Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

I just have a few concerns with the arrival of the plains of eidolon

One. Release date. Will it come out before or after the contest ends, and how big will the update be? Obviously into the gigabytes, id say between maybe 5-10?

Two. Glass frame. From the gameplay already shown, she doesn’t really seem all that viable when playing in a squad. I mean if you are using this new glass frame, how do you expect to kill anything with your abilities if you have an ember or equinox?

Three. Eidolons. They look really big, and from what has been shown so far, you HAVE to use your combat tenno to even open it up for the opportunity of using your weapons to even hurt it. And what sort of loot/rewards will you receiver for killing one? Going back to the glass frame problems, will it involve you having to uncover secrets about Cetus and the plains, slowly uncovering your tenno’s potential and becoming a warrior, and finally being forced to take on an eidolon? This brings me to my fourth worry

Four. Another operator based quest? From my personal experience, and the complaint6s and reviews made by others, the War Within and Chains of Harrow had quite a lot of tenno based gameplay, one instance even leading to a change in how the current combat works (void dashing through enemies now rewards the player with a large energy refund, as complained about in the first few hours/days of the chains of harrow quest arriving)

Huzzah! As a tech guy I understand the pain of getting something out that the customer wants even though it sits at the bleeding edge. Every time I see it delayed I appreciate more that you aren't willing to dump a flawed product on us. The hype is significant but take your time. GL on the late nights!

Thank ye kindly!

5 hours ago, toafarmer said:

force plat purchases

Its not forcing plat purchases, its giving people who usually choose to buy the frame the chance to do so. The only reason the quest is being delayed is because the VA for one of the quest NPC's is not available at the moment. Do not conflate player choice with actual forced transactions, additionally plat is a resource you can gain in-game via trading, it may not net huge chunks at a time, but it is entirely possible to not spend a single dime on this game and get everything in it other than Tennogen, and even then consoles get Tennogen for plat.

It is extremely childish to assume they are doing this as some conspiracy to make people spend money.

4 hours ago, NekoWaffle said:

Ivar

Ivar is a Nordic name for 'archer' or 'bow warrior'.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

Guest ArtoriasDS1

Super excited for this,even though I am a ps4 player and I will have to wait more :( A couple of questions:

1. Will be able to run on water in PoE?

2.What is the aproximate time it takes to finish EVERYTHING (all quests,build all weapons etc) in PoE.

3. Can we expect PoE to launch on consoles by the end of October?

4. Will we be able to trade in Cetus like in a dojo or Maroo's Bazaar?

5. This is not entirely PoE related,but: is there a forum post in which players can submit ideas for quality of life changes? Considering that PoE will not come on console for a while,a minor hotfix will do LOTS for the console comunity. A thing that I have seen to be really annoying is the fact that I have to press R1 on PS4 hundreds of times when I want to disolve/sell mods (Especially when you have 600 redirections) or want to trade a certain amount of plat. Yes,I know we can just Hold the button and it will be faster,but can't we just have an extra button that makes it possible for us to typw the amount we want to sell or trade? Theres also lots of bugs that haven't been fixed for a long time...A hotfix fixing and tweaking some of these problems will go ways with the console comunities.

As always,great job on the game! 

Welp, reading ten pages of soon memes, people complaining about the name of the new frame and conspiracy theorists claiming the delay for glass frame is a scheme to extract more plat was... Depressing. Thanks for the release window, can't wait for the plains, who cares about a frame name and I'll enjoy getting her parts in the new plains as I wait for her cinematic quest like a regular, non entitled individual grateful for your sweat and tears over the last few months.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

2 hours ago, NekoWaffle said:

ガラ is katakana for... Gara? Lets assume it's short for something and, since we already know it's Japanese, we come to ガラス, which is an english loanword.
This loanword of course means glass, which is the frame's concept.

So we've taken a single step to call our fancy new warframe "Glass", though we had to make an assumption that it was short for something in a similar fashion as Mag or Valkyr

Fixed it for you

Before you reply, let me clarify: no, I literally CANNOT see your viewpoint as correct. Mag is short for the English word Magnetic, and she deals Magnetic damage. Valkyr is short for the old Norse word Valkyrie, and she is a berserk valkyrie. Ivara is a deliberate misspelling of the old Norse/Germanic word "Ivarr" which means "bow of the warrior". Ember uses embers. Volt uses voltage. DE does this all the time with many languages; this time it's just in Japanese instead of something caucasian

Edited by TARINunit9

So Garasu means glass in Japanese. And Gara means design or pattern. It makes sense. As glass and also stained glass, Gara would be able to have a lot of patterns and design since fashionframe is a thing. Now Gara also means hilt, handle, grip, and shank. Maybe they’ll name a component for the new glass hammer Gara as well? Shank is an oddball though.

4 minutes ago, Guest ArtoriasDS1 said:

Super excited for this,even though I am a ps4 player and I will have to wait more :( A couple of questions:

1. Will be able to run on water in PoE?

2.What is the aproximate time it takes to finish EVERYTHING (all quests,build all weapons etc) in PoE.

3. Can we expect PoE to launch on consoles by the end of October?

4. Will we be able to trade in Cetus like in a dojo or Maroo's Bazaar?

5. This is not entirely PoE related,but: is there a forum post in which players can submit ideas for quality of life changes? Considering that PoE will not come on console for a while,a minor hotfix will do LOTS for the console comunity. A thing that I have seen to be really annoying is the fact that I have to press R1 on PS4 hundreds of times when I want to disolve/sell mods (Especially when you have 600 redirections) or want to trade a certain amount of plat. Yes,I know we can just Hold the button and it will be faster,but can't we just have an extra button that makes it possible for us to typw the amount we want to sell or trade? Theres also lots of bugs that haven't been fixed for a long time...A hotfix fixing and tweaking some of these problems will go ways with the console comunities.

As always,great job on the game! 

Press square... It selects a full stack of mods.

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Fixed it for you

Well you sure showed me with your hot opinions friend.

27 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Ivar is a Nordic name for 'archer' or 'bow warrior'.

Okay, sustained. I'm 5 for 6 then on "names that don't make any sense when you cut them to bits".

Edited by NekoWaffle
Formatting error

1 minute ago, NekoWaffle said:

Well you sure showed me with your hot opinions friend.

Okay, sustained. I'm 5 for 6 then on "names that don't make any sense when you cut them to bits".

I was busy editing, check it again if you would be so kind

Edited by TARINunit9