The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What ever happened to the original Ember Deluxe?

8 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

I'm kind of glad they didn't go with this, wasn't really a fan, too... human-in-costume looking. Why I didn't use Mag until the Deluxe skin came out either.

You act like that isn't just what the new Deluxe is. I came to play space ninja anyway, looking humanoid is perfectly expected.

Mag deluxe was also designed by Ignusdei, same designer of the old Ember deluxe, which captures her fiery nature quite nicely as well, actually. She looks like an actual wraith instead of merely a person in a costume.

Edited by UrielColtan

8 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

To clarify, DE did not "scrap" the old Ember DX. Contract work has a lot of protections to prevent contractors from having their work stolen by the company that contracted them. They cannot use his work without his express consent, and he can change his mind. It may be that the art team is unwilling to use his designs without making certain changes, which Ignus would have to sign off on. As a professional artist, he has his portfolio and reputation to worry about. It's not simple pettiness on either party's part.

And yet, if you ask Ignusdei yourself why they are not using his Ember deluxe even with the mohawk(Which can be an easy auxillary toggle), he has no clue, given they still sold his other work like Mag Pneuma recently, despite ending contract with him a year ago.

The issue is more petty than actual contractual issues.

>

Edited because I don't want DE getting anymore bad ideas.

Edited by UrielColtan

Just now, UrielColtan said:

No, DE have been using his work even after they ended contract such, as the case with Mag Pneuma and Frost Harka, and his other skins are still up on the market for sale. DE could have used his Ember deluxe if they wanted as well actually, even with the Mohawk(which could easily be a toggle auxillary.). If you ask Ignusdei yourself why they are not, he has no clue. 

The issue is more petty than actual contractual issues.

I was under the impression that DE went along with concepts whose assets were already underway, but dropped the skins that weren't actively being modeled. But if Ignus is unaware of why DE isn't using the rest of his designs, then that is odd.

The way I see it IgnusDei created some of the best skins this game ever had (Harka, Koga, Feyarch are awesome).

DE should fire whoever made him quit, because his decision hurts the game and the company in the long run. As much as I like cheesing low content with Ember I can't stand using her much because the chicken looks, even more so with the new skin.

On 27. 10. 2017. at 1:32 AM, UrielColtan said:

You act like that isn't just what the new Deluxe is. I came to play space ninja anyway, looking humanoid is perfectly expected.

Mag deluxe was also designed by Ignusdei, same designer of the old Ember deluxe, which captures her fiery nature quite nicely as well, actually. She looks like an actual wraith instead of merely a person in a costume.

The new actually looks more exotic, flashier, fancier, and not like skin-tight spandex.
Warframes are not human, humanoid, but not human. They're demigods, golems of controlled technocyte virus. Also they are creations of the Orokin Empire, an empire clad in gold and porcelian white. They had incredible technology but they were a lot about presentation and appearance, just like the Amarr in EVE Online. Beyond touch and understanding.
I'm not saying the old one was bad (or maybe I did :O ), but I prefer this new one a lot more if they work on the lower half a bit more, it's too rough at the moment.

On 10/28/2017 at 5:03 AM, Acersecomic said:

The new actually looks more exotic, flashier, fancier, and not like skin-tight spandex.
Warframes are not human, humanoid, but not human. They're demigods, golems of controlled technocyte virus. Also they are creations of the Orokin Empire, an empire clad in gold and porcelian white. They had incredible technology but they were a lot about presentation and appearance, just like the Amarr in EVE Online. Beyond touch and understanding.
I'm not saying the old one was bad (or maybe I did :O ), but I prefer this new one a lot more if they work on the lower half a bit more, it's too rough at the moment.

What's fancy, godly or technocyte about a college mascot? And are you a bit near sighted, because both the vanilla skin and this new skin are rocking skin tight "spandex".   The Ignus dei skin dealt with one part sharp armor and one part Embers fiery aura. That colorless side in the concept, that was going to be fire effects, even the patterns are flame patterns.  The orokin look very tacky with their Sumpo Chicken representative, they should have been ashamed of their poor fashion.

People want to look like cool space ninja, not ugly for the sake of your excuse behind why they look ugly. The Vermillion Ember deluxe looks neither cool, spacey or ninja in motif.

Edited by UrielColtan

9 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

What's fancy, godly or technocyte about a college mascot? And are you a bit near sighted, because both the vanilla skin and this new skin are rocking skin tight "spandex".   The Ignus dei skin dealt with one part sharp armor and one part Embers fiery aura. That colorless side in the concept, that was going to be fire effects, even the patterns are flame patterns.  The orokin look very tacky with their Sumpo Chicken representative, they should have been ashamed of their poor fashion.

People want to look like cool space ninja, not ugly for the sake of your excuse behind why they look ugly. The Vermillion Ember deluxe looks neither cool, spacey or ninja in motif.

Your opinion.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:28 PM, UrielColtan said:

They did not have to at all, they simply chose to.

Technically they had to since the old skin was designed by someone who is no longer working with DE anymore.

If they did use the old design, there could be legal ramifications. Copyrights and all that.

Mag deluxe was also designed by Ignis, yet it made it into the game even after the fallout.

I think it was mostly DE trying to avoid the backlash, as it was a lose lose situation. If they released the original Ignis design, people would have bought it, but it would have made them look like they "fired him" for nothing... And if they released their changed version, people would have been very vocal and would have boycotted it anyway due to all the stigma attached to it.

I think they though the new version would give them a clean slate, and it's probably going to be the case for 95% of the userbase not aware of the drama and stuff involving that skin....