Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE just remove Operation: Plague Star?

mosaickle

Ah yes, fishing with Infested. I stopped fishing and mining for now.

3 часа назад, (PS4)psycofang сказал:

Look im.not down playing your personal and anecdotal experiences but i feel like you're going a bit too far. Not even "insert buzzword here"ing but if you could use objective information to explain why its irredeemable then i may see it your way.

I will try to explain why I can not wait for this Operation to end. Have you ever been annoyed by a very small but very loud mosquito? This is what Infested are.

IDK about you, but in my case the pod lands ~200m away and not in LoS. I have no desire to watch 3 Infested running around me (and attracting the Grineer), but I can not take my sniper rifle and shoot the pod. I have to go and search for it. And then I kill it, it is only a matter of a couple of minutes for another to spawn.

It was so simple. Go to the shore, kill a dropship waiting for you behind the nearest tree, kill the patrols. Take out your spear, choose the one you need, choose the correct bait and toss it into water, you MUST go and do this very important task now, catch a fish, take out your weapon, kill the Dargin shooting at the water, whyyyyyy you are not doing that important task, you are a terrible person, kill another patrol, take out your spear, switch to correct one, OH NO, WE MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET THAT DRONE, repeat. But now... Why? Just, why?

Anyone else is suspecting that Infested are going to stay on Plains? :crylaugh:

5 hours ago, NSDBL said:

Anyone frame can tank anything but it's the fact that they completely interrupt all sorts of experiences, and if they don't do it themselves, the Grineer start a war against them, disrupting the water and rendering my baiting in hotspots useless.

Everything would be sorted if they don't 'automatically' know where you are despite being permastealthed. If they woudn't "automatically" know where you are and roamed around normally like the Grineer none of this would be an issue.

if your stealthed they shouldnt be able to attack you because they cannot see you.

and the grineer spawn spots fallow you around as well. its just they do not home in on you as easily as infested do.

bring something like ivara with a sentinel that attacks closish range enemies. that way it attacks and kills infested before they get to close so if the grineer show up and start attacking the infested they shouldnt to much disrupt your hotspot. 

i mean come on really? "end the event early because my booster will run out and i dont want to use any of the ways to fish with little interuption"

and i personally love the infested roaming around the plains and i will be sad to see them go. i hope the small boils stay and spawn infested in a largish radius around them with no more drop pods. but doupt it.

10 hours ago, NSDBL said:

No one likes it, it's repetitive, thinly plotted, lacking any sort of real substance worthy of an event, and it makes everything else on the plains unplayable.

I get you're mad, but please don't try to speak for everyone, there's probably quite a few people who still enjoy (or at least tolerate) the event.

it sounds to me like your frustration is getting the better of you, so it would probably be best to just take a break, as long as you got what you needed you don't have to keep playing.

Kind of fun for me.   If night, and a premade squad, 3 hunt Eidalon while 4th solo's event stages till the three are done killing Eidalon.  4th collects cores while others finish up mission.   Repeat.  If in pub, just enjoy it as the best Sentirum and Nyth farm in the game.   4 per run (your choice) and its a decent focus farm as well. 

Nova needs no wings.

If wanting to fish and mine, any good companion or sentinel will deal with enemies.

13 hours ago, NSDBL said:

There's no reason to keep it.

No one likes it, it's repetitive, thinly plotted, lacking any sort of real substance worthy of an event, and it makes everything else on the plains unplayable.

The way that infested AI and the spawning works is probably the most anti-fun mechanic in the game. Even when you're invisible/stealthed, they still run towards you like they know you're there and just stand right on top of you, and more often then not, the Grineer start shooting at you, firing rockets and mortar rounds right on top of your face just because the infested AI is so garbage. Not only, but regardless of where you are, infested spawn points spawn location follows you, so they WILL purposely get in your way regardless of what you're doing.

There is nothing redeemable about the Plague Star event and absolutely no reason to keep it. Can we just end it early?

And yes I'm pissed, I'm all burnt out on Warframe and the plains is the only thing I still play Warframe for, and even that, DE's carelessness will cuck you over. 

