Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Tennogen items?

(XBOX)Nautati

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

I like that you have pointed this out. Maybe there should be a cap on what one Warframe gets for Tennogen till the others catch-up.

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Just gonna leave this right here

6 hours ago, ZenDash said:

Nah there will never be too much tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lol

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Thanks for the fact drop!

Okay lets stop this Bull**it right here.
This number listing is basically a false equivalency.
Why?
Because this is just the submitted items, that include all of these items:

Spoiler

untitled_by_carnage2k4-dbt659g.png

Did all that crap make it into the game?
Did you guys even count the number of Excal tennogen items in game?
No?
It's 8!
5 skins/helmets and 3 lone helmets.

Nova has 10 tennogen items...
Frost has 8.
Volt has 7.
Mag has 7.

Stop counting all the half finished armature trash skins that walk in off the street as if they matter, because they don't.
Anyone can submit an item and add to the Excal number in the Image you've been posting @ZenDash but not everyone can actually be accepted into the game, which is the number that counts.

Edited by Carnage2K4

24 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Okay lets stop this Bull**it right here.
This number listing is basically a false equivalency.
Why?
Because this is just the submitted items, that include all of these items:

Hide contents

untitled_by_carnage2k4-dbt659g.png

Did all that crap make it into the game?
Did you guys even count the number of Excal tennogen items in game?
No?
It's 8!
5 skins/helmets and 3 lone helmets.

Nova has 10 tennogen items...
Frost has 8.
Volt has 7.
Mag has 7.

Stop counting all the half finished armature trash skins that walk in off the street as if they matter, because they don't.
Anyone can submit an item and add to the Excal number in the Image you've been posting @ZenDash but not everyone can actually be accepted into the game, which is the number that counts.

Still valid in my book. Just means a button of people wanna do the three poster kids up their way, likely because they were starters. After that, it's basically a popularity contest of what people (singular and plural) want.

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

Still valid in my book. Just means a button of people wanna do the three poster kids up their way, likely because they were starters. After that, it's basically a popularity contest of what people (singular and plural) want.

What is "still valid"? The numbers basically destroy any point you had about Excal being the most tennogen'd frame, who cares about submission number, it makes no difference to acceptance, Nova is the perfect example of that.
Your sentence makes literally no sense "a button of people wanna do the three poster kids up their way"
Who is the "poster kids"... I can do more counts if you like... There is a pretty even spread of items for frames that have been available to use in tennogen for some time.
Excal was the 1st and is the baseline alteration model, that's why you see so many submissions. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

I think that is not fair for people to not be able to buy those beautifull skins for pl  #tennogenforpl #makewarframegreatagain 

If you spent hours or days or weeks creating something for Tennogen, would you rather get payed with in-game platinum or real money? I know which one I would choose.

3 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

What is "still valid"? The numbers basically destroy any point you had about Excal being the most tennogen'd frame, who cares about submission number, it makes no difference to acceptance, Nova is the perfect example of that.
Your sentence makes literally no sense "a button of people wanna do the three poster kids up their way"
Who is the "poster kids"... I can do more counts if you like... There is a pretty even spread of items for frames that have been available to use in tennogen for some time.
Excal was the 1st and is the baseline alteration model, that's why you see so many submissions. 

Still valid in that a butt-ton of people dogpiled onto the big three beginner frames when it came to the accessories. Excalibur, Mag, and Volt, the Poster Kids. The first frames folks commonly see when they first start off in Warframe. Whether or not they were accepted is irrelevant, it's where people put their personal temporal investment in making a concept.

That said, while I'm focusing on the creator side of things, I see that you yourself are focusing on the consumer side of things. You aren't wrong at all, your just focusing (in my case, I cannot speak for the others) on the wrong aspect I was pointing at.

Edited by Unus

12 hours ago, ZenDash said:

Nah there will never be too much tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lolfug.png

You realize that's the number of skins people have submitted on Steam Workshop, not the number of skins in the game, right?

Personally, I'd love to see more Tennogen.  I think the Carnifex skin for Nyx is one of my favorite in the whole game right now, and I'd be super happy if the creator decided to make it a complete series for each Warframe.  Similar to the Graxx line.  (Which are also very nice.)

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

ut over the many months, with the continuous Tennogen Bundles and add-ons to the collection of cosmetics.
Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same? What do you think?

There is no such thing as "too much tennogen content"

On 11/9/2017 at 2:43 AM, ZenDash said:

Nah there will never be too much tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lolfug.png

Orthos is not a Warframe, at least not for right now.

Edited by Leviathan0306

On 11/8/2017 at 12:34 PM, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same?

Nope. Or if they are, it's because we're voting stupidly. Overly redundant, duplicate, or low-quality / low-effort items shouldn't be voted for. It's on us to decide what we want in the game, to not flood it with crap, and at least DE helps filter that because some people simply have no taste. :P

On 11/8/2017 at 1:16 PM, sati44 said:

Plus some of the stuff is starting to look old and outdated.

Also depends on the creator, I guess, and original quality. Years later, I'm still absolutely loving my Hagoromo Zephyr, still think it's better than the original model, and am concerned the eventual Zephyr Prime may not even look better than it. Some things hold up, some don't, and that's entirely based on the quality we allowed and voted for.

I find that most of the Tennogen creators try to imitate DE's style so that it fits into the world and matches pretty well, and the stuff that's obviously low-quality doesn't get many votes (or allowed in anyway by DE, thankfully.)

I also love the variety in syandanas that came with Tennogen. Anyone who played prior to Tennogen remembers when it was just Uru, Asa, Yomo (and Mortos just for Nekros.)

And before you think that's no big deal... Warframe initially launched in March 2013. Tennogen began in October, 2015. That's roughly 2 years of only having what DE could spare time to make minor cosmetics, each frame basically only had one alternate helmet... and not the influx of customization Tennogen provides. It freed them up to give us better content in other areas. Given that they can still do quality control, I think it was a pretty awesome idea, and we get all the nice things instead of just one.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:38 PM, Cloud said:

I think that is not fair for people to not be able to buy those beautifull skins for pl  #tennogenforpl #makewarframegreatagain 

I both agree and disagree with that.

I don't agree that you should be able to buy them directly with plat because part of the sales of those items goes to the ones that created them.

BUT, players that have those skins already SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRADE THEM with other players for platinum.