Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Login Day 700 is on Halloween. What do we know?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

Nope. Earn your days like the rest of us.

Wow, dog in the manger much? Because letting people catch up on some of the rewards (guns primarily, cosmetics can wait and anything else of value can be bought from the market) would be unfair to the people who worked absurdly hard and logged in once every day since the system was introduced.

Content that has actual gameplay value shouldn't be locked behind such asinine timegate.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

And I'm totally fine with that. It means I can stop loging in after 650 and I'm 2 days away. 

Still if that was the case then there is no point in WF wiki tracking it as the next "Daily tribute milestone"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

Login milestone's kept you logging in? 

I guess you can say it was successful then huh? I wonder what their metrics look like since implanting the new login system

15 hours ago, S.Dust said:

would be nice if they left it as boosters and resourcers from here cause no one wants to wait a year for cool stuff

It's not about waiting. Everyone else has lived fine without any of the logging rewards before it came along. These are unique rewards for sticking with it and taking  time you can to loggin. 

I personally hope it's another prime mod or sundial weapon. Would be quite cool. But meh, I'm about 30 days away rn. 

5 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Nope. Earn your days like the rest of us.

100% agree. No catch ups, no nothing. 

4 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Wow, dog in the manger much? Because letting people catch up on some of the rewards (guns primarily, cosmetics can wait and anything else of value can be bought from the market) would be unfair to the people who worked absurdly hard and logged in once every day since the system was introduced.

Content that has actual gameplay value shouldn't be locked behind such asinine timegate.

Go cry some more and stop complaining. Loggin rewards are made to celebrate the fact that you have taken the time you can to simply log in. There shod be no catch up at all. Earn the rewards like the rest of all of us

26 minutes ago, Arniox said:

100% agree. No catch ups, no nothing. 

Go cry some more and stop complaining. Loggin rewards are made to celebrate the fact that you have taken the time you can to simply log in. There shod be no catch up at all. Earn the rewards like the rest of all of us

This type of ideology what creates gaps between a community the just started playing and the established one that's been grinding login days since they were introduced.
Most people who received the rewards are crying about it because it's sort of an exclusive. Nothing more to it than that.

40 minutes ago, Arniox said:

This is an ideal representation of this elitist mindset that would be frowned upon in any other case, the whole system has been fundamentally flawed from the moment someone decided that it should grant actual gameplay affecting items instead of dropfeeding cosmetics and minor loot drops. I'd be completely fine with cosmetics being completely timegated, Primed mods are a grey area but actual weapons? Possibly frames and companions? Yeah, sure, keep them potato'd with a slot if you slogged all the way through but everyone else should at least have an option to get them from the market or jump through a few hoops to get them before they get to reach the actual milestone.

Just imagine you were in the position of lagging a year behind everyone else, would you still advocate not to have any catch-up system?

Edited by JuicyButthurt

32 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

This is an ideal representation of this elitist mindset that would be frowned upon in any other case, the whole system has been fundamentally flawed from the moment someone decided that it should grant actual gameplay affecting items instead of dropfeeding cosmetics and minor loot drops. I'd be completely fine with cosmetics being completely timegated, Primed mods are a grey area but actual weapons? Possibly frames and companions? Yeah, sure, keep them potato'd with a slot if you slogged all the way through but everyone else should at least have an option to get them from the market or jump through a few hoops to get them before they get to reach the actual milestone.

Just imagine you were in the position of lagging a year behind everyone else, would you still advocate not to have any catch-up system?

There is 98 primaries, 84 secondarys and 126 melees, and you gonna care about 3 that u can't get? and even so, the zenistar is the only usefull of sundials weapon and can get it at 300 days

2 hours ago, Tora.Prime said:

There is 98 primaries, 84 secondarys and 126 melees, and you gonna care about 3 that u can't get? and even so, the zenistar is the only usefull of sundials weapon and can get it at 300 days

Funny how you all work off an assumption that I'm lagging behind with the daily tribute because I dared to speak for the people who missed a few days, months or even years.

I would care even if it was a single gun that would be better off as a paperweight in the orbiter because it has an actual gameplay value, I couldn't care less if all there was to daily tribute system were resources, glyphs and occasional potatoes.

It's yet another fundamentally flawed system in this game.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

I am curious to know, I still haven't quite hit 650 RIP. 

honestly I'd rather instead of a big thing every 50 days it was something slightly more useful each day. (and they got incrementally better, so vets got more suitable)

I've had like 100 gallium and 50 Tellium from log-in when is that ever going to be useful for me (newsflash: it isn't I am rank 22, and gallium isn't hard to get) 

Edited by morningstar999

5 hours ago, Qianna said:

This type of ideology what creates gaps between a community the just started playing and the established one that's been grinding login days since they were introduced.
Most people who received the rewards are crying about it because it's sort of an exclusive. Nothing more to it than that.

Why would the people who received rewards be crying about them? So far I've been loving them. The only one I don't find much use for is primed shred. There's not many things that suite that mod cause bows need max speed ie speed trigger, and rifels waste ammo alot with primed shred. 

The login rewards don't need a catchup system, if course there's gonna be a separation in the community, but that doesn't matter. When a new player comes in, he or she is not going to immediately look for the rarest of the rare items. And eventually EVERY single player will have all the login rewards, you just have to wait, login, be diligent and accept it at face value.

There's never going to be a catchup system cause that would massively demoralize the people that already made it. 

