Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime Weapon Bundle!

[DE]Megan

This is absurd! This isn't fair to people who worked hard to grind and make these weapons and warframes, and now people can just get them for free by cheesing a Twitch Prime account with that one month free thing!? Even worse they are vaulted items, their value is basically nothing now on the market and I personally no longer feel special owning a Frost or a Soma Prime... Why can't they just use prime stuff that isn't vaulted for this twitch thing? 

23 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

shouldve used my free twitch prime thing later.... damn.

Just get Amazon Prime - Twitch Prime is part of that deal and you also get Prime streaming AND free 2 day shipping - for $80/year.  So if you order like 5 things off of Amazon in a year and use the free shipping, you've paid for Prime.

8 hours ago, Baadshah. said:

Bruh! why are u comparing it with real life cars? Every component has a life span. when the life span ends, the components are no longer safe to use even if they are working. that's why they sell old cars for cheap, because they have less life span. Do u know what they do to the aircrafts that reached its life span? They just dump it, it doesn't matter how perfectly its working, they just dump it. they wont even use the parts for spares. This is a game we are talking about. The soma prime doesn't have a life span. it will be the same no matter how long it exists. unless DE nerfs it. and in warframes case, the older some vaulted weapon is the higher the price should get, because the no. of sets are decreasing day by day and its becoming rarer and rarer. the weapon is not gonna get rusty or jammed over time for its price to go down.

Soma Prime will lose relative worth as the game changes around it, even if the weapon itself isn't specifically nerfed. New, better weapons will be added over time (like Galatine Prime overtaking the Scindo Prime), enemy composition may change in a way that favours other weapons, and the damage system itself might even change substantially with Damage 3.0 (somehow) that may leave Soma in the dust, as happened to Despair (from my recollection). The Soma Prime might not actually degrade over time, but its worth in the game will fade.

9 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Don't be ignorant, DE gets enough money town their way with in game micro transactions, this is just the corporate greed, wanting to squeeze more money out of the game.

DE's executives have a fiduciary responsibility (enforced by law) to increase profits. If DE employees turn down an opportunity to make money, they can be fired.

So uhh a person sees the promotion, installs the game and gets a Soma Prime. That means MR1s initially getting a top tier rifle and everyone generally using it at rank 6, around unlocking Pluto, mostly bringing disbalance and ruining the experience for themselves. Getting parts for two primes isn't long, and it's not the trouble of getting them that matters, but there are more balanced options for a promotion, like Dakra or Latron primes.

Besides, aren't promotions supposed to be exclusive and bring something new, like with the syandana in the initial promotion?

Edited by Ghost_Yo

Really guys? Come on. Brand new players won't have the mods, Endo or Forma needed to actually bring the pain with a Soma or Scindo Prime. More than likely, they'll be struggling to kill things while the squad steamrolls the map. Experience taught me that a good number of those newbies are likely to drop off once they hit the grind or the wait for stuff to build. (My buddy stopped once he started to craft his first weapon and saw the 12 hour build time.) If they can't handle that then they aren't getting to the high level planets any time soon.

We don't have Draco anymore so the massive level/MR boost isn't like it was (there's alternatives but not as fast as that was). Unless they get a mentor who gives them everything, they're gonna have to deal with a steep learning curve.

• Like 1

I'm really happy about this.
I'm really bored by the "but they did not earn this" whining.
I'm even more bored by the "but I already used my free Twitch Prime trial, I hate you" people.
I'm especially bored by the "oh no, now I cannot gouge other people for plat, anymore" crowd.

Warframe is a great game, but it is also an incredible, mind-numbingly repetitive grind with a lot of randomness involved. And I'm very happy that both the Frost Prime and this new offer now gives pretty much everyone who enjoys the game - but either doesn't have enough time to grind stuff or is taking no joy from the endless grind for specific items or finds himself at the mercy of unscrupulous "traders" or simply doesn't have any luck at all - through a service they are already paying for, to get a decent enough loadout that will allow them to at least participate and contribute in end-game activities by the time they go through the planets and quests to unlock them.

Now, before the inevitable comments like "every frame and weapon is end-game capable if the player is good enough - and I don't want to boast, but I did solo a Sortie Assassination (Bow Only) with a lvl 1 Mag and lvl 1 MK-Paris, using only grunts to tell my dog on the controller how to play, while escaping from a straight jacket, handcuffs, leg-irons and a welded-shut, acid-filled water tank in an adjacent room":

Not everyone is as good as you.
Not everyone has as much time to play this game as you.
Not everyone is as lucky or affluent or smart or handsome or pretty as you.

So why would you, someone so blessed by all the gods and envied by all your peers, begrudge the little people a little gift?

I am hoping for many more of these promotions.

Edited by (PS4)P4NCH0theD0G
  • Like 1

on a plus side yey free weapons slots 
on a down side well i have to be a bit salty about it.i remember working my &#! off for those 2 weapons in old void,cursing the rng with burning passion and now you are giving it for free.Look i understand that its to draw more ppl to play this game and all that jazz but does veteran mean nothing anymore.

1 hour ago, CalmAndHappy said:

on a plus side yey free weapons slots 
on a down side well i have to be a bit salty about it.i remember working my &#! off for those 2 weapons in old void,cursing the rng with burning passion and now you are giving it for free.Look i understand that its to draw more ppl to play this game and all that jazz but does veteran mean nothing anymore.

Truth be told, Scindo Prime's not THAT good... and Soma hasn't aged all that well

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MinogueMinion2 said:

i belive the frost prime bundle will end when this drops so get it when u can!

Not true, Frost Prime with syandana remain as seperate offer for now (prolly not forever because twitch claim end at october 31)

Truth be told, I'm generally OK with handing out vaulted prime weapons as the vast majority of the vaulted prime weapons AREN'T THAT GOOD.

So what if DE is handing out shinies that have more nostalgia value than actual value?

Edit:
To put this into perspective, here's the vaulted prime weapons:

Melee:
Ankyros Prime, Bo Prime, Dakra Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Glaive Prime, Reaper Prime, Scindo Prime

Primary:
Boar Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Vectis Prime

Secondary:
Hikou Prime, Latron Prime, Sicarus Prime, Vasto Prime

Most of these weapons aren't THAT good compared to what we have currently available.

Edited by Almagnus1