Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TO DE. I am constantly disappointed with you.

TPtv

20 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Yes I do like fishing and no, I won't be burned out by it because if I did, I would've dropped Warframe long ago. At the least with fishing (not so much mining) I can specifically seek out the materials I need without having to rely on an RNG roll. Mining they could at least have an algorithm that narrows down the potential locations for certain ores depending on geographical location.

I do agree with your second paragraph. Not a personal gripe for me due to how easy it was to obtain, but I can see where others are coming from on this. But Amps being exclusive to the Plains I don't think was a good idea. They need some other, core activities that players can complete in order to obtain them. Rewards for completing junctions, another boss battle drop, or a spy reward, whatever. Basically they just need alternative ways to obtain what is currently looking to be a core item (unless DE drops Operator content next year). There are plenty of ways to obtain Warframes and weapons, Amps should follow suit.

I also agree with your third paragraph and suggestion to make Plains resources farmable through combat, albeit it might not be for the same reasons you are thinking of. You'd think that while Grineer are pushing for an occupation of Cetus, they too would need the bounties the Plains provide. Ores to fuel their production lines and fish to feed their troops. At the very least, there should be added incursions like "stop the Grineer mining rig" which yields ores as a reward. Likewise with the fish. Maybe have ore chests and fishing crates that decorate Grineer camps that when opened/broken yields the corresponding resource. However, I do think that fishing should still stay, and that fishing still remain the arguable more efficient method because you get to be selective on what resource you are trying to obtain. While when stealing from others, you just get given what they happen to have. Mining on the other hand, I think needs a bit of work on in it's core concept. Unlike fishing, it is nearly completely up to RNG as to what ores you obtain. Ores should be based on geographical locations. Now that you can enter the caves, I think they should separate the loot table so the rarer ores are found in the caves, while the common ores are found on the Plains. Then if DE is really good with algorithms, then they could have certain ores have a likely chance to generate based on altitude or it's geographical position to water.

Warframe is still a developing game and no matter what players say, it hasn't established what it wants to be yet. Maybe it doesn't want to be a repetitive shooter? Maybe it wants to be more akin to an RPG? We don't know and likely won't know for a couple more years. Until Warframe establishes it's identity, there are gonna be a lot more issues popping up. With Warframe's current direction, it seems there are gonna be a lot of things added that player may both like or hate.

If you your game doesn't know what it wants to be five years after it's initial appearance on the market, that's an abject failure on the part of leadership.

I'm not saying this is the case, but if it is, someohas really slacked in their role somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Kashuken said:

That is a very good point.

Endless mission for me began in void where you game the system and survive for as long as possible and farm and get max rewards etc, it was always fine with me and i did enjoy it because it gave me crap i could use.

Now Void 2.0 has completely #*($%%@ it all up and you have to grind more to try and get the same rewards which still will not drop anyways and it has made void for me pointless again but even more grindy.

Does Warframe have a new endless mission? i aint played in months tbh and i update log on look and go meh and log back out.

Nope it doesn't. All missions are barely five minutes long now. Unless you're forced to stay longer by an in-mission timer like 10 minute "endless missions" on alerts, sorties and such. The whole point of endless missions was that you could stay as long as you can, but leave pretty much whenever you wanted. There was an act of choice involved and a reward for staying longer in the old void... *sigh*

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Nope it doesn't. All missions are barely five minutes long now. Unless you're forced to stay longer by an in-mission timer like 10 minute "endless missions" on alerts, sorties and such. The whole point of endless missions was that you could stay as long as you can, but leave pretty much whenever you wanted. There was an act of choice involved and a reward for staying longer in the old void... *sigh*

Thats even worse, i mean it was bad enough when you speedran most missions because exploring was pointless anyways and the quicker you did it the more you could get through so more rewards but there was always times where you needed to farm stuff, i suppose you still do to a point but with more resources being timed alerts and also degrade it becomes why bother?

It seems that choice is slowly being removed from warframe.

4 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Get the metaphor. *knock-knock*. People provide exactly as much feedback as they want and they couldn't be shamed into explaining themselves. 

Again, it's not shaming for not explaining himself, it's shaming for coming to have a little whinge on a feedback forum and expecting someone to care. No one cares. 

