The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, about the Teralyst...

(XBOX)JACK BURT0N LSG

So without looking at how to's on Youtube or the forums I did what I normally do: I scanned the Teralyst to see what its weaknesses were and then adjusted my loadout accordingly. Here's what the game shows:

- Shields: 15000 vulnerable to magnetic damage (this stat is hilarious since its shields can't be damaged by normal weapons. Are the amps magnetic based?)

- Alloy Armor 300(? Really?) vulnerable to puncture and Radiation -  now here's the funny thing: I re-modded my Tigris Prime to pump out 40k Radiation damage, you know, since its supposedly vulnerable to it. You know what I got when I shot the Teralyst on its knee (yes, the shields were down)? A big fat basket of zeros. On the odd shot where the hits would register, I'd get the number 300. A shotgun outputting 40k in radiation damage and the best number I got was 300 on a "level 20" enemy. ....???? I did manage to destroy the knee after what felt like an hour. Yay.

- Robotic 100000 vulnerable to electricity - I brought an electric secondary and it didn't do anything either.

The point being if your going to bother at all with a codex and scans and vulnerabilities, then shouldn't that information be accurate? So after that disappointment I went to Youtube. I even tried an Ice Chroma and the self damaging weapon buffing (Vectis Prime), cheesy nonsense that goes with it. Still nothing. The worst part of this, for me, is the misleading advertising. In the lead up to release, you guys (DE) had an image of "The Great Eidolon hunt" with Gara, Excalibur, Ivara and Banshee displaying a Cernos (Prime?), an ostron weapon and Gara's hammer (name?).

All of the above mentioned frames and weapons have no hope of doing anything to the Teralyst. And yet, all the way up to release, the idea of "bring your frames, weapons and friends for an epic boss fight!" remained as if it were actually true when the real idea was "Bring Ice Chroma, Harrow, Volt, Opticor, etc, etc". This is just kinda dumb. I'm not going to cheese my way through content. If my friends and I can't bring what we want (radiation weapons, etc) with the frames we prefer (as your advertising would suggest), the what the hell is the point to Warframes diversity? Why does this kind of fight even exist outside of a Trial?

And now you're doubling down with a Megalyst. That's 3 people that were going to buy Prime access in appreciation who were turned off and decided that money was better spent elsewhere. I can't blame them. I've been playing for 3 years and I feel the same way right now. Either the Teralyst is glitched or the diversity of play in Warframe is actually meaningless. Either way, the ads leading into this were a flat out lie. There's just no other way to say it.

Oh and the Quills need a bounty system.

I think the Operator outfits are purchasable on the orbiter, so you'll get that much from me at least.

That's my feedback, do with it what you will.

First you brought slash and not puncture, and raw elements don't do that well anyway. The health is only for if you get past armor or as a total. Opticor modded for rad is the best weapon. The Teralyst itself has massive damage reduction thanks to the armor (300) and health pool, approximately 90%. You can bring 3x CP to mitigate this with no loss to DPS, or just deal with it. You need to be in a squad of 4 with a semi-decent setup (NOT slash or magnetic) to do this fight. If you had paid attention to the devs, they said that amps are the only way to strip the shields, and amps are void based, not mag. Plus, multishot numbers are a little wonky on the Teralyst. They still do damage, but show nothing, and if there is any punch through, you may hit an invulnerable spot and then the hurtbox, which would show a 0 and then nothing. Doesn't make sense but that's it. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Eidolon_Teralyst

Honestly I can get not wanting to ruin the plains for yourself but you should check on what the wiki says anyway.

Edited by UmiRyoshu

1 minute ago, UmiRyoshu said:

First you brought slash and not puncture, and raw elements don't do that well anyway. The health is only for if you get past armor or as a total. Opticor modded for rad is the best weapon. The Teralyst itself has massive damage reduction thanks to the armor (3000) and health pool, approximately 90%. You can bring 3x CP to mitigate this with no loss to DPS, or just deal with it. You need to be in a squad of 4 with a semi-decent setup (NOT slash or magnetic) to do this fight. If you had paid attention to the devs, they said that amps are the only way to strip the shields, and amps are void based, not mag. Plus, multishot numbers are a little wonky on the Teralyst. They still do damage, but show nothing, and if there is any punch through, you may hit an invulnerable spot and then the hurtbox, which would show a 0 and then nothing. Doesn't make sense but that's it. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Eidolon_Teralyst

Honestly I can get not wanting to ruin the plains for yourself but you should check on what the wiki says anyway.

