvault it, let the price stabilize to something reasonable, but 400 plat for a great weapon is not unreasonable, and generally the only people complaining about it are those not wanting to put the time into the game to earn it.

You really need to cut your plat prices by quite a lot.

Soma Prime is only going for ~150 plat on warframe.market

Ember Prime is only ~600 as well.

Also, Soma Prime is a **GOOD**, not great, weapon.

On 9/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Just get Amazon Prime - Twitch Prime is part of that deal and you also get Prime streaming AND free 2 day shipping - for $80/year.  So if you order like 5 things off of Amazon in a year and use the free shipping, you've paid for Prime.

but... my country doesnt have amazon prime... and i hardly ever buy anything online.... i actualy had to trick the system when i used the free trial.

8 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

but... my country doesnt have amazon prime... and i hardly ever buy anything online.... i actualy had to trick the system when i used the free trial.

Do not get amazon prime if it's for the twitch prime trial instead get a normal amazon account and then get the twitch prime trial using a REAL credit card with at least 1 dollar. 

18 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You really need to cut your plat prices by quite a lot.

Soma Prime is only going for ~150 plat on warframe.market

Ember Prime is only ~600 as well.

Also, Soma Prime is a **GOOD**, not great, weapon.

"Like ember WAS for a short time" and until this post I was easily getting 350-400 plat for soma. WF market is a cute idea but only serves as a low indicator.

Guys, get over it. You are not special for having spend hours grinding the soma prime or anything else. You never were. People don't fall out of their chairs or have a heart attack whenever you show up in their games with your hard-earned soma prime. In fact, people never cared. Believing that it somehow made you special, is your own fault.

It's just a video game. And it's even free to play. Fun, mindless entertainment. I'm sure that after this, you're gonna wake up and realize the earth still revolves around the sun, just as it always has.

Edited by rune_me

39 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Guys, get over it. You are not special for having spend hours grinding the soma prime or anything else. You never were. People don't fall out of their chairs or have a heart attack whenever you show up in their games with your hard-earned soma prime. In fact, people never cared. Believing that it somehow made you special, is your own fault.

It's just a video game. And it's even free to play. Fun, mindless entertainment. I'm sure that after this, you're gonna wake up and realize the earth still revolves around the sun, just as it always has.

I second that.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:40 PM, LSG501 said:

New players shouldn't be getting weapons that are basically end game viable without any of the investment (time or money) that goes into getting them for existing players.

If you want to keep doing twitch 'freebies' might I suggest skins for frames/weapons or 'common' prime items rather than giving away something that has the potential to annoy existing long term players, and potentially turn the existing community toxic towards newbies with them, like giving away vaulted prime weapons.....

It's shocking that a Free to play game thats like 99+% PvE can be as toxic as this. Is the Soma Prime really something that should be like, 20+ USD? (if it really was going for 400 play like some say)

On 9/28/2017 at 1:47 PM, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

Really guys? Come on. Brand new players won't have the mods, Endo or Forma needed to actually bring the pain with a Soma or Scindo Prime. More than likely, they'll be struggling to kill things while the squad steamrolls the map. Experience taught me that a good number of those newbies are likely to drop off once they hit the grind or the wait for stuff to build. (My buddy stopped once he started to craft his first weapon and saw the 12 hour build time.) If they can't handle that then they aren't getting to the high level planets any time soon.

We don't have Draco anymore so the massive level/MR boost isn't like it was (there's alternatives but not as fast as that was). Unless they get a mentor who gives them everything, they're gonna have to deal with a steep learning curve.

Honestly, it's been pretty easy to learn though I still have a long way to go. If it wasn't for my free Frost Prime, I'd still be fighting the stupid raptor bosses.

5 hours ago, Fire2box said:

It's shocking that a Free to play game thats like 99+% PvE can be as toxic as this. Is the Soma Prime really something that should be like, 20+ USD? (if it really was going for 400 play like some say)

You think a post raising an issue (and only selecting the part of the original post which doesn't already nullify your viewpoint) with giving some of the best items for free to new players without any investment in the game is toxic.....talk about coming across as overly entitled, and/or expecting things without any effort.  This is exactly the reason that many of us don't like the fact that this is happening, not just the drop in trade value of soma prime.  Also note the part in my post about investment of TIME....not just money as you're implying.

The soma prime is currently vaulted (as is the scindo iirc) and as such is only available via plat on trade... this is part of the games business model and to put it simply a free to play game can not exist if everything is free AND easy to get... if it was all free AND easy to get nobody would invest any real money in the game and ultimately it would either change to a pay to play model or shut down.  If you give a new player some of the best weapons in game what reason would they have to invest any time or money into any other part of the game because they already have some of what is deemed 'end game' weaponry. 

Now Warframe is one of the better balanced games out there because you don't have to pay for the plat unless you want to because there are other ways to get plat only items.   You can spend TIME farming for the items you want when they're available, you can farm (which takes TIME) for items you can then sell for plat or you can just trade one item for another..

Edited by LSG501

11 hours ago, rune_me said:

But what if the sun revolves around the earth!

Well this is interesting... However I have a question that sort of relates to this. Why don't you make the "prime accessories" available to console? I know you can buy everything but the warframe and weapons but that's like £15 less than the full thing and on PC you can buy just, let's say an armour set or the miscellaneous items (not the boosters mind you), for about £12. I don't know whether its due to something on console not letting you do this but I'd honestly spend money on the prime armours as they all look great, plus I'm a collector so it's what I would like. 

So sad..

Some guys here freak out because the beginners can get a boost for a better start.

But no one screams that the veterans get ALL their Lenses refunded, so they can get the newest Lenses for free and that way getting even more power.

How long do u guys think a beginner should need to close the gap and be able to really play with the veterans? 5 Years? 10?^

Primed Mods / Seasonal Mods / Lenses / Focus - these things take forever^^

Cant you see this could be frustrating?

I think its a good move to give beginners a little push.

Btw, i already have a Soma prime. But i am still miles away from endgamecontent^^

All these people whining about a company that has a great game actually making an effort to increase their player/customer base because it somehow  diminishes their own personal suffering getting these the regular way or that they wont be able to rip off newbies for their plat. >:I

Edited by Cat_Herder