Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is dat boi chroma wort it?

KingTeensie

Question

22 answers to this question

If you like incredible defensive and offensive buffs, yes. He's a frame that is centered around his weapons, by heavily buffing his defense and heavily buffing his damage output. But he lacks interactivity being mostly a fire it and forget it for 40-60 seconds type of frame. 

Yes, Chroma is worth the stuff you needed to sacrifice to RNGESUS for the Saryn, Frost, and Ember Parts. Coincidentally, none of them dropped while I was farming for Chroma until they just happen to show up randomly a month later. Do you want to feel like a badass dragon? Well if you do, Chroma is for you.

You can make the same topic about any of the other 32 Warframes, and 9 out of 10 answers would still be yes. Only people that respond to these are the people that play and like the Warframe in question, so if you're looking for unbiased feedback, go look up constructive reviews on Youtube and such. They should be much more accurate.

Chroma looks cool,can be hard as nails,and can put out brutal damage with his buffs up.

is he worth it from a "is chroma a capable frame?" stance? 

Yes,he's very capable.

is he worth it from a "fun" perspective?

sadly,in my opinion,no.

which sucks because i love his look,theme,and energy color gimmick.

unfortunately,he's just boring as S#&$ to play.

his (useful)powers are just uninteresting and simple.

his 1,while neat and fun,is virtually useless outside of having funzies....or maybe applying some single element status or whatever.

his 2&3 will be pushed once a minute or so and forgotten otherwise.

his 4 is neat,can be fun,and does have some small knockdown utility....but honestly you'll only ever really use it in situations where the enemies pose no real threat and you have tons of energy to spare(because you need all your energy for your 2&3).

Do you like melee and gunplay and don't care too much about making extensive, frequent, and direct use of your powers? Then yes, Chroma's amazing and well worth the investment. You get tremendous survivability and damage output in a relatively straight-forward package.

Do you prefer to cast and recast abilities, often using them from moment to moment to supplement your combat capabilities frequently and directly? Then no, Chroma's probably not gonna be your cup of tea.

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

You can make the same topic about any of the other 32 Warframes, and 9 out of 10 answers would still be yes. Only people that respond to these are the people that play and like the Warframe in question, so if you're looking for unbiased feedback, go look up constructive reviews on Youtube and such. They should be much more accurate.

Zephyr wort it? Lol

7 hours ago, Tridernite1 said:

Zephyr wort it? Lol

Bad example, lol. Some people might imply she's not that good, and seeing all the "rework pls" topics would probably fool you, but she's quite fun and viable.

Her 1 is a good air-dash as long as you use enough duration, her 2 is useless without lots of range and is basically just a ground slam, her 3 is godmode against any projectile weapons while being more inconsistent with hitscan and useless against melee, and her 4 can be a good crowd control even though it's pretty random.

But hey, like I already said, these are just my biased opinions. Zephyr was the 4th Warframe I got, and I enjoyed her for a looong time, especially when that Jetstream augment came out.

24 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Bad example, lol. Some people might imply she's not that good, and seeing all the "rework pls" topics would probably fool you, but she's quite fun and viable.

Her 1 is a good air-dash as long as you use enough duration, her 2 is useless without lots of range and is basically just a ground slam, her 3 is godmode against any projectile weapons while being more inconsistent with hitscan and useless against melee, and her 4 can be a good crowd control even though it's pretty random.

But hey, like I already said, these are just my biased opinions. Zephyr was the 4th Warframe I got, and I enjoyed her for a looong time, especially when that Jetstream augment came out.

I don't play her as much as I should but about the only power I want changed is her #4, it's so random it makes Hydroids old tenticals look organized.

But with PoE her #2 is going to end up being a nuke as it scales with height and unlike most tiles it has a huge ceiling as we have Archwings.

4 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Totally agree, but I still want people to try her 2 with max range, augment and Heavy Impact :clem:
Pretty sure Ember cheesers will love that