. Also OP stated exactly what bothered him. I don't know how you even managed to miss it or really mean it wasn't enough. 

You should know, because I explained it to you in my former post. Get the metaphor. *knock knock* 

It is not enough because it does not answer the simple questions anyone would ask first. You don't like fishing and mining. Why don't you like fishing and mining? The fish are buggy and the gems are too rare. Okay, that's at least something, but at the same time it's nothing useful. How are the fish buggy? Do they not spawn? Do they not show up when you use the dye? Can you not hit them with the spear properly? Are you only getting boots in the bugged out shape of fish, or vice versa? Can you not break down your fish into fish oil? Do you not have your fish on returning to Cetus?  Who knows? Not me and certainly not DE.

So now DE has to rum a full check for a bug that may simply be client-side in basically all of the pools you can find to look for your bug. If you had just pointed to the issue itself then there may have been a quicker resolution and you could go back to enjoying the game, but no, that isn't your job.

. Do you seriously imply that it's his responsibility to spend time formulating an elaborate solution for someone else's f@ck up? (that nobody of any development relevance is gonna read anyway)

Elaborate solution? No! It could be a 3 line thread  with 1 sentence and still he good feedback. Hell,  I can do it right now. 

DE fix ur bloody buggy fish that don't show up with expensive dyes I wanna go kill things not spend half a day fishing

That provides more feedback than anything you or the OP have posted in this thread. It's clear what the issue is, what happens and why it is a problem. That's all you need. Why couldn't he just do that? 

Why I think he should give an elaborate response is because of the wording he used. Disappointment requires expectations that were not met. What are these expectations? How were they not met? What is the constant? Nobody knows, because he didn't say. 

Again, you keep saying no one of relevance will read it despite evidence to the contrary, but if that is true, what is the purpose of posting anything on this forum then? Why are you here if you don't think it'll change anything? You are wasting  your time in your own opinion. What do you think will change if you post anything here if it's irrelevant? 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:45 AM, Nyaa314 said:

How is this vague? People want to shoot grineer in the face, not fish and mine. Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

GREAT if he wants to do that he can stay on missions that do not require to fish and mine. All of Warframe is not centered on Plains. Actually, the Plains is centered on all of Warframe. 

Before you can go to even the night cycle and fight eidolons you need to complete war within. The other stuff, such as mining/fishing, etc. is just for ZAWS. These are definitely NOT game changers but do help. 

I would actually recommend trying to finish the quests before going further. 

41 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

All of Warframe is not centered on Plains.

That was not the impression DE was giving all the way since tennocon. We were promised to be released from the maze and given something to do on a brand new big map, for 3 months of hype.

Releasing from the maze amounted to be sniped with grakatas from a lancer 100m away and in the grass, and bombarded with mortars from 300m away. "Something to do" amounted to scanning glass fishies, fishing, mining, and running bounties which have duration of 3 sorties with matching difficulty, and a single relic as 'reward'.

2 hours ago, Nyaa314 said:

That was not the impression DE was giving all the way since tennocon. We were promised to be released from the maze and given something to do on a brand new big map, for 3 months of hype.

Releasing from the maze amounted to be sniped with grakatas from a lancer 100m away and in the grass, and bombarded with mortars from 300m away. "Something to do" amounted to scanning glass fishies, fishing, mining, and running bounties which have duration of 3 sorties with matching difficulty, and a single relic as 'reward'.

Lol, sad but true. It's woken me up to the: why play this game? Question.

*Put literally 100's of hours into developing focus for my warframes.:sleep:

**Have DE 'change' focus and push operators.:angry:

I'm hitting super power saver mode on this game; until DE start playing it.:awkward: Either that, or stop reinventing Warframe. (BTW that doesn't mean open world.:facepalm:It means making monumental changes to the game, with no options. #Operator's #Focus 2.0 If they really 'must' reinvent Warframe, give players options/choice.  

On 11/12/2017 at 6:37 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Mining could have been done as excavation on the plains. Grineer conduct excavations. Why can't Tenno? 

Fishing could have been a simple side activity. It would've been enjoyable that way. It's no fun when side activities are mandatory for progression. It's no good at all.

Yooo, I totally forgot about excavation missions. It'd be dope to some how call in an excavator and get a bunch of gems and ores.

