Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Land Vehicles!

Svardraged

Specifically, Motorcycles.

Stick with me for a second, Look at the hills in PoE and tell me you don't want to perform sick-nasty ramps off them in a tricked out corpus styled glowing tron bike.

Look at the smug faces of the Tusk soldiers and tell me you don't want to side swipe them on a hideous Grineer twin wheel that looks like a miniature steam roller with spiky tank tracks for wheels.

Tell me honestly you don't want to hold down the trigger of a chrome tenno gattling gun mounted to the front of a gleaming, french curved, Asian design influenced, tenno-cycle and watch an ogma explode out of the sky.

Tell me you don't want a travel alternative to Archwing that can also add new elements to the game and create the potential for new mission types.

Tell me you don't want racing missions on gleaming corpus highways where you gun down hover transports full of stolen goods.

TELL ME YOU DON' WANT RATHUM AND INDEX RACING MATCHES.

TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT TO CHASE DOWN VAY HEKS MODIFIED TERRA FRAME AS HE FLEES FOR HIS LIFE ON A DUSTY MARTIAN CANYON ROAD TOWARDS A GRINEER BASE AS IT ATTEMPTS TO ANNIHILATE YOU WITH MORTAR FIRE CAUSING ROCK SLIDES EVERYWHERE AS YOU GLIDE ON GLEAMING GOLDEN OROKIN WHEELS.

*ahem*

So yeah they'd be great for less volatile fast travel in the plains.

EDIT: Great Ideas from the thread

Animal mounts and hover bikes.

Also adding the ability to high-jack grineer ships from their camps to transport multiple tenno, making the camps effectively fast travel points.

SECOND EDIT: Archwing

I'm not suggesting this as a replacement just as an alternative that can't be shot down and has no charge limit.

In fact it should probably be a bit slower than the archwing so the archwing still has a clear niche of being the fastest way to travel.

Edited by Svardraged

Or they could just add a bunch of bigger animals or well.. mutant dinosaurs or something, and let us ride those instead since the ostrons probably have some secret way of taming them. I'm guessing the powder seller. That stuff must be potent for him to be so forgetful he keeps talking about my vermilion eyes every time he sees me

1 hour ago, Inquizitor said:

Sounds cool, but consider, its DE game.

They spent over a month creating event, that gave us a f****** Recolored Lephantis as "UNIQUE BOSS".

Bikes? Well, yeah, sure, why not, maybe in 2023 at this rate of DE adding new "CONTENT".

They are even adding recolored Teralyst as "new Eidolon"

2 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Archwing for space, Sharkwing for underwater, Plainwing for sky in open map, Hover-bikes for land. xD

Hover-bikes don’t really fit Warframes theme that well. Unless somehow, DE made them look like Grineer hover-bikes.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Hover-bikes don’t really fit Warframes theme that well. Unless somehow, DE made them look like Grineer hover-bikes.

So dogs/cats and small floating robot above your shoulder fits WF? Having enemies with abilities to disable WF' ability also fits WF? Having to fish in the plain using a fishing spear and not using abilities or other fishing tools (fishing nets, etc) fits WF?

What i'm trying to say is, what fits WF no longer matters now.... WF have way too many stuff that doesn't fit WF universe, and yet DE continues. 

Just now, low1991 said:

So dogs/cats and small floating robot above your shoulder fits WF? Having enemies with abilities to disable WF' ability also fits WF? Having to fish in the plain using a fishing spear and not using abilities or other fishing tools (fishing nets, etc) fits WF?

What i'm trying to say is, what fits WF no longer matters now.... WF have way too many stuff that doesn't fit WF universe, and yet DE continues. 

Yeah, I guess you’re right.

Who says Archwing would be so much faster?
Even if it was...
Motorcycles would be fun.
Or hoverbikes

If DE impliments bikes/land vehicles and adds excavation for mining on PoE, it will basically have 75% of Firefall's good sides of gameplay added.
But also I don't want DE to add bikes because by the time to get to that I'll have something to show on my own sci-fi+fantasy project where motorcycles will also be a thing <_<

They can stick to AW, regrettably.

Archwing has charges. You‘re instantly dismounted from your archwing if you get too close to any grineer thing... DE should just disable abilities and weapons while in plainwing and make the launcher reusable... and everyone is happy (: