Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minigun

MrTitan123

We need a minigun. Nothing too fancy, just a big ol’ Minigun. I need to channel my inner heavy weapons guy. Sure, the Gorgon is a thing and the kohm is basically the better shotgun equivalent, but I mean we need a minigun that revs up then unleashes hell on anything in front of it. 

Edit 3/13/2018: WHY IS THIS SO POPULAR?! I posted this thread months ago! 

Edit 5/3/2018: Seriously, how do you guys keep finding this thread?! It should be buried under piles of other threads!

Edited by MrTitan123

I'm content with the Gorgon and Tenora chainguns for the time being, miniguns would have an insane ammo appetite that wouldn't really be practical to restock on ammo without dedicated modding. But a manned Tenno weapon emplacement, that could be fun. Maybe a new air support drop for our landing craft, and the option to choose which drop we want from those available to us when we call for a deployment.

Granted, that's really a different topic, but one that ought to be considered.

Just now, FLSH_BNG said:

I'm content with the Gorgon and Tenora chainguns for the time being, miniguns would have an insane ammo appetite that wouldn't really be practical to restock on ammo without dedicated modding. But a manned Tenno weapon emplacement, that could be fun. Maybe a new air support drop for our landing craft, and the option to choose which drop we want from those available to us when we call for a deployment.

Granted, that's really a different topic, but one that ought to be considered.

Yeah if they did it, the ammo pool would need some sort of gimmick so you can restock it easily. 

Off the top of my head making it have a chance not to consume ammo on some shots. It could also be like the Cycron, and be energy based with infinite ammo. That would take some balancing though.

The easiest solution would probably be for it to have a built in ammo mutation, and have it boost the amount of ammo of each pickup.

I could see that, sniper rifles have combos for firing while aiming. Each hit while aiming could increase a combo counter to not consume ammo that stacks multiple times with a very short decay period to encourage walking fire over a large group of enemies... just spit-balling at this point but you can't have good ideas without throwing some bad ones out either. :clem:

(Bad english alert)

Rhino really needs a minigun.He s begging for one.

But please...if there s going to be a minigun,make it a minigun,not some Gorgon/Tenora ****.Let it have 6(or more,why not?)  rotating barrels, a spool up time 1,5-2 seconds and with the Right Mouse Button we could rotate the barrel without firing.Why would you aim with a minigun anyway?

And,of course, a really big firerate and a very big magazine size(like 500 at 50.0 firerate)with also a very big ammo pool.

And it could have a secondary firemode where you could put MORE barrels and fire MORE bullets(if you have played DOOM,you know what I m talking about)

Edited by FumezSunca

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

I could see that, sniper rifles have combos for firing while aiming. Each hit while aiming could increase a combo counter to not consume ammo that stacks multiple times with a very short decay period to encourage walking fire over a large group of enemies... just spit-balling at this point but you can't have good ideas without throwing some bad ones out either. :clem:

Yeah, I could see that working. It's not a bad idea at all, and the ammo mutation could still be included.

It would still have an ammo problem though if you're bringing it on any mission where the enemies are more spread out. I guess that would also be dependent on the fire-rate of it.

Edited by PoisonHD

On 11/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, FLSH_BNG said:

'm content with the Gorgon and Tenora chainguns for the time being, miniguns would have an insane ammo appetite that wouldn't really be practical to restock on ammo without dedicated modding.

The Supra vandal has a 1000 bullet capacity and a 200 bullet clip.

Its an assault rifle.

No human is carrying that + 1000 bullets. 

Ammo vs % based restoration means nothing in WF.

Bring on the mini guns, make them hit scan and every shot is pure unmoddable explosion damage + guaranteed impact procs. 

You can mod fire storm and thunderbolt on it because mini guns dont care about logic, it will fire in a cone that goes very wide and very far.

There will no projectiles, only explosions. Rapid explosions. Biiiiiig explosions. Rapidly. With a heat up mechanic.

But instead of over heating and stopping you it over heats and shoots FASTER and the heat inflicts you with burn + radiation proc. 

You will kill friend and foe alike if they get in your way.

They will get in your way because they cant get out of your way anyway.

Not your fault.

You are not a warframe anymore you are a mini gun named warframe.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:02 PM, FumezSunca said:

(Bad english alert)

Rhino really needs a minigun.He s begging for one.

But please...if there s going to be a minigun,make it a minigun,not some Gorgon/Tenora ****.Let it have 6(or more,why not?)  rotating barrels, a spool up time 1,5-2 seconds and with the Right Mouse Button we could rotate the barrel without firing.Why would you aim with a minigun anyway?

And,of course, a really big firerate and a very big magazine size(like 500 at 50.0 firerate)with also a very big ammo pool.

And it could have a secondary firemode where you could put MORE barrels and fire MORE bullets(if you have played DOOM,you know what I m talking about)

Oh how I love the chaingun mod... Demonz B Gone.

11 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I would use a minigun with Atlas, since he is kind of hulk like build and kind of makes any weapon looks smaller and cuter in his hands.

I am Heavy Weapons Frame. And THIS...Is my weapon. She weighs 400 kilograms and fires 200 credit custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs 800,000 credits to fire this weapon...for twelve seconds...

How to Mini-gun..

Huge ammo reserve direct linked to gun; that is there is NO clip. Pick up ammo = ammo ready to fire (no reload)

Ammo is picked up in x3 rate. (20 rifle ammo pick-up = 60 for this gun)

Movement penalty for having the gun out. NOT for having the gun on your back, but if you are hauling this monster in your Warframe's hands you are encumbered (slowed some way).

LOW crit chance. Meh status chance. Your hail of fire still statuses like crazy by quantity of bullets.

I would not use this gun, but I do know how it would have to be done in WF to standout from the crowd (COUGH*Supra*COUGH*Tenora*COUGH).

Edited by Achronus
Spelling

The problem with a mini gun is it'd have to have supper low damage to avoid being extremely broken

And what type of damage would it do? Impact? Puncture? Slash?

And what would it's base crit and status be? 

Again to avoid being op it'd have to be little to no crit and a low status

But it had to have something to make it more then just mastery fodder 

Good but not too good

Balanced

Not broken

• 3 months later...