Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Arcane Magus Husk Resource Cost

Bl4zko

I've been taking a look at the new Operator and Amp arcanes then I suddenly look at the Arcane Magus Husk which gives operators more Armor and find the Cryotic needed a bit crazy, I was thinking in getting this but now I don't think I will, 7100 Cryotic is a lot, considering how many extractors you'd have to do to max the arcane to get 71,000 cryotic in total. The other resources needed for other arcanes are not as crazy as this one since you get them by playing the game normally (I think), but this is a bit too much, what do you guys think? Am I the only one who thinks this?

QurPeat.png

Edited by Bl4zko

• 2 weeks later...

They seriously need to reduce it... 71k is 20 hours of farming without a booster. Its like DE has no idea how resource gain in their game works. Only reason its so much is likely due to endo farmers, yet not everyone needs to farm endo.

Cuz Rebecca is the only dev that has a personal account and plays the game on her own time afaik, so the others are kinda out of touch with what the farming experience actually is. Numbers on paper and actual playtime are not the same. So yeah, DE doesn’t have an idea of how the resource gain in their game is — as evident in the absurd economy that came with initial PoE release.

The other part of the problem is they base costs of new items on the stockpiles that players have, which are heavily influenced by the few hardcore vets out there that have literally millions of everything. When they look at the resource data of their player base, they need to start eliminating the outliers. Cuz that’s what you’re supposed to do when taking statistics on any vast dataset. Otherwise they skew the results, which is what is happening here with the cryo costs.

so yeah I agree with OP, the cryo costs are ridiculous. It’s gonna take many times longer to farm that than to farm the heart Nyth, which imo is supposed to be the rare limiting resource.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Between this and the 23k oxium (and they continue to nerf oxium farming methods) for magus elevate I'm not touching the magus arcanes until it's a bit cheaper

Vigor doesn’t take cryotic, and is honestly not too bad of a farm if you don’t mind grinding for the gems. It’s basically just a straight buff to the operator’s health, so it’s definitely worthwhile imo if you don’t want to grind for nourish.

the cost is obscene, but I find just one of these+unairu def unbounded has decreased the damage I take on the plains to nearly nothing. Before, a vom off to the side could quickly take out even 1125hp pretty fast, now I can face tank all of the eidolon's damage aoes and still have over half my hp left. His small orb attacks hit me for less than 10 damage now.

As for farming Cryotic, set up frost parties and bring your cats. Cut down that grind time from 20 hours to less than a handful.

13 hours ago, KRAZY13omber said:

They seriously need to reduce it... 71k is 20 hours of farming without a booster. Its like DE has no idea how resource gain in their game works. Only reason its so much is likely due to endo farmers, yet not everyone needs to farm endo.

Yeah... this is actually a carry over problem and argument from when Sibear was launched too. As they said in the last dev stream, they've been looking for things to suck up resources a bit to kind of give people to play the game and do other things. Same argument and logic was made for Sibear as well. People had hundreds of thousands of cryotic on hand then too because of the lack of cryotic use. As you said, not everyone needs endo, or mod cores back then, and the farming is more than a little nuts for that.

The problem with these things is that they keep approaching them as the farmers in the very top of the numbers of these things as being the norm rather than the exception. Same problems were made with focus as well. Exception, not the norm. They really need to get a grip on that part before they start making changes.

Personally, I think the total cost of the of arcane husk should be reduced to at least 30k, so it would be at most same price as Sibear. Sibear is a novelty weapon, and in most games, it is justifiable for a joke weapon to cost a lot. I do not know about anyone else  but 30k is what I consider the ceiling for anything concerning cryotic.

I want DE to consider people that used up their cryotic and have to farm from scratch every time some new item comes out. I could careless if DE is trying to fix the farmers, (good luck with that) they have way too much cryotic and even if they used it they would quickly get it back.

