Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Revives More Valuable?

Spartan336

Anyone remember when there weren't 4 revives per mission, but 4 revives per day? I'm not saying we should go back to that. I mean, there's a reason DE changed it to 4 per mission, but I've been seeing a lot of complaints about people just flat out pressing X to revive themselves instantly when their teammates want to pick them up. 

I propose that, instead of removing the instant timer removal thing, we just make revives more valuable. That way people would think twice about instantly reviving, since the chance of them running out of revives would be higher. I don't know about you, but if the instant-revive mechanic existed back then, I wouldn't have ever pressed it with teammates around. 

I don't know how exactly we'd make them more valuable, as I'm not really a fan of the 4 revives a day thing, but I'm sure you guys can think of some ways.

(Inb4 We get a 4 revives a week limit. Lol.) 

Edited by Spartan336

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Not a bad idea. Though idk how that would work with 60min survival missions and things like that. 

*edit* Oh yeah if they die 4 times they allready out of revives for that mission any ways didn't think of that. So maybe increase it abit more to 2-3 hours so even if they do 1 hour survival they will be on cooldown for the next misison. But maybe that just to punishing as not all team mates  care to revive so  if you would end up downed in the next mission and the pug just runs you can't do anything. 

Edited by Emolition

I can't see why players using their revives instead of getting revived as a problem.

Maybe in the long missions where there is a chance that the revives run out, but 1) if you're doing long runs you're probably in a squad with more communication. 2) barely anyone really goes for long runs anymore. 

My question is, what's wrong with reviving instead of waiting?

hmmm I don't know how i feel either way about this thing but i gotta say.. It is interesting to be reminded just how dumb pub players can be as I run to revive a person because i know I can and they stubbornly mash x to get up faster burning a revive. then proceed to do this several times, then get themselves into something way over their head because obviously (they're the type to just run in and not think about anything) and die in a situation that is way too hot to handle a revive and they die and are out of revives cause they're a dumbass

32 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I can't see why players using their revives instead of getting revived as a problem.

Maybe in the long missions where there is a chance that the revives run out, but 1) if you're doing long runs you're probably in a squad with more communication. 2) barely anyone really goes for long runs anymore. 

My question is, what's wrong with reviving instead of waiting?

Nothing wrong maybe just abit annyoing for me as I play vazarin that got instant revives. So I start running backwards to revive the person just to allmost be there when they push X. If they was gonna do that atleast do it instatly so I don't back to waste time back tracking.

1 minute ago, Emolition said:

Nothing wrong maybe just abit annyoing for me as I play vazarin that got instant revives. So I start running backwards to revive the person just to allmost be there when they push X. If they was gonna do that atleast do it instatly so I don't back to waste time back tracking.

Ok then, how about instead of completely reviving, if you get up on your own you revive at 25% health with 2%hp regen/s for 30s.

1 hour ago, Spartan336 said:

Anyone remember when there weren't 4 revives per mission, but 4 revives per day? I'm not saying we should go back to that. I mean, there's a reason DE changed it to 4 per mission, but I've been seeing a lot of complaints about people just flat out pressing X to revive themselves instantly when their teammates want to pick them up. 

I propose that, instead of removing the instant timer removal thing, we just make revives more valuable. That way people would think twice about instantly reviving, since the chance of them running out of revives would be higher. I don't know about you, but if the instant-revive mechanic existed back then, I wouldn't have ever pressed it with teammates around. 

I don't know how exactly we'd make them more valuable, as I'm not really a fan of the 4 revives a day thing, but I'm sure you guys can think of some ways.

(Inb4 We get a 4 revives a week limit. Lol.) 

I don't really see this as a big issue tbh.

Yes, it's going to train players to not bother reviving as much or risking themselves to revive others as much... But I don't see that as a bad thing long term.

Penalizing people for choosing to use the ability sounds like a needlessly reductive course of action.

DE could, instead, give a short random buff to teams when a revive has been completed and it would have the same effect without penalizing people.