I mentioned that weapons don't do anything to the shields, that's why I thought the shield/mag stats in the codex were hilarious.

Again, the point of the Tigris Prime was that if raw elements don't do much, why even bother showing it in a codex scan and misinforming the player?

Have brought 3 players with CP and various high damage weapons (puncture/rad/etc): No real effect.

And again, I'm not arguing that its impossible (probably glitched), I'm asking DE to consider what the hell the point of all the diversity is for in Warframe if they're going to funnel you in a Trials like experience of specific frames, loadouts, setups etc. Why even put something like this in the main game outside of a Trial or Sortie?

No one, including DE, seems to be able to offer any answers about the way it was (falsely)advertised, why the codex scans are so misleading, why they insist upon throwing out Warframe and weapon diversity every time they go near endgame content and why they keep trying so desperately to challenge veterans who (with their amazing Cheeseframe abilities) are never, ever challenged. By anything.

you realize that... just like any other content it CAN be done with any frame, its jut that certain frames are better than others?  you know, just like the entire rest of the game? plus the Megalyst is supposedly being designed to counter the current meta for the Teralyst?

Within the same codex entry that you've mentioned you will also notice that two types of the Teralyst's health (the armor and the robotic part) are affected by Radiation. Knowing that dual elements are typically stronger than single elements (as they are two mods combined) one would, logically, then assume that Radiation is a good idea to bring.

I'm not sure why you talk about diversity but then imply that diversity is being choked out by this enemy when, in reality, it isn't. Certain weapons and certain loadouts are far more effective, yes, but you can accomplish it with anything as long as you have the time and resources to devote to the extra shots you'll have to pump out.
Your argument is akin to saying that Slash is so much more useful than every other proc in the game that there's no reason to use any other proc, at all, while ignoring the beneficial effects of CC-statuses and the usefulness they bring to the table.

2 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

you realize that... just like any other content it CAN be done with any frame, its jut that certain frames are better than others?  you know, just like the entire rest of the game? plus the Megalyst is supposedly being designed to counter the current meta for the Teralyst?

you realize that... no you cannot. Not within the time frame of the night cycle, with hits not registering, and radiation and puncture damage not actually doing anything (Despite what the codex entry says- I noticed you types always ignore that stuff), regardless of the suggested weapons and builds.

I've made my points, I won't go over them again. It's a broken encounter that will be ignored by "newbs" because of the broken mechanics and difficulty and then the "sweaty veterans" because there's literally nothing that challenges them.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

you realize that... no you cannot. Not within the time frame of the night cycle, with hits not registering, and radiation and puncture damage not actually doing anything (Despite what the codex entry says- I noticed you types always ignore that stuff), regardless of the suggested weapons and builds.

I've made my points, I won't go over them again. It's a broken encounter that will be ignored by "newbs" because of the broken mechanics and difficulty and then the "sweaty veterans" because there's literally nothing that challenges them.

but... it can. maybe not solo, but even if every one in the squad is using non-meta frames and weapons, you CAN still take at least 1-2 down per night you just need to know what you're doing. the only thing i can think of is that the hitboxes are buggy on console

6 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

but... it can. maybe not solo, but even if every one in the squad is using non-meta frames and weapons, you CAN still take at least 1-2 down per night you just need to know what you're doing. the only thing i can think of is that the hitboxes are buggy on console

You're kind of making my point. If its not able to be fought solo, even if you somehow found the tenacity to grind out the quills, then what is it doing outside of a Trial or a Sortie? Why even bother to have it at all at this point? This is what irritates me about DE from time to time. I have a PC and I know PC people are more comfortable with this type of stuff. But I will guarantee you that the number 1 reason most console people move into Warframe is because of the matchmaking and the ability to do 99% of the game solo or in a random group if they choose to.

This is the kind of encounter that turns those same people (and that potential revenue) away.

I'm just banging my head against a wall. Don't mind me, I'm just working through my frustration with DE.

Il y a 12 heures, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG a dit :

Are the amps magnetic based?

Void based...and I still have no clue what void damage is supposed to do other then reset damage resistances and finish Vombalysts.

A shotgun outputting 40k in radiation damage and the best number I got was 300 on a "level 20" enemy. ....????

It has more damage resistance then preaty much every other enemy in the game (by deffault).

the diversity of play in Warframe is actually meaningless.

