Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops Generic Achievement Campaign

[DE]Rebecca

27 minutes ago, CrazyBikerDude said:

Honestly hope this doesn't start up again. Going to leave my honest opinion here. It had it's glory bringing people into the twitch directory, but i believe it was for all the wrong reasons. Inflating view counts but for the wrong reasons. Great idea, executed poorly

The one thing tho.... im on console. i tried not to watch because i wanted some of the surprise elemet out it. I want to support some of my fav streamers as much as i could too. I also did not want to miss out on rewards. I sometimes had to do chat only but man chat only stinks. The gap for this is update is rough

So, everyone who dedicated most of their free time to getting the rare drops don't get anything? That's a bunch of crap. Just because you guys can't she'll out the drops to everyone fast enough you decide to leave people who spent their time trying to get things like the Vectis Prime and Frost Harka Skin, in the dust? How's that fair? Yeah random chance, but some of us got tons of drops and didn't get anything good. In my opinion we should all get some compensation loot for that. That kind of thing irritates me so much as it would to others I presume. 

So...who still doesn't have the sigil achievement?  I've been trying to get the sigil this whole campaign, watching partners get the achievement...but I got nothing...  That was the main thing I wanted, and I only ever got fireworks from that achievement, if anything at all.

Hopefully, DE has learned from this when making promos going forward. Any and all big promos like this should be focused on the player themselves playing the game not watching someone playing the game. 

It should not have gone on for the length it did, far too long. Though saying it's going to go on the 2nd then saying it isn't I don't know about that one.

A lot of mishandling going on with this one. 

I hope that you do similar campaigns in the future. I found many new streamers to sub to, many old friends rejoined the game, many new friends in the game now. All-in-all seemed like a huge win for everyone. Not sure why anyone is complaining, all of this stuff was 100% free and no one was forced to participate.

Edited by drekiii
added more notes

2 minutes ago, Donkey___R said:

Hopefully, DE has learned from this when making promos going forward. Any and all big promos like this should be focused on the player themselves playing the game not watching someone playing the game. 

It should not have gone on for the length it did, far too long. Though saying it's going to go on the 2nd then saying it isn't I don't know about that one.

A lot of mishandling going on with this one. 

she said only the common drops ended early and its most likely due directly to people abusing the system (which is what cause twitch to crash out twice and twitch to flat out turn off new account linking and unlinking, also caused the WF servers to crash out a few times as well as cause ISP's to effectively throttle everyone participating (atleast Comcast was anyway, my connection dropped everytime i had a twitch stream open for more then 10 minutes, or if i played warframe for more then 60)

The WF-Partner only things are still active

Edited by Tokens210

Quite honestly, I was always very impressed with how quickly you guys were getting the servers back up and figured it was something to do w/ all of the messages.

Thank you (Everyone at DE) for this event. I had a -lot- of fun doing a 24 hour achievement stream! The whole event brought a lot of awareness to both my channel and Warframe as a whole. How many new viewers does Warframe have on twitch?! Almost 20k last I checked.

I'm so glad that everyone had a good time and hope you and the rest of the DE team are just as excited. :)

17 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Here's an idea for a campaign: Have it be something that you DO in the game, not that involves people with better internet connections getting more rewards than people with bad internet connections.

In short: Games are about playing, not about watching other people play - in out-of-focus tabs on your home computer while you're at work.

I agree but all this twitch stuff is just cross promotion and it's worked pretty well on me. Got the prime for prime stuff, got everything but Vectis Prime and ended up giving a streamer (RandomSurge) over 2100 bits.

3 minutes ago, drekiii said:

I hope that you do similar campaigns in the future. I found many new streamers to sub to, many old friends rejoined the game, many new friends in the game now. All-in-all seemed like a huge win for everyone. Not sure why anyone is complaining, all of this stuff was 100% free and no one was forced to participate.

Probably because they said the event will go to Nov 2nd and now it doesn't. Not everyone got frost skin, vectis prime, smoke color palette. 

Edited by Fire2box

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ArgonSix said:

The one thing tho.... im on console. i tried not to watch because i wanted some of the surprise elemet out it. I want to support some of my fav streamers as much as i could too. I also did not want to miss out on rewards. I sometimes had to do chat only but man chat only stinks. The gap for this is update is rough

The issue at hand is multiple accounts being made to " speedrun " achievements. View counts flew in numbers during the event, but once the drops were changed to watching a single stream, viewership among people NOT " speedrunning ", lost all forms of their viewbase. It showed how selfish people are to improve their own gain. Now with people claiming they're getting x number of achievements in x amount of time are taking over the directory. This was to shed light on all content creators not 1 streamer working for the whole directory. This is what has concerned me and i'm quite sure it has concerned a lot of other streamers. All power to people who try hard and speed achievements, but it does not help thoughs that work harder and have been for a period of time.

21 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Here's an idea for a campaign: Have it be something that you DO in the game, not that involves people with better internet connections getting more rewards than people with bad internet connections.

In short: Games are about playing, not about watching other people play - in out-of-focus tabs on your home computer while you're at work.

the only way people with better connection got more would have been if they watched more then 1 stream which wasnt supposed to work but did and was on twitches end not DE, people abusing said system is quite possibly the reason it ended early and why twitch link and delink hasnt been working right in days

1 minute ago, Hyday said:

That sucks people were abusing it, but  you gotta do what you gotta do. It was a fun idea (though i am drowning in fireworks lol) Cant wait for the next one :)

No one could abuse it other then opening multiple streams was was killed rather quickly, they didn't end the event then. After that the only way to "abuse" it was streamers doing achievement speed runs by constantly making new accounts and doing very easy achievements.