Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality needs to go, or get reworked.

Hixlysss

With the talk of a melee rework around the corner, figured i'd post in here and get this thread going again.

Covert Lethality is still an issue. All i've seen from people is a general response of "If you don't like it, Don't use it." That's not a solution to the problem, so I'm assuming people aren't understanding what the problem is.

What are Daggers without Covert Lethality? Take it away and what do they have?  They are most likely the bottom of the barrel of weapons used, right along side Scythes(Which DE were planning on out right removing from the game and converting into 'Heavy Blades'). As a weapon, their only saving grace is CL, because of how broken it is. 100 damage that applies BEFORE other mods, and then finisher moves that are 100% lethal(Something DE said they would never add to the game...) And the mod isn't even a channeling mod which would make it tolerable at least but no, it's a straight super buff to daggers, and even then, even with this, Daggers are still near the bottom of the barrel, only ever really used with Lethal Teleport Ash players.

The solution to this problem? Well it would require more than just nerfing CL, but CL needs to be nerfed so Daggers can actually be balanced and made into viable weapons, to be used along side swords, nikanas, great swords even! So it's not just a hate of CL but a desire to see Daggers be made into better weapons, so they can have a purpose beyond just slapping CL on and grabbing Ash or one of the other frames.

TL;DR: Read it.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Hixlysss:

Covert Lethality is still an issue.

No, it's not. Because enemies need to be at least lvl 150+ before CL becomes a viable option. Only when other weapons are starting to have serious issues with killing enemies becomes killing enemies slowly 1 by 1 a good option. Which means that for 99% of the content most people see in the game Covert Lethality is a useless mod. For most content in this game an Atterax with Memestrike will out perform a dagger with CL by a factor of at least 100.

Only change Covert Lethality needs is to apply to Dual Daggers.

Rivens still have meaning, because you want faster attack speed rolls for faster finisher animations.

My Balla Zaw dagger with a Riven annihilates enemies whether I use finisher on them or not.

Edit: oh wow, just noticed how old this thread is.

Edited by lexandritte

On 2/21/2018 at 12:10 PM, Hyohakusha said:

ZOMG CL can instantly kill ONE enemy *fires Arca Plasmor into a crowd* on a weapon type you'll be lucky to see 2 or three people using if you play eight hours a day for a week. This is so OP it absolutely must be nerfed *tears through 10 enemies in two seconds with Dex Dakra*, its not like there's another weapon capable of killing enemies in one shot. *destroys plains dropship in one shot from Vectis Prime* I agree, being able single out one enemy and remove them from the fight is ridiculous. *presses 4 as Frost, removes entire room from fight* Its unacceptable for the shortest weapon class in the game to have something that makes it actually useful. *equips maiming strike on Atterax*

Hopefully my opinion on the matter is clear. :tongue:

^
Cant believe this troll thread keeps getting necro'd.

On 2018-04-28 at 8:38 AM, Hixlysss said:

That's not a solution to the problem, so I'm assuming people aren't understanding what the problem is.

Man, everybody but you understands what the problem is. The problem is, there is no problem. Being able to kill one enemy at a time is not game-breaking, because this is not a game in which killing one enemy at a time is at all useful. You can't farm focus faster. You can't get gear that would otherwise be unobtainable. The thing you're complaining about is the least useful feature of the mod. The +100 base damage is far, far, far, far better in terms of actual gameplay effects.

It is long past time for you to accept that nobody else cares about this. For the love of god stop plaguing my activity feed with this thread.

Covert is not a problem.

Now if it was removed & all combos had 100% Lethal Finishers as their final blow. I would be ok with its removal.

As then all Melee Weapons played with skill could kill.

Right now, all it does is make an "Assassination" Weapon do exactly what it is meant to do.

Players who play with Daggers make a dramatic trade-off when they use Daggers. So it balances out.

Lose out on ALL combat for the ability to kill an enemy one at a time.

Vs

Run in, spin, wipe room, profit.

Covert Lethality needs to go all the way to it's full potential; so we can have more dagger builds. We have roughly a dozen dagger builds and reworking it to have more utility can make it a excellent upgrade for the more stealthy types. Maybe fit it into throwing weapons and dual daggers too. 

On 2017-10-23 at 11:40 PM, Hixlysss said:

Covert Lethality is, due to limitations on swearing, a horrible mod. It's potentially the worst melee mod ever in warframe. We JUST got a new dagger stance, is anyone really going to care when we have Covert Lethality which makes every finisher kill 100% lethal? Dagger rivens are completely worthless because Covert Lethality exists. It almost reaches the point of "Why use any other melee? Covert Lethality makes it so everything dies!" 

Now aside from just out right removing the mod there are fixes that can be done, simply replacing the part of the mod that makes finishers lethal with either a simple boost to finisher damage, like 200%, or have every melee hit with it have a chance to open the enemy up to a finisher. Or even both. Just remove the 100% lethality from the mod, please.

Side note, make Covert Lethality, once changed, apply to dual daggers as well.

Your team will clean whole room with Maiming Strike while you will kill one enemy with CL.
Also no, it's not guaranteed Lethal damage, on higher levels Healers and Nulls are decreasing CL's effectiveness even more.
It's really nice mod to run medium level missions in solo, but absolutely useless in group and top level runs. Also it's quite slow and it's KPS is not that good as other weapons.