Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Finished” the game, now what?

(PSN)rolandassassin

Hello, i have 150 hours in and iam Mastery 10. I finished all missions and quests, have almost every nonvaulted Prime and now what? 

How do these 300+ hours players still enjoy the game? 

Lately after “finishing” the game all i do are relics, sorties, upgrading, getting better gear, leveling syndicates, trading, well.. grinding.

I enjoy the gameplay but i feel at this point that iam just brainwashing myself and becoming “mmo player”

Fun is decreasing very quickly for me now. 

I look at all these missions, alerts, invasions, sorties but feel like there is nothing else do, its just fill. 

Any tips how to further enjoy this? Or this endgame is just not my cup of tea?

Thanks.

you aint finished untill you do everything :

- get all weapons/frames/companions/archwings

- solo every boss ( yes this includes token / key bosses , J3 , Eidolon )

- reach mr 24

- fully unlock your Codex ( get to scaning )

- do the raids ( aka trails ) get all arcane enchantments

- fully unlock focus school

- get every mod ( common , uncommon , rare , legendary , corupted , nightmare , riven , event , augments , exilus )

- farm Kuva to get your broken riven mods

- fashion frame ( the real end-game )

- get everything from Baro Ki'Teer

- get everything from Stalker / Shadow Stalker , Gustrag 3 , Zanuka Hunter

- max out and get everything from Cetus

- max out and get everything from Quills

- get all landing crafts

- solo Stalker / Shadow Stalker , Gustrag 3 , Zanuka Hunter

- get captured by Gustrag 3 and Zanuka Hunter

- finish maxing your syndicates ( and get everything from each one of whem )

- solo build dojo and research

- unlock every achivement

- become OP ( time to forma , power up with potatoes and tomatoes )

- reach 60 mins in survival / 40 waves in defense / 20 rounds in interception on the void highest levels

- 150 hours mean very litle , reach atleast 500 and when you can talk

- study , unlock and learn lore of this game ( kuria / cephalon fragments / 1000 year old fish / etc )

- conclave ( its here , you dont want ? to bad you gota do it to get everything )

- ( optional )  get the legendary ( and meme deserving ) primed chamber mod

Spoiler

Il eddit this in case I forgot something to add

Edited by bad4youLT

Just now, bad4youLT said:

you aint finished when untill you do everything :

- reach mr 24

- get all arcane enchantments

- get every mod ( common , uncommon , rare , legendary , riven , event )

- solo build dojo

Hide contents

I know, but whats the point? I finished solo dojo, atleast 1 of each room. 

Its just grind and for more then 1k+ hours. What is the reward? I know someone enjoy this and iam glad for them but its not for me i guess.

1 minute ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

I know, but whats the point? I finished solo dojo, atleast 1 of each room. 

Its just grind and for more then 1k+ hours. What is the reward? I know someone enjoy this and iam glad for them but its not for me i guess.

you will look less like new player whos questioning "whats next ?"

Edited by bad4youLT

Just now, davej83 said:

the point of game its not only " get all " i really enjoy just do survivals, defense  long runs for fun no need a " meta "  just enjoy the hard work getting and modding all to my style of gameplay.

this , I got 1700 hours on record on steam , personaly never cared about "compliting the game" I just enjoyd the gameplay for 4 years with out brakes

13 hours ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Hello, i have 150 hours in and iam Mastery 10. I finished all missions and quests, have almost every nonvaulted Prime and now what? 

Lately after “finishing” the game all i do are relics, sorties, upgrading, getting better gear, leveling syndicates, trading, well.. grinding.

I enjoy the gameplay but i feel at this point that iam just brainwashing myself and becoming “mmo player”

Fun is decreasing very quickly for me now. 

I look at all these missions, alerts, invasions, sorties but feel like there is nothing else do, its just fill. 

Any tips how to further enjoy this? Or this endgame is just not my cup of tea?

Thanks.

Take a break from time - time & enjoy life in fresh air at times like this, I guess :highfive:

Edited by IIWingSaberII

29 minutes ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

This is a pretty good indicator that you should step away from a game. A lot of gamers aren't even conscious of the transition. You're one of the very few I've heard express it.

Playing WF with a mind to MR and collection is a sure way to ruin it for yourself. If you see something that looks cool, give it a shot. But if new, awesome weapons don't entertain you, and you find Warframe's high-level gameplay too schizophrenic... Then yeah, you shouldn't force yourself to play something you don't really enjoy.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Steam tells me I have 600 hours in this game.  I am MR10, I don't have any prime anything (I have enough stuff to build a Lex prime, but don't want to spend the Orokin cells right now).

I enjoy the game by enjoying the game.  Sure, I still have plenty of stuff I can go get, but I obviously don't pursue it hot and heavy.  I just like slide-bullet-jump-glide-rolling around levels and shooting bad guys in the face.  The game itself is fun to me.  :shrug:

52 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

- reach mr 24

- get every mod ( common , uncommon , rare , legendary , corupted , nightmare , riven , event )

- solo build dojo

- become OP

- study , unlock and learn lore of this game

Hide contents

How about kuria cepalon fragments and plains fish collections?

Asking for reasons to play a video game whose primary purpose is to entertain is...rich with irony. 

If you don't like grinding, MMOs likely aren't for you. Most MMOs have an indeterminate and grindy endgame. It's just a feature of the genre. If you want a defined ending (your use of the term "finished" suggests you are looking for one), I'd suggest you invest some time in the single player market. Steam is having a Fall Sale right now. Good luck. 

Friend, just play the game to have fun.  If it's not being fun, take a break.  Everyone who says "X" is the endgame is really just saying that it is their endgame.  Warframe doesn't really have an "endgame" like most other online games do.  It really does just repeat itself over and over in slightly different ways.  Many of us just enjoy playing it.  Others need to find themselves a reason to keep playing, be it trading or fashionframe or whatever.  At the end of the day, if you feel like you've "beat" the game, then take a break.  Maybe later when there's more new content you'll feel there's more for you to do.  Nothing wrong with taking a break.

You cannot truly complete the game sir/mam, not until the Digital's let Warframe drop dead. If you do not like the "interim prep work" between each content burst however, I throughly reccomend you use the content interim as a vacation from Warframe.

Don't have to drop us completely, just gotta step back a bit and look elsewhere till the next content blast occurs.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

- reach mr 24

- get every mod ( common , uncommon , rare , legendary , corupted , nightmare , riven , event )

- solo build dojo

- become OP

- study , unlock and learn lore of this game

Hide contents

How could you forget kuva farming for that god tier riven fam 

now, you should search for some objectives to do, like:

- doing some weapon/warframe combinations, like Rhino with Sobek + Acid Shells, Zakti + dagger with Covert Lethality... or maybe use some fancy weapons with riven (Tiberon, Burston, Paracyst, Buzlok...)

- set challenges for yourself (like ending an high level spy without an invisible warframe, try operator only or try kill one Teralyst solo)

- help other players, neither on conclave or PvE

- play when you are in mood (while being completionist) and do something outside

- think about stop playing the game for, at least, 6 months and come back (The Sacrifice quest won't arrive this year, anyway)

Edited by Zeyez

1 hour ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

but i feel at this point that iam just brainwashing myself and becoming “mmo player”

1 hour ago, (PS4)rolandassassin said:

Or this endgame is just not my cup of tea?

And thats about it. This game is not for you. Nothing wrong with that. You just happen to know what type of games you enjoy and saw that early.