Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lenz, a steaming heap of programmed mess.

BloodForCavalero

Good evening.

When the Lenz was released, I was excited for a new (Corpus too!) bow. Breaking my backside to complete its research and creating it, I quickly regretted the decision.

1. An alarming, sniper rifle ... wait, it's a bow ... no, a sniper rifle, ... self-harm weapon.

2. It uses and mutates ammo to both bow and sniper ammo.

3. Sometimes, it won't mutate ammo at all. I've gone through a number of missions with a useless weapon, forfeiting the "rifle kill" bonus.  

I'm not sure if the weapon is incredibly bugged, or DE couldn't come to an agreement on the concept. 

Edited by GrazewoundZero

1. Yeah the lenz is weird, It's a bow... that can only use bow mutation mods but not the other bow specific mods, It's not a sniper... since it can't use charged shot, and it's not a launcher because it can't use firestorm. 

2. Bow and Sniper ammo is the same thing. They both use the purple special weapon ammo.

3. Does whether you have it equipped as the active weapon or not affect this?

43 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

1. An alarming, sniper rifle ... wait, it's a bow ... no, a sniper rifle, ... self-harm weapon.

Did you expect the explosive weapon to be silent? 

44 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

They draw from the same pool. Sniper ammo is bow ammo.

44 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

3. Sometimes, it won't mutate ammo at all. I've gone through a number of missions with a useless weapon, forfeiting the "rifle kill" bonus.  

As said above, it's got to do with whether or not it's equipped at the moment. If you're using your secondary or have your melee out, then it won't convert ammo. All ammo conversion works this way except Carrier. Does this to ensure your currently equipped weapon gets its ammo first, I think.

2 hours ago, GrazewoundZero said:

An alarming, sniper rifle ... wait, it's a bow ... no, a sniper rifle, ... self-harm weapon.

Explosive bows arent silent

2. It uses and mutates ammo to both bow and sniper ammo

Its the same ammo

. Sometimes, it won't mutate ammo at all

Keep the weapon out for it to mutate, putting it away prevents it

On 10/23/2017 at 9:36 PM, GrazewoundZero said:

Good evening.

When the Lenz was released, I was excited for a new (Corpus too!) bow. Breaking my backside to complete its research and creating it, I quickly regretted the decision.

I'm not sure if the weapon is incredibly bugged, or DE couldn't come to an agreement on the concept. 

I put a "Hush" mod on my explosive bow... "Explosive" meaning loud. And run with ivara... Its funny silently killing multiple enemies with a rambo style body popper. Its an incredibly fun weapon. Not effective against grineer so not op at all, but incredibly fun.

Thank you all for your opinions, suggestions, and overall help.

I didn't know that bow and sniper ammo came from the same ammo drop. Thank you.

I guess I'm biased to bows for being silent weapons. 

I'm still encountering the mutation bug, so I'll try to capture it. 

Still, I sold it after ranking it to 30. As fun as it was, I still prefer silent bows. My apologies for the inconvenience my thread caused. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24-10-2017 at 4:47 AM, motorfirebox said:

I've never encountered the ammo mutation bug myself. The Lenz is one of my favorite weapons.

It's also a big favorite of mine, however, I have encountered the ammo mutation buffs OP has as well.

It'd be great if we had more reserve ammo, should make it more bearable.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, GrazewoundZero said:

Thank you all for your opinions, suggestions, and overall help.

I didn't know that bow and sniper ammo came from the same ammo drop. Thank you.

I guess I'm biased to bows for being silent weapons. 

I'm still encountering the mutation bug, so I'll try to capture it. 

Still, I sold it after ranking it to 30. As fun as it was, I still prefer silent bows. My apologies for the inconvenience my thread caused. 

I had issues adjusting to the noisy bow myself. But, I've found it to be handy. Just added Corrosive to it for dealing with Grineer, now everything drops fast... I've only killed myself ten times while using it! :3

On 10/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, GrazewoundZero said:

you DO know that it has an innate ammo mutation on it right? That being said it will only work when the bow is in use.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, GrazewoundZero said:

it does make a bit of sense..it IS firing an explosive arrow after all.