Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious AFK issues rising

(XBOX)MaruKips

A simple vote to kick option would be good I think.

It may not affect you much but its super annoying when some ***** just afks a whole mission. Especially if your in a mission doing more than 5 waves/mins/rounds. Lets be able to kick and let other players join games later on so your not screwed after 5 mins :x.

Edited by (XB1)TyrannoSpank

AFK players really puts me in a bad mood and ruins my game. I do not know of any good solutions.

Maybe check distance travelled by the warframe. If it is too short in relation to the other players then give him zero rewards.

I am not in any clan and I enjoy playing with random people who are active.

Edited by Frendh

guys, if you ever in one of these mission, please take the time to make multiple screenshot during the mission(not just the ending result screen) to prove them afk and open a support ticket to report them, put as many detail as you can in the ticket, it can help.

Edited by RayPerth

There still no auto-kick feature in wf? All these major updates and this feature isn't still implemented.

(nvm it there is one alreayd lol.)

But yeah the vote to kick option is pretty good.

Edited by -UncleSucc-

We can report AFKing.  But it takes a collective effort on our part.  DE has a "Report AFK Playe" in their helpdesk.
When they see multiple players report the same person for a period of time with proof, then without any reasonable doubt they can suspend those people.

WIth proof, I mean screenshots of them hiding in a corner + mission result screen showing all zeroes + snarky comments in team chat showing they admit to be blatantly AFKing, and so on. You can attach screenshot and explain it all in this system.

1. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com
  2. Submit a request  (top of page)
  3. Report User or Hack

KdeSUoE.png

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

As some have said sometimes people move just enough to trigger the no afk kicker on purpose. I'm not sure how the kick thing would go the more I think about it.

I suppose you're right, I'll just keep at it, tolerate it and troll back if possible. The rage I see when I intentionally fail a mission IS pretty entertaining.

My bf and I often try to do them alone but when bosses are involved like that super mutant/ghoul woman there's no way.

I just don't see the fun in it. If someone legitimately asked for help or said they have trouble with something, I'm totally happy to help or am completely ok with it, no question. But when you're mocked for it and feel like a tool it's annoying, naturally. My bf has to carry me sometimes and it makes me feel terrible, despite the fact that I try my best, I get lost all the time (Earth especially), I absolutely cannot do corpus hacks in sorties because I panic and drag everyone else down when I try (I will even say in chat that I can't do these and I'm sorry, I don't want to fail for everyone), I don't want to be that person that ruins things for people. My bf knows I can't do them and he does them perfectly. I feel useless.

It just sucks because I want to have fun, even with people I don't know. Sometimes people are funny and friendly. We all have 2 things in common, we like Warframe and we're all gonna die someday, so why not just have fun while you can? Dunno, maybe my last encounter just pushed me too far and I needed to rant.

Ok, so If you wanna add me it's cool. I usually run solo or in two man squads. Been playing a long time. Down to help if u guys ever need it. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

4 hours ago, Nakrast said:

Brace yourself, comments saying ''just make a team and play'' are coming.
Cause people don't want to solve the afk/troll issue, but simply avoid it.

That is actually the only way to "solve" the problem though.  I've never seen a game that didn't have potential for trolling.  It's human nature to troll, and the unconscionable amount of time developers have to spend on trying to troll-proof games is one of the reasons why we can't have nice things. 

I like playing in PUGs because of the randomness - and because as an experienced player, it's kind of a fun challenge that's not part of the "official" gameplay, but extends the life of the game a bit, to try and pull a team through when the players are new or clueless and screwing things up.  Also, some PUGs go so well it's beautiful.  A great PUG gives you a great feeling of accomplishment as a team, with "gg"s all round at the end.  (It means that good players have managed to come together as a team quickly, and mesh with each other sight unseen, just on the basis of their knowledge of all the classes, etc.)

But the price of all that fun is - sometimes, some people will be asshats.

Edited by Omnimorph

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

I am, slowly migrating to Fortnite, after POE probably permanently. Destiny 2 updates...sorta. Excited for Anthem.

Were you expecting that response?

Anthem looks amazing IMO. I hope it's not over hyped and then a bit of a let down when it comes out. definitely playing it tho

1 hour ago, RayPerth said:

guys, if you ever in one of these mission, please take the time to make multiple screenshot during the mission(not just the ending result screen) to prove them afk and open a support ticket to report them, put as many detail as you can in the ticket, it can help.

Helpful. thank you for the info!