8 hours ago, Kashuken said:

Thats even worse, i mean it was bad enough when you speedran most missions because exploring was pointless anyways and the quicker you did it the more you could get through so more rewards but there was always times where you needed to farm stuff, i suppose you still do to a point but with more resources being timed alerts and also degrade it becomes why bother?

It seems that choice is slowly being removed from warframe.

There wasn't really much choice in the first place. The only meaningful choice we had is to leave or stay in endless missions. This one choice motivated players to farm and max out new gear and provided a form of progression, turning endless void missions into a trial for builds and player skills. But without motivated endless missions all we have (and always had, really) is a bunch of one-note missions that never had enough gameplay even for a single person. It's sad, really. And even that gameplay is locked behind mission randomizers and 24 hour timers, while the majority of missions in the game offer no reward, nor motivation whatsoever.

9 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Why don't you like fishing and mining?

Are you serious? People don't like fishing and mining BECAUSE it's fishing and mining in a game about NINJAS in SPACE. Do you really need explanation past that? People aren't playing Warframe to mine, fish, run around as a snotty teenager or individually swipe tiny coloured specs of dust off the floor. People play Warframe to be the Space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face.

Oh I know, you'll remind me that there are 12-something oddballs in the game whom actually enjoy doing all the aforementioned stuff. More power to them. Diversity is a good thing. But there is no diversity with fishing and mining. You can only get the resources required to craft amps and melee weapon-things through those activities. The only choice available to players is between fishing and mining for hours and days or ignoring PoE content in its entirety. Which is what I do. Which is what OP would probably do as well.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Are you serious? People don't like fishing and mining BECAUSE it's fishing and mining in a game about NINJAS in SPACE. Do you really need explanation past that? People aren't playing Warframe to mine, fish, run around as a snotty teenager or individually swipe tiny coloured specs of dust off the floor. People play Warframe to be the Space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face.

Oh I know, you'll remind me that there are 12-something oddballs in the game whom actually enjoy doing all the aforementioned stuff. More power to them. Diversity is a good thing. But there is no diversity with fishing and mining. You can only get the resources required to craft amps and melee weapon-things through those activities. The only choice available to players is between fishing and mining for hours and days or ignoring PoE content in its entirety. Which is what I do. Which is what OP would probably do as well.

I don't like a thing because it's a thing.

Sure thing.

2 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

I don't like a thing because it's a thing.

Sure thing.

If you had a third leg, you wouldn't like it either. Fishing and mining to Warframe is like a third leg to you. With only difference being that having a third leg in real life might actually prove to be useful in certain situations. Fishing and mining in Warframe - wouldn't. Ever. 

Thats a very broad assumption, i can still run around with my brain turned off being a demi god mashing my 3s n 4s in the main game and plains but i also like having other side activities to do instead of just load in - shoot - press buttons- effectively shut down all opposition- kill them- pat myself on the back with how skilled i am.

I like fishing and mining in WF because it lets me wander and do things at my leisure while gaining something from it, 

Oh I know, you'll remind me that there are 12-something oddballs in the game whom actually enjoy doing all the aforementioned stuff

Just like the 3 oddballs who raid and the 4 oddballs who pvp and the 2 wackjobs who index and the one cadanian who runs defect missions and the 5 psychos who run hours of Mot.

Other than those very very very very tiny tiny tiny miniscule part of the population that we act like doesnt exist, they (we) seemingly are the only ones having fun with the game. 

Everyone else is apparently running some amazing content that just eclipses any new thing DE decides to go for, yet i havent seen it beyond

Pick trivializing frame

Pick trivializing guns

Be unkillable because OP CC with 0 checks and balances nor any trade offs

Win because nothing in this game can reasonably stop belligerent and over powered mechanics without becoming op itself

Wipe out enemy after enemy by pulling the trigger or clicking m2 or rolling the mouse wheel.

Every new mode that comes out apparently no one but some sub 10 weirdos wanted, 99.9999999% of the population doesnt enjoy X mode because i said so.

Diversity is a good thing. But there is no diversity with fishing and mining

They wouldnt be fishing and mining if you didnt have to fish and mine to get them, itd just be another kill/capture X or survive 10 minutes and get fish which is the same old modes people speed run as fast as possible and trivialize daily then complain about having nothing to do.

