Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else disapointed in the Quills/the grind to level your kid?

morningstar999

18 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Then dont. Ppl have been gridning void and what not for ever now. Its just a different grind and its REALLY not that bad.

relic aka void farming can be tonnes of different missions, on various skill levels for different rewards. VS killing the one same thing over and over.

that's a huge difference.  

variety aka more to do. 

It also doesn't take you more than like 2-30 hours to farm one prime set vs the 50-100 hours it'll take to make one operator weapon.

either you're very new or just very oblivious.

13 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

relic aka void farming can be tonnes of different missions, on various skill levels for different rewards. VS killing the one same thing over and over.

that's a huge difference.  

variety aka more to do. 

It also doesn't take you more than like 2-30 hours to farm one prime set vs the 50-100 hours it'll take to make one operator weapon.

either you're very new or just very oblivious.

No im being realistic. You get new content, you complain about new content and then a week later its gonna be like "I ran out of stuff to do cya guys". So either enjoy it and just grind it, cuz its REALLY not different from before relic/void w.e it is the same and NO i am not new nor oblivious, believe what you want. Enjoy the content or dont, not much else you can do.

13 hours ago, Praxxor said:

I tried taking down a teralyst with 2-man squad without that aura and we couldn't fit in the 50 minutes, he ran away at the end. The only way to consistently beat them will be in 4-man squads, which I'm fine with. But the matchmaking HAS to be improved if that's what they're aiming for, host migration pretty much always failed on me and about 4 hosts decided to chicken out at stage 3/4.

It has being soloed. Just add more forma and maxed out everything. Use plat to "power game" if you need. A little wallet boosting never hurt anyone.

Edited by fatpig84

I'm perfectly fine with grinding, as this game at its core is a grinding game. That all said, a few tweaks to the numbers wouldn't be so bad. I tend to be a solo player myself. If I tried to solo farm the Quills' faction levels, it'd take an insane amount of time.

But unlike some, I understand this huge update just came out, and tweaks/fixes are forthcoming.

8 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

I find it amusing how people assume that every group is even capable of getting an eidolon down.

Especially with the baby amps given to us.

PS: Check the blueprints you get from the Quils. It will make you regret even looking.

200? 
200 if all of them drop, with 40-60% drop rate you are looking at 400-500

Yeah I did say if you get lucky, please read before responding

2 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

It has being soloed. Just add more forma and maxed out everything. Use plat to "power game" if you need. A little wallet boosting never hurt anyone.

Key word: consistently

I didn't claim that it was impossible

15 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

you so guys think having to do 1000+ hours of on the same one map area and killing the one same boss 100's of times is fun? is good content? no-one can justify that...

yeah warframe is grind but this is just too much. far far too much, far more than anything they have done before.

Never said it was neither fun or good content. I’m upset about it too when it comes over console. I’m all about now leveling new Operator. You know how much time I would have to put in to maximize my Operator? Including Focus farms plus Eidolon hunting? I’m very disappointed.

Maybe if enough ppl complain on the same subject. DE will hear and we will hear a response. Just like it did when we was trying to get the Arsenal added to simulacrum. Also with the Hema costs etc etc. We will hear something. Let’s just hope it’s something we like.

Not frustrated at all...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

why are you opening these?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Seriously, stahp!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Because I ignore the space kiddos entirely

3 hours ago, Shichibukai88 said:

No im being realistic. You get new content, you complain about new content and then a week later its gonna be like "I ran out of stuff to do cya guys". So either enjoy it and just grind it, cuz its REALLY not different from before relic/void w.e it is the same and NO i am not new nor oblivious, believe what you want. Enjoy the content or dont, not much else you can do.

how is doing a 1000 hours of ONE THING realistic? 

seriously the only people that complain there's nothing to do is people that have 2000+ hours in the game, 2000+ hours of variety gameplay not just doing ONE THING.

repeat after me: 

GRIND IS NOT CONTENT!!!!!

yes waframe is a farming game but there is farming then there is 1000 HOURS OF KILLING THE ONE SAME BOSS OVER AND OVER. 

