Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't make ''prime'' grineer and corpus weapons?

UndPanzer

9 hours ago, beckettb said:

there are special versions of corpus and grineer weapons. Wraith and Vandal

Not entirely.

Grineer and corpus have developed their own weapons after the fall of the Orokin Empire. These will have no prime variants. The weapons of the Empire were the prime weapons. Tenno weapons were produced by the tenno and have prime variants; they seem to be simplified versions of the Imperial weapons.

Wraith weapons seem to be Red Veil variants. Though mostly grineer, they aren't entirely grineer. The Latron and Strun are tenno weapons with wraith variants--that also have prime variants because they were weapons of the Empire.

Vandal weapons seem to be weapons commissioned by the Lotus. Though mostly corpus in origin, there are tenno versions: the Imperator Vandal, Lato Vandal, and Braton Vandal--and two of these also have prime variants, since they were used by the Empire.

This stuff is all a little murky, but there are certainly RL examples of just this sort of thing. Copying weapons is old hat among manufacturers of the same.

22 hours ago, peterc3 said:

All frames can/will be Primed. All Tenno weapons could be Primed. 

Helios is not Corpus. Therefore there is no issue with it, or any Sentinel, being Primed.

Read Lockjaw & Sols codex entry.

It states: The Loan Reclamation Division worked closely with Alad V on several ventures during his tenure on the Corpus Board of Directors. Despite his involuntary retirement, it is speculated that Xol Brothers still undertake assignments on his behalf. These robots, based on Alad V's own patented designs were delivered as payment for services rendered and only serve to strengthen such suspicions.

This right here clearly states that Alad V designed both of them, and one of them is Helios Sentinel. Argue it all you want, its written right there in the lore.

Edited by Abbandoneer

On 9/30/2017 at 11:08 PM, sauriuspod said:

i was thinking why don't DE make special grades for Grineer,corpus and infested weapons like the prime for the tenno weapons? like ''queen Grakata'', ''profit Dera'' or ''Ancient Synapse'', it would expand a brand new world of possibilities for leveling up in the game 

Lore reasons. 

All Tenno weapons are copies or attempted improvements on their Prime counterparts. The Grineer and Corpus had no such weapons, and so had to create their own. The Grineer had already primitive designs, and the Corpus simply preferred plasma, I guess. 

ya. i once did a post on how to do a lore friendly "prime equivalent" as usuall it stuttered and died again T.T
shameless plug to a dead and locked thread as emphasis on my idea that I will now share here.

Edited by Ordosan

22 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Dont try to tell me that the diriga is obviously not grineer.

latest?cb=20150929180702

Helios was a corpus sentinel what later was said to be a "lesser sentient" so its fine to prime it.

@sauriuspod

I agree the factions need their unique variants of weapons.

ya its base is orokin. destroyed and reporpused/jurry rigged by the grineer. same as how helios is orokin but the bp was found and replicated by corpus (and simaris)
the idea and orgin of sentinals themselfs are orokin. via lore powers.

1 hour ago, Ordosan said:

ya its base is orokin. destroyed and reporpused/jurry rigged by the grineer. same as how helios is orokin but the bp was found and replicated by corpus (and simaris)
the idea and orgin of sentinals themselfs are orokin. via lore powers.

Going with that logic every weapon has orokin origin expect the Lenz.

The corpus are orokins and the grineer are controlled by orokins.

"Real Prime" weapons are reproductions of actual Orokin weapons, whereas the Tenno weapons are weaker, rehashed version based in those original designs.

There are the improved Wraith and Vandal series for Grineer and Corpus weapons. 

AND There is an easily overlooked tidbit or lore...

There is a little detail in the lore that makes room for the creation of Prime versions of weapons which were not created in the Orokin Era. 

SEER PISTOL.

Vor was experimenting with integrating the Orokin tech with modern-day Grineer technology, and the Seer Pistol is a mere prototype (ergo its low specs), but it is a first successful experiment. 

I for one have asked for quests and events which expand on this piece of lore, to open the door to prime more weapons. 

8 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Going with that logic every weapon has orokin origin expect the Lenz.

The corpus are orokins and the grineer are controlled by orokins.

yes but the designs for corpus weapons were made either in the corpus faction or post-orokin empire.
and grineer were a cloned work force. do you REALLY thing the orokin would make grineer weapons? those were made during/after the fall of the orokin. thus not orokin orgins.

sentinals WERE created by the orokin with tecnology from the orokin. Grineer cant create a VI companion. its just the heart of an orokin sentinal attached to a gasback to let it float again.

and just cuz the race somehow originated from the orokin in one way or another does not make all there tech (specially after the orokin died off) orokin tech.