Welcome to the game. For example, most people nowdays only use Mag for her Magnatize (Bullet Atractor) ability, before the re''nerf''work it was the same deal but wih Polarize (Shield Polarize). Renember how there is supposedly synergy in her kit now? Ya, nobody noticed.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I mean I soloed a Big boy sentient with banshee and Paris prime soo...

Edited by StinkyPygmy

7 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

but... it can. maybe not solo

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

35 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Bro, buddy?

I just did a teralyst kill with Oberon and a vectis (would have been capture but one of the lures popped)

Vectis had split chamber, serration, vital sense, point strike, stormbringer, heat, vigilanti armaments. The last slot is supposed to have bladed rounds or a riven but i have neither so dumped wildfire on. I know how frustrating it is. i know because i'm the guy screaming my head off about everything. However it IS doable. It's just... tedious.

Marrik is right. I've solo'd Teralyst with paper frames and tanks alike. You can even utilize archwing into the fight if you want. It can be done and with just about every frame. Evasion is the key and properly placing your shots. The biggest problem that I've actually found with the fight is actually the wonky hit boxes and especially so for the tree arm.

You want cheese mode for any frame? Bring radiation high damage weapons and make them silent. Now pop Itzal and use invisibility. Your frame will be invulnerable during operator mode and you should get use of that down first since that's about 90% of the problem with the fight anyway.

Want to do it as just frames? Sure why not. Evasion is everything and bring restores. Same applies as above with the weapons except you don't need silent unless you're specifically going for a stealth based run with frames like Ivara. Tanks obviously have it easier in this, but the king is Chroma in all honesty. You can literally one shot each limb.

The kicker? All of this is well known and is exactly the reason why they're going Megalyst. Even with that, I still have half an idea on how to beat that into the ground too.

Edited by Cortanis

Besides from there being several options that allow you to finsih one fight a night, why would you assume you can bring just about anything to bring down a boss.

Yet you can't just bring anything to a bossfight and assume it will work. 0 hits usualy come from AoE. The nature of the fight calls for precise weapons, so either reduce spread or use weapons suited for the fight.
With proper CP I had him go down fairly quick. With the complete party setup it is mere seconds. Used to do this with two people at the start (1 run per night, with time left over) and with a full party of randoms before the meta we brought him down easily after the ordeal that his shield was before anyone had decent amps & skills.

To be frank, if you can ONLY do it with the meta setup, you're doing it wrong.

Almost all Corpus-like enemies like Hyenas, Zanuka, Razorback, ect (that have armor+shields) are weak to radiation and/or impact, but mostly radiation.

As you remove his shield with amps armor is the only thing's left so going with electicity/magnetic doesn't make sense. So your next bet should've been radiation as it's the only thing that shows +++ weakness besides magnetic which is again irrelevant because shields you take down with the amps.

simple wiki-

Due to possessing both Alloy Armor and Robotic health, weapons equipped with  Radiation damage will do maximum damage (+75% vs Alloy Armor, +25% vs Robotic), whilst  Puncture will also be reasonably effective (+25% vs Alloy Armor, +15% vs Robotic). Avoid  Slash and  Magnetic as much as possible. Corrosive Projection is recommended to decrease Teralyst`s armor but Shield Disruption has no effect on its shields.

Цитата

now here's the funny thing: I re-modded my Tigris Prime to pump out 40k Radiation damage

And why exactly you stopped there? Shotguns for whatever reasons are ineffective but weapons like sniper rifles or Arca plasmor do wonders as well as weapons like Sicarus or Euphona. 

Shotguns also don't work that well against Lephantis even Tigris so it's not new. It probably has something to do with the way they fire as opposite to snipers that fire a single shot vs million of pellets that eah doesn't deal significant damage.

Edited by -Temp0-

14 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

And why exactly you stopped there? Shotguns for whatever reasons are ineffective but weapons like sniper rifles or Arca plasmor do wonders as well as weapons like Sicarus or Euphona. 

It's the inaccurate multishot. I've ran a lot of different weapons on it testing them out for effectiveness. Even with the all mighty Opticor, if the aoe hits parts that the hit boxes consider invulnerable, with what should have been Chroma one shots it still pulled up a big old goose egg. Similar issues with shotguns plus the added issue of pellets simply missing entirely due to the spreads. Accuracy is pretty much a must and it's why despite being a shotgun, Plasmor does so much better at the job.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:20 AM, Rawbeard said:

unless you start 5 minutes before dawn you can even solo this bastard. stop assuming your experience is THE TRUTH

People like you are the reason I stopped playing on the PC. I'm sure you'd argue that the Sorties are super easy and that everybody does them despite the the achievement for doing just 3 MISSIONS is abysmally low on every platform. The same goes for The teralyst. You can cheeseframe, good for you. Stop assuming your experience represents the majority. You're the 1%, pat yourself on the back because you're the types DE loves to cater to.

