Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which of These 4 Warframes are the best main?

Irogiash

Question

Frost Prime, Ivara, Valkyr Prime, Saryn Prime.

I own all four of these but I can't quite decide which one to main. Which one is your favorite to have on your team and or is the most useful in late game content?

Thanks Guys.

Extra Context Edit: I know what you guys mean by you don't main in Warframe, I've just always been the type to focus on 1 as my favorite. I was just wondering which ones would scale the best since I don't want to invest a lot of time into something only to figure out it was a bad choice later! So far I like Saryn play style the most I'm just a little worried about her late game viability.  If you have any other warframes to recommend let me know. I like the types that can do all types of content pretty well and have some versatility. I don't much care for Spy Missions though. I've heard good things about Titania.

Edited by Irogiash

18 answers to this question

OPINIONS INCOMING: short summaries of my opinions on each

Frost: good for a tank/supportive role with decent CC. augments are alright. I personally run icy avalanche, give allies some extra shielding.
Ivara: haven't played her much personally, I only use her for spy sorties with the augment. or to have fun controlling the zenistar in the air.

Valkyr: angry screaming and invincibility. nobody except nullifiers can stop you from rezzing your team. but prepare a new keyboard for E smashing

Saryn prime: solid spammer if you can sustain the energy.

in short: I'm leaning between frost and valkyr from your choices. to each their own however.

This might sound like a cop out but the "Main" is always the one you prefer, you main the one which playstyle suits you best, the frame you enjoy the most, otherwise they have certain uses for certain missions.

Frost = Top tier on defense, excavation missions and other mission where you need to hold your ground

Ivara = good for farming focus, 2nd only to equinox, good for spy 2nd to loki, good for fishing etc., not my cup of tea but she is quite popular

Valkyr = if you like going high level pure melee this is a good frame, also a good frame if you expect teammates to go down a lot in a mission

Saryn = for mass killing at low levels, and mass debuff (viral reduces enemy max hp to half), technically the frame that has the widest reach if certain conditions are met.

Neither, Banshee Prime master race. (though i like Valkyr too but it can get boring and falls off at higher levels really fast)

Oberon can also make high level bounties ez mode in the Plains.

Also Limbo>Frost.

Idk. about Grindyvara either, the Chassis part exists, i guess.

Viral doesn't really work at higher levels without a full armor/shield remove, Saryn isn't that great.

5 minutes ago, LABAL said:

You do not 'main' in Warframe. Ever.

Really, this.

You lose nothing for swapping frames for a few missions or leveling a frame to 30, so the only time you need to "main" one is if you're doing raids or teralyst hunting with the same group consistently and people want you to fill the same role. Just play whatever you're enjoying at the time.

23 minutes ago, Irogiash said:

Which one is your favorite to have on your team

Valkyr is fun to have because I get to watch the action happen. I can solo almost all the content pretty easily so it's down to style points and who doesn't mess things up. Valkyr.

23 minutes ago, Irogiash said:

and or is the most useful in late game content?

Frost is one of the most useful frames in every tier of content, and tops your list overall even lategame.

6 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Viral doesn't really work at higher levels without a full armor/shield remove, Saryn isn't that great.

...-50% max HP for 95% of the map isn't useful at higher levels.  Riiiigggghhhtttt.

@OP Saryn gets something of a rough rep because her rework took her from "Press 4 to clear room" to being a lot more involved, but Viral is an infinitely scaling debuff that only bosses are immune to, and the girl can cast 1 spell and cover the entire map with it.  On high level Survival, it's possible to it once and have the Spores transfer from target to target for the entire run.

Ivara. Infinite stealth, additional loot awesome burst potential at a distance thanks to exalted bow, great utility (CC, provides teammates with positioning and invisibility, lures when solo or with teammates who stay in the damn hide) with specialty arrows, if you bring a dagger you can use Covert Lethality to kill everything you put to sleep (usually while robbing them), and Navigator can turn most AoE explosive weapons into nuclear death. That said, she can be a bit slow to get around, and it takes getting used to her rhythm of combat. Also, uh, watch out for teamates, they tend to draw fire and if you have your 3 up, getting hit will, at higher levels, really jack up your energy pool.

1 minute ago, UltimateGrr said:

...-50% max HP for 95% of the map isn't useful at higher levels...

Which doesn't pass through shields and armor, it's just a cheapo low dmg spammy ability without a full Corrosive Projection debuff or a good team with a caster that removes resistances.

Just now, kgabor said:

Which doesn't pass through shields and armor, it's just a cheapo low dmg spammy ability without a full Corrosive Projection debuff or a good team with a caster that removes resistances.

You're not casting Spore for the damage, you're casting it for the Viral status proc it applies with the first tick of damage.

3 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

You're not casting Spore for the damage, you're casting it for the Viral status proc it applies with the first tick of damage.

That might work with Slash weapons but then again Nova with Molecular Prime would work even better with its 200% damage multiplier for ignoring resistances with Slash and it also has a strong crowd control effect, more energy requiring tho.

Just now, kgabor said:

That might work with Slash weapons but then again Nova with Molecular Prime would work even better with its 200% damage multiplier for ignoring resistances with Slash and it also has a strong crowd control effect, more energy requiring tho.

200% damage on a target with 100% HP has the same TTK as 100% damage on a target with 50% HP, just saying.

Well, mostly.  Viral doesn't effect shield values, which MP can, but Spore is 75% cheaper per cast, and can last almost indefinitely if the enemy density is high enough.  On the other hand, Saryn can also add +30% of her melee weapons damage output as pure Toxic with 100% status, which does bypass shields.  Saryn melts Corpus when she gets in to melee ranges, doubly so since Spore can spread the toxic proc as well.

1 hour ago, Irogiash said:

I own all four of these but I can't quite decide which one to main. Which one is your favorite to have on your team and or is the most useful in late game content?

Thanks Guys.

Extra Context Edit: I know what you guys mean by you don't main in Warframe, I've just always been the type to focus on 1 as my favorite. I was just wondering which ones would scale the best since I don't want to invest a lot of time into something only to figure out it was a bad choice later! So far I like Saryn play style the most I'm just a little worried about her late game viability.  If you have any other warframes to recommend let me know. I like the types that can do all types of content pretty well and have some versatility. I don't much care for Spy Missions though. I've heard good things about Titania.

You are asking us to tell you something that no one can.

Decide what warframe to use and learn to master it in your style of gameplay.

1 hour ago, Irogiash said:

Thanks Guys.

ivara cz u not depend from team at all...

in warframe you dont really main anything single frame as you go pick afew that will be your go to for certain missions

frost is your go to for mission that will require you to guard something with your bubble

sayrn is great when your fighting large groups of enemies as her spore will keep spreading like crazy, chewing enemies health down to zero or enough to allow others to take them out

ivara is your sneak frame getting into places that no other frames could get in.
setting up ziplines to get up high
ally down an you shoot a sleep arrows around ally to keep the foes still, then either cloak herself or shoot cloak arrow at down ally an rev them.
prowling around the air tower when needed as she wont draw attention to herself.

valkyr is your rage kitty taking on the foes head on an risking herself as her 4th ramps up energy cost till it stays at a costly bit if your not set propperly.
ripling allies upto places that only she can get to.
giving atk speed buff.

you need to have frames for certain situations rather than just being the person that refuses to learn other warframes as your too stubborn to be ready to play something else incase someone has better set up for you then what you want to main.