I dont know how "its a destroyed orokin sentinal jurry rigged by grineer" = EVERYTHING is orokin cuz they were slaves.

Edited by Ordosan

Just now, Ordosan said:

yes but the designs for corpus weapons were made either in the corpus faction or post-orokin empire.
and grineer were a cloned work force. do you REALLY thing the orokin would make grineer weapons? those were made during/after the fall of the orokin. thus not orokin orgins.

sentinals WERE created by the orokin with tecnology from the orokin. Grineer cant create a VI companion. its just the heart of an orokin sentinal attached to a gasback to let it float again.

and just cuz the race somehow originated from the orokin in one way or another does not make all there tech (specially after the orokin died off) orokin tech.

The grineer might be a cloned workforce but they are controlled by orokins and the corpus might be post orokin but they are still orokin. If we go with the logic that not everything what originates from the orokin in one way or another can be count as orokin tech, that excludes lots of Tenno weaponary from being primeable.

For example the plasma sword and the gram are supposedly tenno gear, but they not even look close to tenno weapons.

The Panthera is a tenno weapon too made from the Miter what means it was created after the creation of the grineer weapon.

I like your idea OP.

The Corpus equivalent could be called Executive, Designer, or Hand Crafted and could be very high end versions of regular Corpus weapons  that wealthy Corpus commission to flaunt their wealth and power. Perhaps they could be acquired as reward for participating in  missions to take their former owners down a notch?

The Grineer equivalent could be called Ceremonial, Favored, or Queen's and could be used to mark Grineer that are favored by the Twin Queens. They could be acquired by assassinating those high level Grineer to sow discord among the Grineer ranks.

The Infested equivalent could be called Evolved and could be weapons that have enhanced using the most powerful strains of the infestation. They could be acquired by hunting down powerful infested and using their remains to craft the weapons.

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

DE can retcon and BS any item in the game if they feel like it.

Does not take much in the way of mental gymnastics to say that old 'whatever' weapon was based on some ancient orokin desk stapler. And here it is.

Twin Gremlin Prime: These ancient nail guns were some of the first weapons to be picked up the the Grenier in their revolt.  Simple to manufacture, the Twin Gremlin have not changed much over the years.

Sheev Prime: Originally used by the Grenier in the maintenance of flesh technology, the Sheev Prime could cut away and cauterize decaying flesh so it could later regrow.  Many Orokin lost their lives to these weapons and it has remained part of the Grenier arsenal ever since.

There...enjoy.

Edited by SyberSmoke

38 minutes ago, SyberSmoke said:

Twin Gremlin Prime: These ancient nail guns were some of the first weapons to be picked up the the Grenier in their revolt.  Simple to manufacture, the Twin Gremlin have not changed much over the years.

Sheev Prime: Originally used by the Grenier in the maintenance of flesh technology, the Sheev Prime could cut away and cauterize decaying flesh so it could later regrow.  Many Orokin lost their lives to these weapons and it has remained part of the Grenier arsenal ever since.

There...enjoy.

Perfectly serviceable, even if boring.

I'd rather have an involved quest with the defunct Captain Vor research to be dug out by someone - anyone - and have it be developed and become more mainstream. 

On 10/1/2017 at 8:50 AM, Sloan441 said:

Not entirely.

Grineer and corpus have developed their own weapons after the fall of the Orokin Empire. These will have no prime variants. The weapons of the Empire were the prime weapons. Tenno weapons were produced by the tenno and have prime variants; they seem to be simplified versions of the Imperial weapons.

Wraith weapons seem to be Red Veil variants. Though mostly grineer, they aren't entirely grineer. The Latron and Strun are tenno weapons with wraith variants--that also have prime variants because they were weapons of the Empire.

Vandal weapons seem to be weapons commissioned by the Lotus. Though mostly corpus in origin, there are tenno versions: the Imperator Vandal, Lato Vandal, and Braton Vandal--and two of these also have prime variants, since they were used by the Empire.

This stuff is all a little murky, but there are certainly RL examples of just this sort of thing. Copying weapons is old hat among manufacturers of the same.

You literally have zero knowledge of this. Wraiths and Vandals are essentially the same thing as Primes. Vandals have zero association with The Lotus and Wraiths have zero association with Red Veil. There are these things called Raktas. Vandals are straight from the Corpus. Wraiths are straight from the Grineer. The Tenno versions of Vandals are the ones without Vandal in them. BTW, I don't know why the Lato or Braton Vandals exist. They don't really line up with the lore...