Edited by LazyKnight

Honestly as someone who does raids these arcanes seem super accessible. It takes 100 raid runs on average to get a set of something, 400 for the rarer arcanes like avenger. You can only do the raids once per day, and there's only one good arcane on the droptable of each. Excavation is in general a much more rewarding and easy time, with guaranteed progress on every excavator, no RNG.

I wasn't fond of the gem requirements, cos mining is no fun at all, but it didn't take me long.to get what I needed, and they're pretty cheap to buy considering the justifiably high price of arcanes.

9 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

Honestly as someone who does raids these arcanes seem super accessible. It takes 100 raid runs on average to get a set of something, 400 for the rarer arcanes like avenger. You can only do the raids once per day, and there's only one good arcane on the droptable of each. Excavation is in general a much more rewarding and easy time, with guaranteed progress on every excavator, no RNG.

I wasn't fond of the gem requirements, cos mining is no fun at all, but it didn't take me long.to get what I needed, and they're pretty cheap to buy considering the justifiably high price of arcanes.

no to mention most arcanes in raid are utter garbage, so the RNG its even stronger.

Edited by Dasmir

I don't understand why they do such things. Sibear is 30k cryotic, which means 300 extractors without any kind of buff, but yo also need 9k for Vauban Prime, about 1k to 5k for some other things, 200 per stack of 20 Pyrotic alloy (like, really? 20 pyrol and 200 cryo to make an alloy? Pyrol is barely a seasoning in that thing) and 300 per Fomorian Disruptor (which is a lot for those who want to farm the Imperator Vandal). And now 71k for a maxed arcane? You could almost craft everything requiring Cryotic (excluding researches) with that amount. How is it fair to make something for a couple vets who have tons of it in a corner and will just craft it in one go just like everything else requiring that ressource, making the ressource cost uselessly high, but almost impossible to get for anyone who doesn't want spend hours farming the exact same thing over and over again? 

Same for Oxium, the only ressource that drops only in containers, on one Corpus unit and in rare occasions in caches/spies/alerts, but always in a ridiculously low amount unless you farm like a mad man with all the buffs possible. I personnaly don't have a lot of problem with Oxium, as I have about 6k left after crafting Vauban P and many other things (like the Grattler, Mantis, etc.), but still, I never used my Oxium for clan researches until today (new clan), and I tell you, it cost far more than I expected. I don't even have enough for the Itzal alone. And that Arcane cost 23k Oxium? F that.

We're not all vets. DE needs to undertsand that.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:28 AM, Bl4zko said:

I've been taking a look at the new Operator and Amp arcanes then I suddenly look at the Arcane Magus Husk which gives operators more Armor and find the Cryotic needed a bit crazy, I was thinking in getting this but now I don't think I will, 7100 Cryotic is a lot, considering how many extractors you'd have to do to max the arcane to get 71,000 cryotic in total. The other resources needed for other arcanes are not as crazy as this one since you get them by playing the game normally (I think), but this is a bit too much, what do you guys think? Am I the only one who thinks this?

QurPeat.png

Seriously...FISH PARTS for ARCANES?

REALLY, DE?

On the bright side, it's another reason to keep avoiding Landscapes. Since each of them will be a totally isolated mini sequel that completely invalidates your time spent playing to date, may as well NOT bother them...

I...think this needs a rethink.

I somewhat have problem with the fact that you have to max out ostron before you can do most of the quills stuff...why isnt there an option to just do the quills especially because i enjoy hunting eidolons more than trying mine anyway,fishing is ok but not great after hours.

51 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

I somewhat have problem with the fact that you have to max out ostron before you can do most of the quills stuff...why isnt there an option to just do the quills especially because i enjoy hunting eidolons more than trying mine anyway,fishing is ok but not great after hours.

Getting Ostron rep isn't that bad.  I hit my 20K cap with 2 runs of bounties 3, 4, and 5 with rep to spare on the 2nd run through.  I do 3 and 4 for the chance at lenses and 5 for the chance of breaths and T3 lens.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Seriously...FISH PARTS for ARCANES?

REALLY, DE?