So DE should end the event early just for you eh? "No one likes it" - so you've personally spoken with every Warframe player to get this data? Judging from the crowds around Nakak, I'd say your estimation is wrong. And by the way - ALL Warframe events are repetitive. 

Seriously, step away from the game for a while, if you're burnt, walk away. Ive been playing since the get go and I take months off at a time - the grind and repetition can grind you down if you dont.

Edited by Mavor

3k points = 4x heart nyth or radian sentrium = 12x normal nyth or sentrium, which can easily take you two hours to farm normally, and you can do PS in 15-20 mins. Then there's the pre built forma, good arcanes, good zaw strikes, and a ton of XP from each run. The event is great. If you don't like it, play a different mode. I haven't seen anyone say anything other "Go get some easy forma and Eidolon Gems".

I happen to like the Plague Star event.  I think it has lasted for the just right amount.  I have done it nearly enough times to personally get a Shadow Clan Gold Trophy.  I have only had two issues:  The first is the one cave to the right of Cetus gate takes way too long since more often than not it wants the camp on the other side of the Plains.  When that one comes up I just abort mission and try again in a couple of hours. 

The second if the nature of the mixture additives.  For the most part, the community has been really good about contributing their far share.  However, the last couple days, I have only been in squads where myself and one other person contribute.  The Infested additive wasn't as big of deal to me as I have tons of the resources, but I didn't play the Plains enough for those resources so I only have so many.  It seems every time anymore, it is a game of chicken to see if the squad is willing to not add all of the additives.  With as much disdain there is for leechers, I am little surprised this has been brought up much.

I figure I will still do the event a few more times as I still would like a few more of the rewards.  However, even if I don't, I have had a good run of it.  I like it better than the Fomorian Armada (even though I like archwing) and it is pretty neck and neck with Razorback.

7 минут назад, _Vortus_ сказал:

Yes, it takes three of the raw material to make one cut gem.    The event is a gem mine of the highest order.

You may want to check it and recalculate your time spent/items got values. For me it is raw 3 gems = 3 cut gems.

Oh and with a booster you get rare 2 gems from a vein.

Edited by rand0mname

28 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

You may want to check it and recalculate your time spent/items got values. For me it is raw 3 gems = 3 cut gems.

Oh and with a booster you get rare 2 gems from a vein.

Won't be able to double check myself in actual game till later this afternoon.    But, have built quite a few.   And quick wiki check (granting wiki isn't always spot on) shots it takes 3 raw to make 1 gem.    Maybe a nomenclature issue between us as well, or you might have one of the best glitches ever.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Nyth

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Radian_Sentirum

12 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Won't be able to double check myself in actual game till later this afternoon.    But, have built quite a few.   And quick wiki check (granting wiki isn't always spot on) shots it takes 3 raw to make 1 gem.    Maybe a nomenclature issue between us as well, or you might have one of the best glitches ever.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Nyth

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Radian_Sentirum

Hotfix 22.0.3

• Eidolon Gems are now built in batches of 3.

you get 3 cut gems from 3 raw gems

I didn't even bother to complete this event even once after I got spammed with level 50 mortars and level 30 infested in a level 25 mission. Seriously, I started the Plague Star bounty, level 25-30 if I remember correctly, and the first thing I see is infested spawning right in my face and level 50 bombards shooting me from half accross the map. I didn't even make it through the first 2 stages of the bounty because of this crap.

So what does this mean? Basically it means that I 'm not getting sh*t from this bounty because it's a even bigger pain that farming Ivara or playing with a Troll-Limbo in your squad.

Seriously, I already got so disappointed with the PoE update (Who would have guessed... ._.) after just 10 minutes of gameplay and serious grinding, that I already stopped playing on the plains after 3 days because it's just not worth my time.

37 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I didn't even bother to complete this event even once after I got spammed with level 50 mortars and level 30 infested in a level 25 mission. Seriously, I started the Plague Star bounty, level 25-30 if I remember correctly, and the first thing I see is infested spawning right in my face and level 50 bombards shooting me from half accross the map. I didn't even make it through the first 2 stages of the bounty because of this crap.

So what does this mean? Basically it means that I 'm not getting sh*t from this bounty because it's a even bigger pain that farming Ivara or playing with a Troll-Limbo in your squad.