There are more ways to encourage a behavior besides nerfing it.

I dont see or have a problem with it as is, some ppl still revive me if i go down, some dont, nothing there has changed, so some random in some random run used his/her insta revive so what? i've used insta revive a coupla times now cause i aint used to it an tbh i think im reloading (which i have a bad habit of constantly doing even if clip 3 quarter full), it wont stop me trying to get back to them to revive if they go down an if i die trying an they just insta revive? so be it, it just a game.

If it annoys you so much there the solo option or clan/friend only but at end of day if ppl want to insta revive themselves then so be it who am i or any u lot to judge anyone using a legit game feature

idk, communicate and tell people you have something that makes reviving easier for you and if they still do it hen it cant be helped?  

idk I play solo so i don't want to have some penalization because you want to use your revives to get some points or whatnot.. (and if people die in bad situations without evive thats well. bad luck, bad play?  I don't see why  solo users should be negatively impacted by it? 

8 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

or just get rid of the press x to revive so they are stuck waiting the 15 seconds before they can revive...like we HAD not a few weeks ago.

When you are downed and noone is gonna revive you, then why should you be forced to wait?

Also Everyone can decide for themself if they want to burn a revive and waste 10% of their affinity to get up immediatley or if they want to wait to get revived

This is not a problem at all. 

If you are on pub, people either coordinate or don't, there shouldn't be a reductionist hand-holding here.

If you want better team coordination, this can't be forced.

Join a clan. Or switch to a larger one, which you like and people play like you, you will get a much better experience and coordination. 

9 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

How about having the Press X thing remove all of your Bonus Affinity up to that point? (Not the normal affinity, but the mission completion affinity bonus that's shown in green.)

9 hours ago, nickelshark said:

Maybe an insta-revive could consume 2 revives instead of just one.

So basically:
He lets punish new players (You know the people most likely to go down and use their revives and automatically revive themselves because I've ran into some that honestly didn't know you could be revived by other players) with something very heavy handed and have absolutely zero effect on vets!

Seriously, I rarely go down even in sortie missions and I'm far from the only one.  New players, who need their revives and honestly don't know better, would be heavily impacted like this which isn't a good thing.

9 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

or just get rid of the press x to revive so they are stuck waiting the 15 seconds before they can revive...like we HAD not a few weeks ago.

Sorry but no.
In the past I've had a few situations where I was essentially held hostage by an Oberon.
I would go down but due to renewal I would have over a minute of bleedout.  He refused to revive me because "The enemies are ignoring you, just kill them and I'll revive you when the timer gets low".  This would lead to a more than a minute of twiddling my thumbs with absolutely nothing I could do about it than sit there.

I personally still prefer the 4 revive / day for each Warframe.Dying doesn't feel punishing enough at this state, instant revive or not. I do agree that people abuse the instant revive way too much now...

Maybe do something similar to this :

If player Hold-X-Revive, Revive the player at 25% they maximum hp and grant a regen that recover the remaining 75% over a timelapse of 30 sec? (that stop if they hp are full)

Why wait to get a revive on Point A to Point B map.  If you can't survive those map, I guess you deserve to die.  I don't even revive people anymore on those maps. Since the penalty is so low.  Like 10% acquired Affinity.

But I am a Favor of, if you die, you'll lose all your experience points on instant revive and maybe 50% on team mate revive.  I'd say if DE want to update a revive system that is probably better, if you want to keep your experience points, you should pay a plat penalty, with your traditional team mate or instant revive.  And if you want to revive more than 4 times, well pay in plat also.  Since it is a F2P anyway, just keeping it interesting.

A nice idea can be this: if you choice to 8nsta revive then you lose one random mod installed on your warframe. Let me be clear with this... It means that it could be like your warframe is damaged and can't use anymore a random mod of the set installed but only in that mission. It would be more challenging and people will care more their way to play cause if you go away miles from the team you know that you risk to lose the use of your build as you designed it. What you think about this idea?