Generally I agree with the OP. Had a random terralyst hunt while being titania. She does decent amount of damage to it (I didn't min max or anything) but the other frames didn't manage to contribute much to the overall damage.

While the fight was cool and epic, I still think it takes to long. Especially in not cheese builds, because the cheese builds stomp the terralyst parts in one hit.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

People like you are the reason I stopped playing on the PC. I'm sure you'd argue that the Sorties are super easy and that everybody does them despite the the achievement for doing just 3 MISSIONS is abysmally low on every platform. The same goes for The teralyst. You can cheeseframe, good for you. Stop assuming your experience represents the majority. You're the 1%, pat yourself on the back because you're the types DE loves to cater to.

Yeah that is the other problem.

Generally since bosses are immune to status procs and have some crazy DR that isn't armor (you have the same in sortie assasination.. 1 minute with mesa, nearly an hour with a normal setup), high crit damage weapons work better than status guns like the tigris. But yeah, the eidolons are a bit over the top. I dread the shield phase even more since their is no cheese there.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:21 AM, -Temp0- said:

Almost all Corpus-like enemies like Hyenas, Zanuka, Razorback, ect (that have armor+shields) are weak to radiation and/or impact, but mostly radiation.

As you remove his shield with amps armor is the only thing's left so going with electicity/magnetic doesn't make sense. So your next bet should've been radiation as it's the only thing that shows +++ weakness besides magnetic which is again irrelevant because shields you take down with the amps.

simple wiki-

Due to possessing both Alloy Armor and Robotic health, weapons equipped with  Radiation damage will do maximum damage (+75% vs Alloy Armor, +25% vs Robotic), whilst  Puncture will also be reasonably effective (+25% vs Alloy Armor, +15% vs Robotic). Avoid  Slash and  Magnetic as much as possible. Corrosive Projection is recommended to decrease Teralyst`s armor but Shield Disruption has no effect on its shields.

Shotguns also don't work that well against Lephantis even Tigris so it's not new. It probably has something to do with the way they fire as opposite to snipers that fire a single shot vs million of pellets that eah doesn't deal significant damage.

I tried the Arca Plasmor, the hits doen't even register. It'll tear through a lvl 120 with no problem just not a lvl 20 Teralyst. Makes sense.

I understand how to drop its shields. The whole point of that statement (again) is that it has a codex entry that is entirely false. That's the point. That's the only point I was trying to make. The codex entry for shields is a flat out lie to players looking for that info.

I don't really care anymore anyways. I'm done trying to figure out the Teralyst. If I wanted to shoot at a boss for an hour, I'd play Destiny.

2 minutes ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

Yeah that is the other problem.

Generally since bosses are immune to status procs and have some crazy DR that isn't armor (you have the same in sortie assasination.. 1 minute with mesa, nearly an hour with a normal setup), high crit damage weapons work better than status guns like the tigris. But yeah, the eidolons are a bit over the top. I dread the shield phase even more since their is no cheese there.

Oddly enough, the shields are the easiest part for me. After that it takes a good 30 minutes just to off a knee because it only registers every 2nd or 3rd shot.

I haven't tried Mesa yet lol

Well you need to do the Math so you have

40k Radiation damage, but that is total damage.
It is actually 40 k / 8 ( because it fires 8 pellets ) - so it is 5,000 damage per pellet.

Then there is a damage fall off starting at 10m and 0 damage at 20 meters. 
So say you were 10 meters away you would be doing 50% of the damage. 

so only 2500 per pellet which drops exponentially as it reaches 20 meters. 
So to get 300 you probably were pretty far off firing in the first place.

With that said you don't need to cheese the fight and bring a Chroma.
You are free to fight how ever you want, but it is common sense if you are fighting a high health enemy you want to bright High DPS burst weapons. 

You will also want to use a frame that buffs damage.

Volt can stack his shields to one shot
Rhino can Buff his Damage
Stealth + Sniper Rifles can do high damage with headshot multipliers

You can use Equinox to buff ability damage.
Use damage boost from Mesa's first
Rhino to Buff Damage
Ivara to do high stealth burst damage

You really do have a lot of options besides the cheese method.
You can't say you don't want to cheese then complain cheese method is the most efficient.
Bosses are meant to take time
And cheesing means using the most efficient build possible to reduce time.