If people don't complain and tell DE that they have gone too far and that they are killing their player base as a result then nothing will change. there is no 'deal with it' for most people it's TOO MUCH.

POE has a tonne of content that would keep any new or old player busy for hours and hours it did not need this extra and random padding out with making things basically impossible to farm. 

15 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I do feel that DE have miscalculated the grind somewhat, just as they miscalculated the effect that the constant bombardment and enemy Archwing support would have in Bounties.

However, DE also have a tendency to react to this kind of feedback with extreme passive-aggressive defensiveness, like a first year Art student trying to deal with criticism of their project.

As an actual art student, I have never seen a more fitting comparison. I seriously want to put that on shirts and send one to everyone in the DE office. I do not want another Hema situation with this stuff.

16 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

you so guys think having to do 1000+ hours of on the same one map area and killing the one same boss 100's of times is fun? is good content? no-one can justify that...

yeah warframe is grind but this is just too much. far far too much, far more than anything they have done before.

I'm on my 2000+ hours I don't mind adding another 1000 hours 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

I'm on my 2000+ hours I don't mind adding another 1000 hours 

of ONE boss fight over and over....? ok. good for you I guess.

I'm at 2797 hours, but at least I did a whole variety of stuff in that time, not just one boss...

Edited by morningstar999

Hehe the grind the loot and everybody forgot about the quest..the story line..

Game suppose to be fun..enjoy it

Good thing i still have quest to do ..weapons to level ..world to explore plants i can never scan coz evrytime i log in its not time for that plant to show itself..tnx DE for forcing me to be aware of day and night shift in this game...pls take that off...ur not my girlfriend to force me to be more attentive to u..jk haha

11 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

of ONE boss fight over and over....? ok. good for you I guess.

I'm at 2797 hours, but at least I did a whole variety of stuff in that time, not just one boss...

You are legit not realizing what youre saying is silly do you? Alone farming for warframe parts took HOURS and ended up if you are really unlucky, in 100's of the SAME boss fight over and over. So your point?

15 hours ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Grind is not content.

10 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

You are legit not realizing what youre saying is silly do you? Alone farming for warframe parts took HOURS and ended up if you are really unlucky, in 100's of the SAME boss fight over and over. So your point?

You are saying that the requirement to spend a few thousand hours hunting eidolons to slgihtly improve your operator, mainly for the ability to hunt eidolons.. with no real reward or incentive... is content? With no hyperbole, you can complete *everything else in the game* in less time than it would take to make out Quills standing.

Spending hundreds, to thousands of hours doing multipart missions and fishing / mining, to get better at fishing / mining is content?

Because it sounds to me like 2 semi-new mechanics (fishing - by waiting and throwing a spear) and mining (by shooting at rocks) in a large map, with nothing but repetition.

The actual 'content' (exploring Cetus, the Plain, Gara quest) lasts maybe 20-40 minutes.

Everything past that, is literally (not an exaggeration) thousands of hours of repeating the same 3 tasks over, and over, and over.

That's not content, that's padding.

On 15.10.2017 at 4:42 PM, morningstar999 said:

but from what I can gather in order to level your standing from rank 2 to 3 you need to kill over 100 Eidolons (are you frikken kidding me?)

Who told you that ? You can get something like 10~ intact, 6~ exceptional, 0-1~ flawless per Eidolon. So thats 2650-3850 per fight, 5-6 fights per night if you are good so counting 6 it's 15900-23100. After 2 good nights you have enough standing for that 44k required to do 2 to 3.

Talk about making it look worse than it is.

