Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headless Excaliburs in the Plains?

Allotetra

So while playing in the plains I found some headless Excaliburs in a kneeling position. There was this one (images below) and one more on the very peak of the same rock. I had a search around and couldn't find anything in the forums or on the web about the same find.
Is this an Easter-egg? Or a genuine bug? Let me know your thoughts.

unknown.png?width=400&height=216unknown.png?width=400&height=225

1 hour ago, Rixuel said:

Can you scan it?

I wasn't able to scan it nor was it intractable. I only saw it once. I've gone there multiple times and haven't seen it since.

6 minutes ago, Cifrer said:

My girlfriend and I found one too.  She said someone is trying to send me a message.

Oddly, it showed on my screen, but not on hers.

Its good to see I'm not the only one who has found them/it. Also none of my friends could see it on their screens either.

Edited by Allotetra

4 hours ago, Allotetra said:

So while playing in the plains I found some headless Excaliburs in a kneeling position. There was this one (images below) and one more on the very peak of the same rock. I had a search around and couldn't find anything in the forums or on the web about the same find.
Is this an Easter-egg? Or a genuine bug? Let me know your thoughts.

unknown.png?width=400&height=216unknown.png?width=400&height=225

The first reports came in from this Tenno:

I thought it was a bug but I think it's an easter egg for sure. 

Now I'm afraid to go out alone onto the plains at night.  

Sorry to destroy your hopes and dreams people, but it's just bug, sometimes when the host enters operator mode he fires the old madurai beam from his chest for a few seconds ,for the other people in the room, and where he entered in operator a headless Excalibur that kneels appears (just like in Focus 1.0 when you held 5 your frame kneels while you did the attack)

14 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Interesting. It doesn't look like a bug.

Could it be a hint for......Umbra?

I really hope it is.

8 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Sorry to destroy your hopes and dreams people, but it's just bug, sometimes when the host enters operator mode he fires the old madurai beam from his chest for a few seconds ,for the other people in the room, and where he entered in operator a headless Excalibur that kneels appears (just like in Focus 1.0 when you held 5 your frame kneels while you did the attack)

I would hate to think it's just a bug. Sorry dude, but I would like to think this is actually part of the lore. Maybe it has to do with The Man In the Wall? Maybe it's a teaser that was released early... Either way, like The Man In the Wall, I hope to find one of these on the plains when I play. :D

Spoiler

I just got some major chills... Whenever I'm on the forums, I have YouTube playing music in the background. Right now it's playing music from the first Thor movie. 

While looking at these Excalibur photos, this gave me such chills... I don't know why.

Edited by KelsierSurvivor
Chills...