1 час назад, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG сказал:

I tried the Arca Plasmor, the hits doen't even register. It'll tear through a lvl 120 with no problem just not a lvl 20 Teralyst. Makes sense.

I understand how to drop its shields. The whole point of that statement (again) is that it has a codex entry that is entirely false. That's the point. That's the only point I was trying to make. The codex entry for shields is a flat out lie to players looking for that info.

I don't really care anymore anyways. I'm done trying to figure out the Teralyst. If I wanted to shoot at a boss for an hour, I'd play Destiny.

Not only it's straigh up misinformation but of such proportion that I can't even.

You never even came close to fighting a Terralyst because then you'd knew you can literally one shot it, alone with several frames, outside of shield phase and shield phase lasts about 15 seconds with upgraded amps. It's literally just as weak of a boss as any other once you upgrade your amps - a single tier 2 prism and the rest parts being tier 1 will be more than enough. If you're in a team of 4 people with kavats, arcanes and certain frames it becomes a total joke, shiled drops in a matter of several seconds. The most time experienced group spend in a fight is charging lures, not fighting the terralyst.

As well as information about Arca plasmor. Terralyst has awful hitboxes so it's almost impossible hit weakspots on his legs from behind for example or when he moves his arms up and down but when it DOES hit a weakpoint it can one-two shot it with a buffer frame aswell, if it did no damage you either was not hitting it or it was awfully modded. 

The phrase about Ice chroma with self-damage weapon not working makes me laugh. Anyone that does it right will one-two shot Terralyst' limb. No exceptions. Even if won't one shot the damage will be insane with his 400-500% buff he can get with hikou or throwing weapon. You're clearly messing something up here big time. If something that everyone's doing is not working for you there's only one explanation. You're doing something wrong. That's about it.

Цитата

This is just kinda dumb I'm not going to cheese my way through content

What is dumb again? Complaining about the boss(!) taking some time to kill with unfit frames(!)and weapons (!)  or complaining that bosses are too easy in this game which majority of players do? People sure do freaking love to complain. And just for the record, you can do just fine with many frames most basic from which is Rhino. If you're not even gonna do that then the question what's more dumb about that situation remains.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

you shouldn't assume. I am sure as F*** not "the 1%", but I do carry inexperienced randos through Teralysts fights, or sorties. is it because I am good? no, sure as hell not. it is because I learned the mechanics over the 5000 hours of gametime I spent in this game. I do take into account worse equipment, but usually what I see is people not paying attention and failing because of that. not thinking which weapons or frames to bring because they "main X and Y". If you don't play the game right, and there is a way to play it right, they you will suck, doesn't mean the game is too hard. it's just too hard if you don't want to "game the mechanics" so to speak.

so, just to make it clear, I solo a Teralyst in maybe around 15 minutes using just a Chroma and my trusty Opticor. I don't think that is a very good time, but I hate to rush. when I tried this the last time it was even without the riven that I accidentally sold (pure 1% power right there). I lost a S#&$ tonne of lures, had to chase him down twice, but at the end I even managed to finish it with a capture. why? because I understand how to charge lures, I know more or less where the camps are to run to and I more or less understand how to avoid Teralysts attacks, though I have my operator at a level where I literally do not need to anymore. all of this is knowledge, not skill.

Does that mean you need that exact Frame and Weapon? F*** no. all that really matters is getting an amp of T2, or T3 if you want to be fancy, so you have like 5 or 6 hits per shot on the shields. and if you can prevent him from teleporting via a lure or two, you save time on hunting and his shields will not be fully charged. take a weapon that does pinpoint, non aoe damage, mod if for radiantion to get more damage and ideally use some frame that can boost damage output, like Rhino, or Octavia, or whatever. you can't tell me Rhino is a high bar here. and oddly enough you can get a free vectis at the moment, which is one of the popular "one shot (but not really)" weapons.

now to get to an amp that can take down the shield in a reasonable time you probably want to not solo him. you probably really want to group up. if you want to have it easy have a trinity in the group to keep lures alive, someone to buff damage and someone to prevent getting magnetic procced during the transitions. oberon can do both at the same time, that crazy boi! so now you have two people, maybe three, and a random, because F*** those guys who are like "chroma, harrow, trin, volt only".

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

Stop assuming your experience represents the majority. You're the 1%, pat yourself on the back because you're the types DE loves to cater to.

Why would you respond to an apparent assumption with another assumption? What's the end goal?