Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime Weapon Bundle!

[DE]Megan

Now I wasn't overly happy with frost prime being given away for free because I'd bought the unvaulted pack but figured it would be a 'one off' to help promote twitch prime.... clearly it wasn't going to be a one off. 

Obviously this is a commercial agreement with twitch but from a player perspective this quite simply puts me off paying for prime unvaulting or prime access (wouldn't do this one anyway as it's too expensive for what we get but still) because it might come out for free a bit later down the line.... it wouldn't be so bad if it was something that was always available in game like say the burston/braton prime and/or the lex but these are not only vaulted items but near if not at the top of the meta weapons in their respective classes.

Like others I thought the model for the game was spend time grinding if you want stuff for free or if you want it now you can spend plat which  you could trade for or buy with real money.  New players shouldn't be getting weapons that are basically end game viable without any of the investment (time or money) that goes into getting them for existing players.

If you want to keep doing twitch 'freebies' might I suggest skins for frames/weapons or 'common' prime items rather than giving away something that has the potential to annoy existing long term players, and potentially turn the existing community toxic towards newbies with them, like giving away vaulted prime weapons.....

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

It's not like anybody complained when they gave out free Heat Swords with the comic.

Nobody complained because the Heat Sword isn't exactly a top tier weapon. Soma Prime and Scindo Prime are far above average within the meta. Two deals, now, and you can have a top tier frame, top tier rifle, and high tier melee weapon all for whatever you're paying for Amazon Prime.

The heat sword is inconsequential. You get it early in the game and it's not an amazing weapon. Frost, Soma, and Scindo Prime? People are going to be irate about those because they're giving players freebie equipment that can easily carry them through the whole game, start to finish, and straight into end game content no problem.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Frost, Soma, and Scindo Prime? People are going to be irate about those because they're giving players freebie equipment that can easily carry them through the whole game, start to finish, and straight into end game content no problem.

They've been available for free for as long as they've existed.  Frost Prime isn't that much better than Frost, which you also get early on.  It seems like a lot of people are more worried about their profits from selling parts but this is just one of the risks you take when you try to profit from Prime parts, along with the possibilty of unvaulting or a weapon losing it's meta status and thus value, such as the Scindo Prime no longer being as desired now that Galatine Prime out shines it.

I can't agree with this. While I can see the benefits for new or current players, but this could set a bad precedence.  

It basically saying, "why play the game when it at some point it might land on a Twitch Prime promotion for free". 

I'm glad that DE is trying something to market the game but I can't see this as healthy. 

I think it’s great that DE is doing another one of these. I’ve heard a lot of new players come into the game excited to get a shiny new frame, and I’m sure they’ll appreciate the free syandana once they realise the true endgame. No doubt DE saw the quantitative benefits from this kinda thing in their user data and decided to do another one. A little weird that it’s so close behind the Frost Prime Twitch offer, but I assume it’s to draw people in for PoE.

As far as veterans are concerned: this offer really isn’t about you. New players having things doesn’t actually affect you at all. Maybe indirectly as prices fall for these items, but that’s always a possibility when investing in virtual goods in an online marketplace controlled by an outside party. It’s the risk (one of the risks) you take when trading. And if you are concerned that this cheapens the effort you put in to obtain it, well... it’s really up to you to define what your time and effort are worth to you. And, if you’re ascribing a high value to the effort you spend in a video game, then I would non-judgementally suggest you maybe reevaluate.

Also, as a footnote, I didn’t see anything in the post that said it was another Twitch Prime offer. It might just be an offer for linking your accounts, like the PoE one.

• Like 1

I'm on the fence about this. I get that they're looking to break the ice with this Twitch partnership but at the same time the in-game economy is gonna take a hit because of this (it's already fickle on PS4). While it does provide others who missed out on the vaulted items it does feel like a step in the wrong direction. The better option would be cosmetics like exclusive skins, glyphs, armor sets, color packs and ship/dojo decorations.

Just because a new player has access to the items being promoted doesn't mean they know how to use them and they sure as Hek aren't gonna know how to mod right out the gate. They'll still have to work (in some capacity) to get up there. But it is one heck of a head start even compared to say one of the starter bundles.

10 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

A company selling stuff for money? What a shock! You can totally survive as a business on good wishes and happy thoughts right? 

Don't be ignorant, DE gets enough money town their way with in game micro transactions, this is just the corporate greed, wanting to squeeze more money out of the game.

13 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

How long have you had the Soma Prime? How long have you already used it wherein these new players did not? 

You have had your value, in the past. But in the eyes of a game developer, older assets depreciate over time. Soma Prime has gone down in value as far as their portfolio of in game assets is concerned. That makes it a sensible thing to offer as a promotion. 

It is not an insult to you as you already had your value for a long time, before these people got a chance at it. Also, remember it isn't really free. You have to sign up for Twitch Prime, and while you can cancel in time and not pay anything, they surely have some deal with Twitch and are going to get money based on however many people decide to last another month or two or forget to cancel. So really people are paying DE for Soma Prime, when you really think about it, even though some will not pay anything -- the group is paying overall. Nothing is truly free. 

So when you think about it that way, it is like a car. 

Do you expect the same model and year of car to be the same cost as it was years after you bought it? Would you have a right to call foul on the dealership if they had a model of your car (years later), sold for a much cheaper price, or almost free as some kind of credit/signup promotional deal? No. It's standard business practices, perfectly normal, perfectly acceptable. Because the value of items depreciate over time. 

Bruh! why are u comparing it with real life cars? Every component has a life span. when the life span ends, the components are no longer safe to use even if they are working. that's why they sell old cars for cheap, because they have less life span. Do u know what they do to the aircrafts that reached its life span? They just dump it, it doesn't matter how perfectly its working, they just dump it. they wont even use the parts for spares. This is a game we are talking about. The soma prime doesn't have a life span. it will be the same no matter how long it exists. unless DE nerfs it. and in warframes case, the older some vaulted weapon is the higher the price should get, because the no. of sets are decreasing day by day and its becoming rarer and rarer. the weapon is not gonna get rusty or jammed over time for its price to go down.

3 hours ago, UchihaMadaraIIX said:

Free Slots is Nice, but now As a Vet I don't feel as special for having these Vaulted weapons. Oh Well. Was hoping these Prime Promotions would be cool Twitch exclusive stuff besides the plains event. Hope the DE and Twitch partnership gives veterans something worth eventually.

You shouldn't feel special over that anyway, you do realize those weapons would be un-vaulted again eventually right? So no matter how you got them the first time around, they are going to be made available again. The only reason the in-game market thrives is because people want to skip the grind.

I just don't get the mentality of somehow being special for playing a game a long time ago. If anything it's a testament to the success of Warframe that there are still players around from that time.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)HowHaveYouBen said:

So if I do the free trial of Twitch Prime and get the Prime items, what happens if I cancel my Twitch Prime subscription after those 30 days? (i.e., will I still keep the items?)

You do keep them, although I do believe it's still buggy as all hell. I never received a mod pack with the Frost Prime one, and other people haven't gotten other things

34 minutes ago, jedifurby said:

Exactly why this is trash...Dudes like this get it handed to them for no work.

Free stuff is awesome! More that thx!

With the insane prices going on now, this makes me happy :)

yesterday I saw someone teying to sell Frost P for 300p.

I am all in for player driven market, but people trying to lure new players with plat makes me sad.

I did my fair share of trades on PS4, and think most of us kept it fair and square.