-If the bounties/alters/spammy missions give too little fish or not enough rare fish people wont do them because people would sooner min max the fun out of the game.

-If the rewards have an advantage over normal fishing then DE neutralizes their own content.

Theres no winning this because someone will come along and say their time is being wasted in some form.

This is diversity just not the diversity you (generalizing ) wanted it to be. 

You can only get the resources required to craft amps and melee weapon-things through those activities

Because its a self contained loop, those weapons are not mandatory and can be worked on little by little, the amps are self cycling meaning - you get them to farm eidolons to get more resources to make better amps to farm more eidolons to inf x N- 

The amps themselves arent even necessary beyond the free base amp you get then people go bust an eidolons shields , Jack up their inconsequential attack power bonuses to 10000% , pull out the most crit based op weapon at their disposal and prove why hp sponge bosses arent enough of a wall to stop players from killing 2-10 eidolons in a 50 minute clock.

This is a means of extending content by stopping players from min maxing gains, and running out in a week like players tried their best to do and some actually succeeded in burning through it, again.

Anyone who says they have a design that allows super long, engaging content that also allows min maxing gains while making most people happy is ignoring the fact that theyll step on toes and alienate people or are being unrealistic.

The only choice available to players is between fishing and mining for hours and days or ignoring PoE content in its entirety.

Which is indeed a choice you can make and proves that PoE is infact a side content of the already restricted content in base warframe since it CAN be ignored and you wont be any less over powered for doing so and missions wont suddenly have a means of combatting our unpunished spamming in varies extermination modes under different names.

Which is what I do. Which is what OP would probably do as well.

Which is fine and is your choice. This isnt a jab at you specifically but a jab at the thread after thread of complaints of X content is boring and i dont like it therefore no one does. 

POE much like the frame Limbo pokes a lot of holes in this games culture, we're space ninjas we shouldn't have to fish and mine

-by that logic exterminations, survivald and other non stealth modes shouldnt exist

We're space demi gods! We shouldnt have to X!

-Which means that all this game is is a horde shooter with many of the same missions under a different name thus theres no true difference in content.

We're warframes not emo kids

-which means that theres very little they can expand upon and create if we go under the guise of the first 2 complaints, youre unstoppable, wave wiping demi gods with unchecked unbalanced powers.

There should be other ways to get X!

-true but a majority of the community will then proceed to ignore the inferior option ,this forum is a nice small sample size to observe this behavior, no one runs index for credits for example but we instead run secura lectra/effigy chromas on Akkad or other missions because it beats the Index.

Extend that to resource specified missions, resource intensive clan research, affinity farming, focus farming, leveling etc etc etc. 

The community will min max the fun clean out of the game, move as fast as possible to get THINGS as fast as possible, level them up, call them fodder and toss it aside.

Any attempt at slowing your gains, draining your resources, resetting you to 0 or denying the over encumbered resource use is met with pure vitriol.

Effectively any attempt at trying to balance these things are met with resistance in the form of

-takes too much time

-too many resouces

-my moon clan of 100 people only has 6 people active but those inactive people who have been inactive for 6+ months dont deserve to be kicked so lower the requirements

-X is not fun no one asked for this

-too much grind this isnt a korean mmo

-just because warframes grind is only 1/20th the work of an actual grindy mmo and we get things in a week or less its still to much grind for WARFRAME.

-oh but content runs out too fast though.

There is A LOT more but this is the gist of a very deep rooted issue with the game and its player base, vocal minorities, who demand and request very vague things or content without any consideration for what their request will cause.

Its my firm belief that if DE implemented peoples requests the player base would exploit it to the bone and then people will scratch their heads and wonder why they are burned out if content.

TlDr; You can hate PoE, no one is telling you to like it, not playing it doesnt stop you from doing what youve always done and be an over powered unchecked space ninja. You can ignore it and lose very little in the process.

But to say a games a failure because it didnt have a narrow identity is folly, the community almost never asks the Devs what they want the game to be, players only ask the devs what their game can do for the players.

We have 0 insight on what they want because we almost never ask, we just make demands.

Not even white knighting, this is just common sense in terms of game development.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

On 11/12/2017 at 5:23 AM, TPtv said:

I am constantly disappointed with you.
I had to give up a lot of Plains of Eidolon content thanks to a fishing system that had to find invisible fish and a mining system that could barely find a rare gem in just a few weeks.

