The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to make Kubrow permanent pet like Sentinel?

Moujine

Is there any way to make the Kubrow become a permanent companion like the Sentinel so even if it dies it autospawns in next mission? Maybe the Kavasa Prime Collar should automatically respawn the same Kubrow that you have once it dies without needing to re-grow it yourself? If there isn't any method at all there should be in the future because its better for both us and for DE themselves since they will sell the Kubrows/Accessories a lot faster when players know that the pet will stay forever. Also the Sentinel and the Kubrows should be 2 different categories not choosing just 1 because like that everyone will choose Sentinel by default since its permanent and the other is temporary, we should be able to have both of them in the same mission.

Edited by Elfezen

I'm.. not sure I understand what you're asking. 

Kubrows don't permanently die if they die in a mission, only if you go a long time without giving them some health juice in your ship. 

Alternatively a nutrio incubator update will automatically put your Kubrows in stasis when near death. 

11 minutes ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Probably not, because unlike Sentinels, pets are designed to both be a credit sink and punish people who suddenly stop playing regularly.

The first thing it doesn't do (and companions would be worthless if it did) and the second thing is silly.

Degradation should be removed. It is pointless.

They are permanent? If they die on a missions they are still alive and equipped when you leave the mission. You can lose them from DNA degradation but that is only if you neglect them. Are you aware of DNA stabilizers? 

Get the incubator upgrade and they won't die even if you forget and if you want to save on credits just put them in stasis when you are going to be gone for a longish period of time. With the upgrade you don't even have to wait for them to recover when taking them out of stasis. 

Edited by SeriouslySinister

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The first thing it doesn't do (and companions would be worthless if it did) and the second thing is silly.

Degradation should be removed. It is pointless.

Dna stabilizers cost 75k. 1 heals like 40% iirc? that's a credit sink. So it does do that and the second is true as well since it counts days you remain offline. Its weird you said these things dont happen and then named the cause of it. Degradation.

If Degradation didn't exist i'd probably never really use sentinels save for carrier for ammo case sometimes.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Its weird you said these things dont happen and then named the cause of it. Degradation.

The point is that it barely functions as a credit sink because the cost is so low, but if the cost were any higher, nobody would use it. Because even at its currently minuscule-for-non-newbies cost, it's not worth what you get from companions, and it adds nothing substantial to the game.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Dna stabilizers cost 75k. 1 heals like 40% iirc? that's a credit sink. So it does do that and the second is true as well since it counts days you remain offline. Its weird you said these things dont happen and then named the cause of it. Degradation.

If Degradation didn't exist i'd probably never really use sentinels save for carrier for ammo case sometimes.

Farming on Hydron, Akkad, and any high level planet racks up quite a bit of credits. I would highly suggest using Kubrows and Kavat when you need them. I usually put much Companions in Stasis until I need them and I usually rush them out of Stasis when I need them. Forma’ing stuff gets a lot of credits.

7 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Farming on Hydron, Akkad, and any high level planet racks up quite a bit of credits. I would highly suggest using Kubrows and Kavat when you need them. I usually put much Companions in Stasis until I need them and I usually rush them out of Stasis when I need them. Forma’ing stuff gets a lot of credits.

But that's not the point it's a never-ending source to spend credits hence a sink for them that's all i was saying and it's annoying when i swap loadouts to oberon or nidus and remember i have to pull out my put (And pay 10k credits() to use em for the mission i want it turns me off to it.

Not to mention kubrow even more annoyingly degrade loyalty.

The degradation is a bad thing which tries to add some realism into the game but why we even need to keep these genetical garbages if they die anyway?

The companions not balanced at all and the vacuum still used on sentinels which never dies forever if die in a mission and they collect everything for you what you need. This is a huge advantages of sentinels over other companions because these not need any food. The credit sink was a bad idea begin with because veterans also no wish to spend times to buy foods for their pets and doesn't want cater at all them. There is other complex things in game and with every addition it will be more complex and there is no normally time to check your pets needs. The next few updates also will be time sink so they could do a favor and remove the degradation entirely, improve the kubrow-kavats-other future companions ai, add more sentinel weapons for the variety, then add the vacuum as a warframe passive ability then the gap between the companions will be much lower. If totally not important which companion I am using then I guess many peoples will use both of them because for their unique stats.

DE simply just not want to balance what really needs but implementing bad ideas aswell.