Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't make ''prime'' grineer and corpus weapons?

UndPanzer

i was thinking why don't DE make special grades for Grineer,corpus and infested weapons like the prime for the tenno weapons? like ''queen Grakata'', ''profit Dera'' or ''Ancient Synapse'', it would expand a brand new world of possibilities for leveling up in the game 

I think that would be a nice little expansion to the Arsenal, since Vandals and Wraiths do have Tenno weapons within their bunch (Lato, Braton, Latron, Strun, Imperator), and most of the variant weapons already have Prime counterparts (including in Dex and Prisma). Plus it would be a nicer answer to the many players still asking for a "Grakata Prime".
Another nice thing that it could bring is a much better upgrade to a lot of weapons that still get treated as fodder.
Only one could dream.

5 minutes ago, McDuffMan said:

DE has gone on record saying that everything is on the table for priming.

(also PSA tag is for forum mods only, please dont use it.)

Everything that is Tenno/Orokin is on the table for priming, not everything.

Edited by (XB1)Kliuqard

Just now, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

Helios got primed, so who knows. Although I do agree it's unlikely.

I think the reasoning some players tried using for Helios Prime was that Sentinels already existed during the time of the Orokin and the Corpus just tried re-engineering the Helios Prime, thus giving us the Helios we have from our Energy Labs.

I'm still in the boat with players saying "But that's a Corpus thing that got Primed", though lore wise I guess it makes sense? It honestly just makes me hope Diriga gets Primed some time down the line, though I can only imagine how the community will react to that, even though it'd be fair at this point since the Corpus Sentinel got a Prime version.

Lore wise there is somewat room for this. But they would be vastly different to what they have now.

Prime weapons are the weapons used by warfames during the time of the orokin and were designed by the orokin.

So such weapons for corpus and grineer would mean they would have to be made in such a way that would be canon with how those two factions were under the rule of the orokin as they were at the time.

All frames can/will be Primed. All Tenno weapons could be Primed. 

16 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

Helios got primed, so who knows. Although I do agree it's unlikely.

Helios is not Corpus. Therefore there is no issue with it, or any Sentinel, being Primed.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

grineer an corpus both have reversed engineered the prime weapons to make there own weapons.

like one person said they have wraith an vandal weapon types
wraith being grineer
vandal being corpus

wraith and vandal have no lore and have tenno versions, i'm talking about grineer or corpus only upgrades 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

no point trying to make you see the error in your own logic as vandal an wraith are updrades for those factions an alot of weapons dont have there own lore

prime weapons in general have lore, they are weapons from the orokin era, that is their lore, wraith and vandal don't have that and have tenno variants too 

1 minute ago, sauriuspod said:

prime weapons in general have lore, they are weapons from the orokin era, that is their lore, wraith and vandal don't have that and have tenno variants too 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Latron_Wraith
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Latron_Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Braton_Vandal
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Braton_Prime

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89

you just proved my point, latron is a tenno weapon but has a wraith variant, which don't make it a grinner exclusive type of weapon

-,- those two are currently that only that have prime versions of each other being of orokin make, every other vandal or wraith has not had a orokin make of it.
was trying to point that out but you didn't connect the dots before i could fix the post as i pressed wrong button when trying to not have it skip 2 lines when you press enter

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

-,- those two are currently that only that have prime versions of each other being of orokin make, every other vandal or wraith has not had a orokin make of it.
was trying to point that out but you didn't connect the dots before i could fix the post as i pressed wrong button when trying to not have it skip 2 lines when you press enter

there's also Lato and imperator vandal, and that still don't make it a grineer or corpus exclusive type of weapon, i'm talking about what other people said above, a type of weapon from the time where grineer and corpus were under orokin control or an special selection of weapons for the queens or for the corpus richest ranks

Edited by sauriuspod

there's also Lato and imperator vandal, and that still don't make it a grineer or corpus exclusive type of weapon, i'm talking about what other people said above, a type of weapon from the time where grineer and corpus were under orokin control or an special selection of weapons for the queens or for the corpus elite 

the twin queens are of orokin descent.... 

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

All frames can/will be Primed. All Tenno weapons could be Primed. 

Helios is not Corpus. Therefore there is no issue with it, or any Sentinel, being Primed.

Dont try to tell me that the diriga is obviously not grineer.

latest?cb=20150929180702

Helios was a corpus sentinel what later was said to be a "lesser sentient" so its fine to prime it.

@sauriuspod

I agree the factions need their unique variants of weapons.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

3 hours ago, sauriuspod said:

Some prime weps have detailed lore...like the scindo p used to be used as an executioner axe....that’s just from the top of my head 

If DE is willing to make the proper lore connections, any weapon or sentinel can be primed. Prime items are prototypes. Non-prime weapons are mass-produced. The Grineer and Corpus are each closely related to the Orokin, and therefore have technology based off of the original Orokin tech. All DE has to do is figure out where the Grineer or Corpus took the original concept from the Orokin, design the look of it, and add a small lore snippet to explain a little bit of the lore behind the transition from the prime to the factory. However, in this transition they will likely lose their Grineer or Corpus look entirely. The Orokin were known for long, smooth lines and narrow points. Grineer weapons would lose their bulbous forms and crude designs. Corpus weapons would lose their boxy shapes and hard edges.

For an idea on how this would affect the design, take a look at the differences between the Grinlok and the Sybaris Prime. While they do not serve as an example of a non-tenno weapon or sentinel being turned into a Prime, the differences between those two rifles showcase how different the factions designs are, and give an idea as to what would change in that transition.