I chose WARFRAME because I wanted to fight with the enemy with the enemy, and I did not choose WARFRAME to enjoy something like the gambling which probability dominates.

You will continue to deliver content that requires such a low probability, a tremendous amount of time in the future. But I guess I will have to give up the contents in the future. Thank you de. Thanks to you, I was able to realize the essence of the online game itself regardless of nationality.

I love PoE! Love the grind! Love everything about warframe! Ty DE for Rocking!

7 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Are you serious? People don't like fishing and mining BECAUSE it's fishing and mining in a game about NINJAS in SPACE. Do you really need explanation past that? 

Yes?

Fishing and mining are now necessary parts of PoE. You have to do them it you want what PoE has to offer. You don't like doing them? How can DE change it do that you do? They don't know because you never told them. But that isn't your job. 

People aren't playing Warframe to mine, fish, run around as a snotty teenager or individually swipe tiny coloured specs of dust off the floor. People play Warframe to be the Space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face.

So what you're saying is that DE should only make new enemies and weapons then? Because that's all you need to be a space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face. Shouldn't fix armor scaling and damage, because you can be a space Demigod that can shoot enemies in the face. Shouldn't fix any weapons, because you only need a few to be a space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face. That is not all Warframe is. 

You forgot the third option, which is to  come on the bloody forum and tell DE you don't want to fish for hours and days. Ever thought of that? No, that isn't your job. Not only that, you're wrong. I don't need any fish oil or gems for the vast majority of the bounties. I don't need it to faff  about shooting things in the face. I don't need it for anything outside of the context of the plains.

I don't like fishing or mining either, and I don't do it. In fact, I barely ever play on the plains because to me there's so much to do elsewhere I don't have the time. I was disappointed in a great many things, and I went to the specified feedback forum and made threads about it like I was supposed to do. Ignore it, by all means. It is your choice and ability to do so, as it is with any content in the game. Do not then come and make threads and posts on the fact that you're ignoring it and not tell us why because that's not your job. Again, if someone came to you and told you "I am dissatisfied with your product and will not use it" what would you change about it? The only acceptable answers would be "everything" or "nothing" because you have no idea what the problem is in the first place. 

On 12/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, TPtv said:

I am constantly disappointed with you.
I had to give up a lot of Plains of Eidolon content thanks to a fishing system that had to find invisible fish and a mining system that could barely find a rare gem in just a few weeks.

I chose WARFRAME because I wanted to fight with the enemy with the enemy, and I did not choose WARFRAME to enjoy something like the gambling which probability dominates.

You will continue to deliver content that requires such a low probability, a tremendous amount of time in the future. But I guess I will have to give up the contents in the future. Thank you de. Thanks to you, I was able to realize the essence of the online game itself regardless of nationality.

Don't worry, we are disappointed in you. You gave up at first sign that everything isn't hunky-dory, just as you wanted them to be. For example, did you try using Luminos dyes to find fish? They're cheap to make (at least to me, who runs half-a-dozen Bounty 5's a day). As for Mining; what are you talking about? I get plenty of Sentirum and Nyth when I go Mining -I have more difficulty getting the Arcane BPs than getting the resources for the arcane.

The only 'probability' in-game is which gem you get, which prime you get and which Bounty reward you get. All of which can be circumvented with appropriate amounts of plat -incidentally, the company's only way of making money as they don't charge to download or play the game. Not to mention; there's plenty of fighting and DE has kept on listening to our feedback, possibly bringing fishing/mining rewards to the bounty table (or at least I hope they do, even though I love mining/fishing).

We are sad to see you go, Tenno, but if that's your choice, that's your choice. Have fun, enjoy whatever new game you find and may your enemies run away in abject terror.

9 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

-snip-

You're missing the whole point of a game being a singular entity. 