3 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Perfectly serviceable, even if boring.

I'd rather have an involved quest with the defunct Captain Vor research to be dug out by someone - anyone - and have it be developed and become more mainstream. 

Not everything can be exciting.  And some times for lore it is better to have some banality as it adds to the overall flavor.  To much over the top and all you have is a Michael Bay movie...all explosions and no character.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Vandals are not from Tenno. Where did you get that idea from?

Previously they were not. Now they are.

Lato and Braton old art used to state that they were made from a Corpus forge.
And the Lotus created the Vandal variants. So Vandal weapons were initially thought to be Lotus modified Corpus weapons.

However that has changed, because Lato and Braton are redesigned and have Tenno markings instead.
So lore has being retcon again.

Also now vandal and wraiths are available as rewards from Invasions, meaning the first batch of wraith / vandals were indeed prototypes.
Now they are entering mass production status since the Grineer / Corpus can afford to give em out as rewards.

11 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The grineer might be a cloned workforce but they are controlled by orokins and the corpus might be post orokin but they are still orokin. If we go with the logic that not everything what originates from the orokin in one way or another can be count as orokin tech, that excludes lots of Tenno weaponary from being primeable.

For example the plasma sword and the gram are supposedly tenno gear, but they not even look close to tenno weapons.

The Panthera is a tenno weapon too made from the Miter what means it was created after the creation of the grineer weapon.

then cheverlet and ford are UK cars then at this point.

Tenno took orokin weaponry and downgraded it to be cheaper and easier to make (since we lacked (?) the orokin crafting styles.
Grineer basically shoved a S#&$ tonne of metal and spot welded things to make it go bang bang (I can see them getting a refirbished variant were they tunned up there quick made weapons)
and corpus dont use the orokin craft/building style of the high lords and instead build there things more press and print style for quick reporduction (could see them getting a beta variant of weapons. weapons that were more powerful but the cost of building was too high to mass produce)

with some few exception most things in faction are made from there faction not the orokin (with the opposite being true for tenno. as you said. things like plasma sword/gram might be tenno gear not originated from orokin. same with the panthera which is the tenno recreating and modifing the idea of shooting sawblades.

2 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Previously they were not. Now they are.

Lato and Braton old art used to state that they were made from a Corpus forge.
And the Lotus created the Vandal variants. So Vandal weapons were initially thought to be Lotus modified Corpus weapons.

However that has changed, because Lato and Braton are redesigned and have Tenno markings instead.
So lore has being retcon again.

Also now vandal and wraiths are available as rewards from Invasions, meaning the first batch of wraith / vandals were indeed prototypes.
Now they are entering mass production status since the Grineer / Corpus can afford to give em out as rewards.

ya. Vandal weapons are supposed to be lotus upgraded weapons. (hence all the lotus patterns and such. I have my theories on why its mostly corpus.)
Wraith weapons are supposed to be Redviel modified weapons.(using there connection with there allies Steel meridian. They obtain access to alot of grineer weapons. hence most of them being grineer orgins)

as is the more or less current lore.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

You literally have zero knowledge of this. Wraiths and Vandals are essentially the same thing as Primes. Vandals have zero association with The Lotus and Wraiths have zero association with Red Veil. There are these things called Raktas. Vandals are straight from the Corpus. Wraiths are straight from the Grineer. The Tenno versions of Vandals are the ones without Vandal in them. BTW, I don't know why the Lato or Braton Vandals exist. They don't really line up with the lore...

all the vandal weapons have lotus patterns on them
wraith weapons use the same design as redviels rakta weapons...also the origonal rakta syndana has the same pattern as the wraith weapons. Its kinda been hinted wraith weapons are redviel (and they are even allied with a grineer faction for ease of access)

I'm always surprised noone sees the fact we already have an orokin era corpus gun and by that a name and visual design that can be built upon for at least "primed" corpus weapons.

Yea, I'm talking about the Mara Detron. I know it's not the best but it is pretty much an orokin era primed corpus gun. Mara being the "primed" prefix.

Right?

Braton turned out to be a Corpus imitation of Orokin original (Prime) so I guess DE could retcon non-Tenno weapons that way. I wouldn't be surprised if some weapons like Buzlok or Ferrox were developed from Orokin designs that Corpus and Grineer had scavenged on their own, or some Infested weapons turn out to be corrupted versions of old Orokin gears.

Buuuuut the game also seems to be much clearer on faction weapons than earlier days so I admit some of that's my wishful thinking.