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

We can report AFKing.  But it takes a collective effort on our part.  DE has a "Report AFK Playe" in their helpdesk.
When they see multiple players report the same person for a period of time with proof, then without any reasonable doubt they can suspend those people.

WIth proof, I mean screenshots of them hiding in a corner + mission result screen showing all zeroes + snarky comments in team chat showing they admit to be blatantly AFKing, and so on. You can attach screenshot and explain it all in this system.

1. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com
  2. Submit a request  (top of page)
  3. Report User or Hack

KdeSUoE.png

Thank you for the info, this info really isn't anywhere in game so I wouldn't have ever known.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Ok, so If you wanna add me it's cool. I usually run solo or in two man squads. Be playing a long time. Down to help if u guys ever need it. 

Thanks, I appreciate it and for the clan invite too, though we just finished unlocking EVERYTHING, including all pigments lol

Don't know how it works on xbox, on pc you simply contact support and report, they take care of those tickets fairly quickly and the users warned, punished or watched for future reports about the issue.

Things only improve if the playerbase actually does that, avoiding the issue or asking DE to implement features is pointless, if you want to improve the community, you need to report.

I don't know how severe the issue on xbox is, but if there is a way to report, start using it.

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

Helpful. thank you for the info!

Thank you for the info, this info really isn't anywhere in game so I wouldn't have ever known.

Thanks, I appreciate it and for the clan invite too, though we just finished unlocking EVERYTHING, including all pigments lol

It's cool, offer stands. I usually only get on after 9 central standard time. So don't be afraid to shoot me a inv

22 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Don't know how it works on xbox, on pc you simply contact support and report, they take care of those tickets fairly quickly and the users warned, punished or watched for future reports about the issue.

Things only improve if the playerbase actually does that, avoiding the issue or asking DE to implement features is pointless, if you want to improve the community, you need to report.

I don't know how severe the issue on xbox is, but if there is a way to report, start using it.

Unfortunately there is no report or contact support on the consoles. You probably have to bring you proof here and submit a ticket.

DE can't fix people. Seriously, current state is better than a lone tenno wasting time in fissures cuz a squad of premade trolls or random squad of condescending meta circle jerks decides to kick him due to reasons. One thing I'm sure about there will be more and worse toxicity with vote to kick option than without.

Just screen capture and report, maybe it works. Or friends/inv only. Or form a squad.

Edited by dreadgame

I remember this one time where I ran into a Limbo player who kept casting Banish on me because I was getting top damage in a level <30 grineer defense with an unleveled Mag and my lex. I didn't even realize it until the third time he cast it on me and I finally pressed tab for the first time. I was literally just standing on the pod and shooting whatever came my way, minding my own business

Soon afterward I ran into him in a level 30 alert mission and decided to let him do all the heavy lifting for me while I munched on a snack.

win/win?

It's just coop versus bots after all. This isn't Overwatch.

Edited by Legion-Shields

On 10/20/2017 at 4:06 PM, (Xbox One)MaruKips said:

-snip-

miss maru, apologies but i tend to be called by my folks every few min, so unfortunately i am sometimes gone for long durations...

i certainly can understand your point of view and respect it

however several players here are young enough, or old enough to have familial obligations bug them during gameplay, a vote system would correct it yes, but it would be easily abused unfortunately... neither humanity nor tenno are all pure of heart...

It does seem to becoming more prevalent. I haven't played a single Public PoE mission outside of Eidolon Hunts after three AFKers in the same day. I'm all set with it. I'll do Public in starchart missions from time to time, but largely I just go solo.

There needs to be an ingame Report function. Vote kicking will just get abused obviously, or at least make a better detection system. It honestly can't be that difficult. It's easy to bypass inactivity detection by moving every few minutes, but if they aren't getting any kills, taking or dealing damage, then it should be obvious. Make a system for that.

The fact that people can get away with it so easily only encourages it further. DE need to do more than what they are currently.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

I had one in a kuva flood the other day.  Two of us did the siphon and noticed one afk.  We stopped doing the mission.  He comes back and runs up a bit then stops, we stop.  He says move please.  I said play please.  He said no.  So I told him I'm not farming his kuva so he can go over price his rivens.  He started with comments then said cry more.  I literally typed wahhhh, cry, tears all over in the chat box until the mission timer ran out and we all failed.  He tried to type things but got drowned in my fake tantrum.  He was moving and jumping and avoiding enemies the entire time.  He was at the screen with his controller but wouldn't play because we called him out on his afk.  He was so mad the mission failed and I thought it was funny.  I'll just leave afkers or do this if I have time to waste.