I don't get why people get so worked up over the fishing.  DE added 2 resource gathering mini games with PoE and almost everyone is complaining about the one that is both fun and easy to farm your targeted resource.

I need Murkay livers.  I go out to the ocean at night and toss bait and dye on the water.  Snag what I need in a few minutes.

I need any Alloy or cut gem.  I wander around the map with the scanner out for a hours drawing circles on the red or blue spots hoping to get what I need from the random pool containing all the ores or all the gems.  Adding to the problems is the fact that the mining nodes tend to have the highest concentration in the bases so I have to stop and clear the area before I mine and keep dealing with respawns.

8 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Adding to the problems is the fact that the mining nodes tend to have the highest concentration in the bases so I have to stop and clear the area before I mine and keep dealing with respawns.

I had this problem at first.

WoF Ember with Firequake all but solved it for me. (Play T1 bounty for easy enemies).

I am not opposed to the cryotic cost. It seems to be a fair exchange for the fact you get to pick the arcane you want. And, you only have to run 710 perfect extractors from zero cryotic to get a set. Yes, this is completely prohibitive to a new player. Personally, I need to farm about 10k cryotic to get the set.

33 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Getting Ostron rep isn't that bad.  I hit my 20K cap with 2 runs of bounties 3, 4, and 5 with rep to spare on the 2nd run through.  I do 3 and 4 for the chance at lenses and 5 for the chance of breaths and T3 lens.

I don't get why people get so worked up over the fishing.  DE added 2 resource gathering mini games with PoE and almost everyone is complaining about the one that is both fun and easy to farm your targeted resource.

I need Murkay livers.  I go out to the ocean at night and toss bait and dye on the water.  Snag what I need in a few minutes.

I need any Alloy or cut gem.  I wander around the map with the scanner out for a hours drawing circles on the red or blue spots hoping to get what I need from the random pool containing all the ores or all the gems.  Adding to the problems is the fact that the mining nodes tend to have the highest concentration in the bases so I have to stop and clear the area before I mine and keep dealing with respawns.

Because Progression forces the mini games.

I like fishing. But I don't like being forced to do tons of it to progress Cetus rank. 

It's too much if a good thing. Fishing us not nearly a varied and interesting enough mechanic to stand up to the hours of exposure PoE progression requires of it.

DE has taken what SHOULD have been a fun side activity to HELP Progression and made it a feature attraction, to try and offset the lackluster Bounty cycle, and players are bored.

This is why PoE needs far more mission types, and a system to dynamically generate them.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

4 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Because Progression forces the mini games.

I like fishing. But I don't like being forced to do tons of it to progress Cetus rank. 

It's too much if a good thing. Fishing us not nearly a varied and interesting enough mechanic to stand up to the hours of exposure PoE progression requires of it.

In the last month I've probably only spent a couple hours fishing and I have all the items I need. People are really blowing this "forced fishing" out of proportion 

Just now, Mr.Holyroller said:

In the last month I've probably only spent a couple hours fishing and I have all the items I need. People are really blowing this "forced fishing" out of proportion 

No. We aren't.

A couple of hours is more time than I want to waste on an MMO mini game. Optional, it would be fine.

It's not optional.

2 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

No. We aren't.

A couple of hours is more time than I want to waste on an MMO mini game. Optional, it would be fine.

It's not optional.

Everything that isn't required for quests in the game is optional. The only reason I spent more time fishing is because I was bored or waiting for a night cycle. Maybe if you took the time to understand the mechanic correctly (especially now that baits are fixed and you can catch tons of fish with even  1 bait in a short amount of time) instead of being triggered by change you would realize that. 

If you're saying that its not optional because you're a completionist, that's your problem. Not a flaw in the game design.

9 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

Only times i ''farm'' oxium is when there is an alert for 300 oxium. Its impossible to farm oxium reasonably otherwise, without losing sanity anyway.

there have been some alerts that had a ton of oxium ospreys in them. I remember coming away from some with 1000-2000. but otherwise I agree oxium is hard to come by. one of the only resources I will still go out of my way for.