5 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

First bit about the elitist mind set: no it's not. It's the mind set of someone who cares about the huge amount of time and dedication it took to make it all the way to day 650 and beyond. 

Second bit about the game play items: mods are not even a gray area. Right now, the login mods are completely fine since they're not massively game play affecting and plenty of people have lived in the game before them. EXACTLY THE SAME WITH WEAPONS. Don't go telling me that they're game play affecting cause they're not. People have been 100% fine playing without them for years and it's only they're introduction that made everyone cry. That's called jealousy. People that whine about it are whining because people have something that they don't. 

Third bit about skipping days or getting weapons in the market: no, absolutely not. I would be fine if they no longer did anything after day 650, but everything prior needs to be earned otherwise it demoralizes the massive amount of time that people spent to get them. All you have to do is login in everyday. Simple as that, but it takes literally two years to get some of these items, so do not demoralize that time spent. 

Fourth bit about being behind: I'm about 30 days behind the maxed days. That's mostly caused by holidays. I've gone to Australia, and a heap of places in my country, but If i was a year behind, or two years, I'd suck it up and keep going. I would not be a jealous whiny player because I have played perfect fine for 4 years without any of these items so owning them the day they come out is not something I care about. 

Tl;dr: don't be a whiny, jealous player and suck it up. Login, keep going and don't demoralize time spent for other players. 

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

First bit about the elitist mind set: no it's not. It's the mind set of someone who cares about the huge amount of time and dedication it took to make it all the way to day 650 and beyond. 

Some other people would call it "selfishness" and "pride".

6 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Second bit about the game play items: mods are not even a gray area. Right now, the login mods are completely fine since they're not massively game play affecting and plenty of people have lived in the game before them.

That you fundamentally misunderstood what I meant by saying mods are somewhat of a grey area is your problem.

7 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Third bit about skipping days or getting weapons in the market: no, absolutely not. I would be fine if they no longer did anything after day 650, but everything prior needs to be earned otherwise it demoralizes the massive amount of time that people spent to get them. All you have to do is login in everyday. Simple as that, but it takes literally two years to get some of these items, so do not demoralize that time spent. 

Oh yes, keeping the few happy for the blockage of the many. On a tangent, DE already discourages players by placing huge walls in front of them.

8 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Tl;dr: don't be a whiny, jealous player and suck it up. Login, keep going and don't demoralize time spent for other players. 

Hema.

Or the previous screwup, Akzani and its morphics cost which was ultimately adjusted and the difference was refunded.

You log in daily to enjoy the game, daily tribute is a cherry on top, not the whole cake. The few could suck it up if it meant a net gain for the many. Keep cosmetics and all that behind timegate but weapons, warframes and companions should not be locked behind such ridiculous waitgate.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Just so you know after 16, MR don't mean squat in this game.

Actually, it does. It means more daily standing for syndicates, Cephalon Simaris, the Ostrons, and the Quills (1000 per rank), a higher cap on void traces (50 per rank), more loadout slots (one every two ranks), and possibly some other things I'm forgetting about.

That said, it's still pretty whiny to get bent out of shape over a handful of weapons being locked into login milestones. We already had this discussion 100 days ago about Primed Shred, and 100 days before that, and so on. The login rewards are meant to reward the players who consistently log into the game on a daily basis, while early/fast access to new items and exclusive prime accessories are (some of) the rewards for players who spend money on the game.

These are the players who keep the game alive, not the people who disappear for months at a time between major updates, only logging in to check out the new shinies before shelving the game for another few months.

Edited by VirtualViolet

11 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Some other people would call it "selfishness" and "pride".

Nothing wrong with pride. And in this context, nothing wrong with selfishness either. 

That you fundamentally misunderstood what I meant by saying mods are somewhat of a grey area is your problem.

Saying they're a grey area implies that some people have a problem and some do not. I'm saying that they shouldn't been a problem for anyone since they don't effect much. I understand that is basically saying 0 is equal to 0 over again, but I commented anyway. 

Oh yes, keeping the few happy for the blockage of the many. On a tangent, DE already discourages players by placing huge walls in front of them.

It's a grinding game. Of course there's walls, and of course DE rewards those who make it. Does that matter? Plenty of players can live without a few items for quite a long time before caring about them. You only need to care if you want to complete everything. 

Hema.

Or the previous screwup, Akzani and its morphics cost which was ultimately adjusted and the difference was refunded.

You log in daily to enjoy the game, daily tribute is a cherry on top, not the whole cake. The few could suck it up if it meant a net gain for the many. Keep cosmetics and all that behind timegate but weapons, warframes and companions should not be locked behind such ridiculous waitgate.

Those examples are different because they only reward grinders at an extremely level. The login items reward those who have spent the time and dedication. They're fundamentally different. You can't just give everyone an option to get them early and then give a refund to those who spent the time. They're needs to be some separation within the game. Cause just like real life, not everyone is created equal. 

Also, I see you didn't acknowledge that I didn't give two sh!ts about being behind by any amount? 

Edited by Arniox

27 minutes ago, VirtualViolet said:

Actually, it does. It means more daily standing for syndicates, Cephalon Simaris, the Ostrons, and the Quills (1000 per rank), a higher cap on void traces (50 per rank), more loadout slots (one every two ranks), and possibly some other things I'm forgetting about.

What I should have said was... IMO. Srry bout that.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
Clarity