The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, toafarmer said:

I'm impressed that people are more concerned about the crappy name than the change in the marketing system of new frames. Wondering if lockboxes is next.

We can't confirm this is an intentional slight; it is very possible they just don't have the work done. There's a saying that once is an exception, twice are outliers, but three times is a trend.

I'm not ruling it out, but I'm not going to get into a tiff about it unless it happens a third time.

Just now, TheBulldog said:

Well, they said it's because VA couldn't make it. What, you prefer whole update get delayed another week?

I would. If it is not ready, don't launch, but PC players seem to be nothing more than beta testers for console version anyways.

8 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

I would. If it is not ready, don't launch, but PC players seem to be nothing more than beta testers for console version anyways.

so you want the plain delayed for a week because a quest isnt done? please no, id rather the quest get delayed for a month and we get the plains in a working state than have to wait till the quest is done even tho the plains are done and just sitting there waiting for the quest

that said, Gara sounds more masculine than feminine to me, just cus it ends in an a doesnt make it feminine

Edited by NightBlitz

11 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

that said, Gara sounds more masculine than feminine to me, just cus it ends in an a doesnt make it feminine

It's pronounced Gaira according to Rebecca, just not spelled that way for some reason.

Also maybe that's why there's the codpiece...

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

While the Plains of Eidolon comes with its own map:

DKVUm1TWkAAaYbx.jpg:large

A roadmap appears to guide your continued journey to the Plains! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

This roadmap serves gives information on the following:

• The Quest for Gara!
  • Expected Launch Window!

The Quest for Gara - Glassframe has a name and it's Gara - inspired by the Design Council submission of 'Garasu'. Since Mirage's release we've strongly favoured releasing a Warframe's free path with quests. Gara's release will be no different.

However the quest for Gara is likely going to be delayed by a week, due to a scheduling conflict with one of our key Ostron actors… however, because Gara is ready, she will be in the Market for those able to support us. If you cannot, that’s fine too - we’ll be adding Gara’s parts to the Cetus reward tables to give you a head start for when her quest does release.  We will follow with Gara's story as soon as it's ready if it doesn't make the release! 

Expected Launch Window - this is the part of the roadmap that people may pull over at and put on their hazard lights. The goal is to launch within the next 10 days - when the official Hub site launches there will be more information there.

Are we there yet? Almost!

Thank you everyone for your great patience as we put this all together,

Love,
DE Warframe Team!  

P.S This is a temporary subforum dedicated to all things Plains of Eidolon bugs & feedback when the time comes! Since it's so massive we wanted to carve out its own home. 

I feel like that one old lady at church that just got hit with the holy spirit!! HYPT!

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

While the Plains of Eidolon comes with its own map:

DKVUm1TWkAAaYbx.jpg:large

A roadmap appears to guide your continued journey to the Plains! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

This roadmap serves gives information on the following:

• The Quest for Gara!
  • Expected Launch Window!

The Quest for Gara - Glassframe has a name and it's Gara - inspired by the Design Council submission of 'Garasu'. Since Mirage's release we've strongly favoured releasing a Warframe's free path with quests. Gara's release will be no different.

GAARA

NARUTO

However the quest for Gara is likely going to be delayed by a week, due to a scheduling conflict with one of our key Ostron actors… however, because Gara is ready, she will be in the Market for those able to support us. If you cannot, that’s fine too - we’ll be adding Gara’s parts to the Cetus reward tables to give you a head start for when her quest does release.  We will follow with Gara's story as soon as it's ready if it doesn't make the release! 

Expected Launch Window - this is the part of the roadmap that people may pull over at and put on their hazard lights. The goal is to launch within the next 10 days - when the official Hub site launches there will be more information there.

Are we there yet? Almost!

Thank you everyone for your great patience as we put this all together,

Love,
DE Warframe Team!  

P.S This is a temporary subforum dedicated to all things Plains of Eidolon bugs & feedback when the time comes! Since it's so massive we wanted to carve out its own home. 

Why not add the blueprint as a reward from something for the week until the quest launches? 

Whetherintentional or not, this feels like a tactic to increase plat purchase of Warframes. If so, this is a bad way to do it. Rewards for purchasing like with Chains of Harrow were a good way to do it. Some farming adversity is fair. This is a straight up time gate to people who don't want to plat purchase. 

2 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Why not add the blueprint as a reward from something for the week until the quest launches? 

Whetherintentional or not, this feels like a tactic to increase plat purchase of Warframes. If so, this is a bad way to do it. Rewards for purchasing like with Chains of Harrow were a good way to do it. Some farming adversity is fair. This is a straight up time gate to people who don't want to plat purchase. 

It definitely feels like this is intentional, I understand that there was a problem, but i dont understand why people who aren't willing to pay for the frame are being punished for it.

It kinda kills my excitement for the whole update to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

How the hell did I forget about this? XD

Dunno, but I'm hoping that they have some story with her in the Plains. It's nice to suddenly have a lot of open world missions and such, but.... story content..... Y_Y Really hoping for a great story, too.

If she isn't named, I'm gonna call her Miyamoto Aria.

Edited by AandOE
Naming her.

Gla

That is literally the new warframe's name. Gla. Someone on the design counsel suggested "just call her Glass but in Japanese", most likely as a joke, and you went with it. You took it at face value and did exactly that

I am impressed, this is hilarious. Best warframe ever

Gah, the hype is too strong >.< ! "Next 10 days" could be tomorrow, a few days, or at the very end of the  ETA, and it's frustrating to me lol. I doubt it'll be earlier rather than later, but still, knowing that there's potential has my hype thrusters in overdrive already

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Gla

That is literally the new warframe's name. Gla. Someone on the design counsel suggested "just call her Glass but in Japanese", most likely as a joke, and you went with it. You took it at face value and did exactly that

I am impressed, this is hilarious. Best warframe ever

Well, its Gara. Usually, that form would be masculine in usage. In Irish, that would be a large Mastiff while in Japanese it would mean a Pattern.

3 hours ago, Pyus said:

DE should have some native Japanese speakers take a look at this and see if it makes sense and is appropriate. When you mutilate a language and chop it up the result can be construed as insulting. 

Unless you are a native Japanese speaker, then claiming such a thing is insulting is condescending.

7 minutes ago, AandOE said:

Dunno, but I'm hoping that they have some story with her in the Plains. It's nice to suddenly have a lot of open world missions and such, but.... story content..... Y_Y Really hoping for a great story, too.

If she isn't named, I'm gonna call her Miyamoto Aria.

One thing I hope they do is update the dual wielding systems so that things like swords work with it too.