It is exactly as you said, yes, core mission design leaves a lot to be desired. But instead of working to fix that problem, DE go on a heart-felt adventure of reinventing the whole game. AGAIN. Some of the players say, they enjoy the directions DE took, I admit that. Some of them might actually mean it. Right now, I assume it's just the PoE hype still talking on the both sides - some of the players defend it, some are against it. But think a month from now. two months and we'll be left with a fishing simulator in an otherwise strictly action game. This is not what players are coming to Warframe for. It's the definition of lame not just because I said so, but because it is the lame.
 Imagine a fishing simulator in Overwatch or League of Legends, or in Metal Gear Rising. It wouldn't fit the tone of the games, it wouldn't add anything to the core gameplay. Then why have something like that in Warframe? Fishing and mining is just "present". I could say the same about the entirety of PoE, actually. It's just there. It doesn't affect the game. It doesn't work with the core gameplay. It exists for the sake of existing, without adding up to anything. It's the same old Warframe piling up content problem but gone too far and away from the core and genre of this game. And no, "If DE said it's ok, then it's fine"-argument won't work after four years of open beta.

Fishing has no business being in an action game about Space Ninjas. Not while gating actual combat-oriented content (however insignificant).

And the worst part is that it's development time wasted. You can't use fishing mechanic in future updates, because it's a horrible idea. You can't use it in combat because it's fishing ffs. You can't use any of this to build any form of foundation for the future development of the game. It's just there like a malformed flesh appendage that has no functional use. All these new resources; all this time spent on designing and redesigning mechanics; all this effort and energy wasted to create a mandatory fishing simulator in a game about Space Ninjas that won't add up to anything in the long run. Yes, fishing is "something else to do" in Warframe, but this isn't Warframe at all.

Fishing is diversity for the sake of diversity, without an underlining singular vision. Fishing isn't Warframe. The word has "WAR" in it, ffs!

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

2 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Yes?

Fishing and mining are now necessary parts of PoE. You have to do them it you want what PoE has to offer. You don't like doing them? How can DE change it do that you do? They don't know because you never told them. But that isn't your job. 

They can't change it. No matter how much people hate it. It won't be changed. Feedback won't change anything at this point, because it's too much work. There is a limit to what feedback is capable of on its own. It's not the playerbase's job to understand the themes and genre of the game. Nor is it our job to explain 2+2 to DE.

You forgot the third option, which is to  come on the bloody forum and tell DE you don't want to fish for hours and days.

It's not an option. It was never an option. It's like you honestly believe that someone actually reads all of our conversations and sums up to report to the DE. No. There might be someone writing a brief message to them: "people talk about this, people talk about that". DE themselves might occasionally visit the forums, but mostly forums are here for us venting. It's easier to have a conversation here than on reddit, where the Karma system filters out everything that isn't a meme or a joke, but the underlining issue still stands: There is no direct communication between community and the Devs. So feedback whatever you want, the chance of you ever being heard is one in non-existant. The chance of you actually being listened to is even less than that.

So, realistically, what's the point of saying anything more than what the OP said? None. 

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

So what you're saying is that DE should only make new enemies and weapons then? Because that's all you need to be a space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face. Shouldn't fix armor scaling and damage, because you can be a space Demigod that can shoot enemies in the face. Shouldn't fix any weapons, because you only need a few to be a space Demigod that shoots enemies in the face. That is not all Warframe is. 

New enemies and weapons is just more content on top of the existing content. That's what DE had been doing all this time. It's not working.

The game needs to be restructured on the effort-reward level. Relations between gameplay, economy and gear system need revisiting.

Almost nobody talks about this^ issue. so I have to assume, nobody sees it.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:34 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

If you had a third leg, you wouldn't like it either. Fishing and mining to Warframe is like a third leg to you. With only difference being that having a third leg in real life might actually prove to be useful in certain situations. Fishing and mining in Warframe - wouldn't. Ever. 

It's not like a third leg to me, you're talking to the wrong guy, I like fishing and mining.

Fishing is pretty vestigial and tedious.

Hell, the best part of Plague Star to me is being able to SKIP that.

I've only managed to get my first not-crap amp because of Plague Star, because I could just buy the murkray livers. If I wanted to get those otherwise? I'd have to fish two different kinds of fish for their parts, then buy a bait recipe, then make that bait, then go fishing for that fish with that bait, hope I get enough murkrays for what I need, and THEN I can make my thing. If I don't get enough, I'd need to go back, fish more basic fish, then make more of the rarer bait, then go back out...

Fishing is fine as an OPTIONAL objective, but when things are gated behind it, the whole thing becomes much less fun.