I have to say: "So long and thanks for the fish!" This is way beyond acceptable grind, yes PoE is quite nice but nothing more, it is comparable to Firefall after the second redo which happened 2014 but Firefall's incursions/invasions were much more fun.Back then the devs also decided to listen to the yes boys and girls to the white knights, the butt kissers and look where the game ended up basically the dev either did not listen at all or to the wrong crowd, everything that went wrong was blamed on Mike Kern (ex CEO) but here is the thing, the game actually died when he was long gone ! It is dead now servers closed!  I would hate to see WF going down the same road.

To me the novelty after 3 days is already gone, it is the same thing all over again and again with rewards locked behind RNG.

Now to advance I am forced to fish, forced to mine, forced to grind eidolons and forced to grind  Ostron standings on top of the older game content.  

My verdict, very good idea ruined by too much greed.There is nothing more frustrating than doing a 4-5 stage bounty mission solo including several incursions on the way only to be rewarded with Ayatan stars that are utterly worthless to me.

I wonder what kind of target audience someone thought about when implementing this kind of grind? Unemployed NEETs?   

Edited by TwistedDee

40 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Grind is not content.

You are saying that the requirement to spend a few thousand hours hunting eidolons to slgihtly improve your operator, mainly for the ability to hunt eidolons.. with no real reward or incentive... is content? With no hyperbole, you can complete *everything else in the game* in less time than it would take to make out Quills standing.

Spending hundreds, to thousands of hours doing multipart missions and fishing / mining, to get better at fishing / mining is content?

Because it sounds to me like 2 semi-new mechanics (fishing - by waiting and throwing a spear) and mining (by shooting at rocks) in a large map, with nothing but repetition.

The actual 'content' (exploring Cetus, the Plain, Gara quest) lasts maybe 20-40 minutes.

Everything past that, is literally (not an exaggeration) thousands of hours of repeating the same 3 tasks over, and over, and over.

That's not content, that's padding.

Welcome to warframe. Its always been like that and until the core gameplay changes, that is not gonna change aswell. Grinding has always been part of warframe. Its a little too late to complain about the grind, in fact, its been MUCH less than before. Maybe not your game then if the grind is too much for some.

41 minutes ago, -Trey- said:

Average fast run, without drops getting bugged. The way I see it cores are fine, it's bounties that give too low standing.

666.png

so you basically got 2k standing in 2.5 hours. If you're lucky you can get 4k in 2.5 hours.

doing the math that means you have to farm for 300 hours just to get the max standing for the quills. and that's only if you can get 4k in standing a night! getting that much means you need to kill an Eidolon twice every single night! so being reasonable it would more likely take you 4-500 hours of pure, 100% grind.

Thats not okay. That's basically the same amount of pure grind you can expect to spend to get to MR20. and getting to MR20 basically means you have done almost everything in warframe.

So when you say cores are fine, what you're saying is that its fine for DE to add literally the same level of grind as the entire base game for only a few items.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:42 PM, morningstar999 said:

I was really looking forward to levelling my operator.

but from what I can gather in order to level your standing from rank 2 to 3 you need to kill over 100 Eidolons (are you frikken kidding me?)

leveing up the entry standing to like 1/2 will enable your operator to be able to fight level 20-30 enemies at best, so you HAVE to get a tonne more standing to make your operator useful.

why aren't their normal missions you can do with them for standing? why aren't the things you turn in worth more? 

not to mention all the hours and hours of grind you need to get the other new stuff, they have given us 1000+ hours of grind without giving us an equal amount of content. The map and the new game modes aren't that varied/big and it's going to get old real fast.

this is a whole new level of grind and it just makes me so angry. grind is not content. 

there are so many good things in this new update but it's being drowned by the pointless grind....

enough is enough.

Not really that bad, maybe just a tad adjustment is all that's needed. 

I've only done one Teralyst so far, but when I go out at night I do a LOT of Vomvalysts, whenever there's an opportunity.  If you do that at night, just as you're going from place to place doing missions, the ordinary shard things they drop start to pile up and get your rep climbing.

A side benefit of doing this is that you start to get quite slick with switching forms.

Edited by Omnimorph