So you played once, got out of the door and had level 50 bombards doing the impossible? Then the first stage is very easy, you just run in, grab toxin, run out. 2nd and 4th stages are the "hardest" with 2nd being harder than 4th (unless infested boss is there but even then)

But if you are playing in public then this bounty should be relatively if not incredibly easy. Most of the time you are likely to be matched up with at least 3 other people who are capable of carrying you through while you do the bare minimum of helping. There isnt really any system as far as im aware to match you up with players close to your rank. So your likely to wind up 3 decked out players who have played it enough times (ie once or twice) to know how to get through it relatively easy. Bonus luck if you get an Ember on your team.

Not really any "crap" in it. You just gave up at the start because it seemed to hard instead of seeing if trying something else or if joining another group would help any.

Edited by Sithalo

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

I see my mistake.   It shows as 3/1 and it means 1 batch of 3 rather than 1 single.    Still, 20 minutes or so for the event run is still better than mining as the rng of finding them is pretty bad.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

Seriously, I already got so disappointed with the PoE update (Who would have guessed... ._.) after just 10 minutes of gameplay and serious grinding, that I already stopped playing on the plains after 3 days because it's just not worth my time.

What...? This whole Event is incredibly easy, I'd wish the Eidolon Phylaxis and Catalyst would increase the enemy level even more for better Focus Farming while doing it. If it's too hard for you then that's certainly not the event being hard, that's you running around with what... weapons without any Mods equipped? Rank 0 Frame without Vitality? 

Level 30 Infested... wow, you say that is if that's something incredibly hard to go up against.:facepalm:

Trying to mine, every other gem node as I try and look at it to make the line last longer to trace and half way through cutting and damn infested runs up and blocks a bit of the beam. #4, murderous rampage kill a few camps and spawners. Go back to mining, repeat.

I dont think this will get any better when they add grineer zombies to the plains. 24/7 harassment is likely going to stay. Zombie drillers going to just pop up under you if they sense you 500m away. Suicide demo zombies running at you the moment you stop to fish. I really dont like the thought. I have no proof its going to be this bad. But come on, Its a pretty solid guess.

Its not like the lvls you fight are hard. But its the fact you need to build and cheese around the idea of anti-annoyment, like a mosquito in the bedroom at night, or a cricket in a vent. As all these units seem purely as a test of patiences. DE has gone full Grineer on the plains. Never go full Grineer.

Edited by Firetempest

Только что, _Vortus_ сказал:

I see my mistake.  It shows as 3/1 and it means 1 batch of 3 rather than 1 single.    Still, 20 minutes or so for the event run is still better than mining as the rng of finding them is pretty bad.

It is all subjective :)

For you, Plague Star is a good way to get some gems. Someone else farms Forma this way. I got all I wanted already and while it was fun watching Ember vaporizing Hemocyte, I would like to do something else.

I like to mine gems on a way to the next stage of a regular bounty and since I have a booster running I get 2 gems from one lucky cut. I also receive tons of other materials, a chance for a mod I do not have, lenses and wisps. I also stealth farm focus on Plains. After I finish lvl 5 bounty, I go and fish and wait for Incursion I like (hey, 800 reputation and a slim chance for that Archwing mod).

And then Infested start to fall from the sky.

They are like a bad Limbo player in PUG -  you have to play by the rules you may not want to play by. Yes, you can leave and yes, there are ways of dealing with it... But look at the amount of rage Limbo gets. Why?

Yes, I do run Ivara, but Infested do find me somehow. Yes, I am constantly stealthed, by they still manage to draw attention of that bombard and his pals and that mortar cannon and I have to drop whatever I have been doing and deal with them. Again. And again. And again. And again.

And all that noise... All the time.

I do not wish for event to be over prematurely, but I can not wait for Infested to go back to Eris.

16 минут назад, Firetempest сказал:

Trying to mine, every other gem node as I try and look at it to make the line last longer to trace and half way through cutting and damn infested runs up and blocks a bit of the beam. #4, murderous rampage kill a few camps and spawners. Go back to mining, repeat.

I dont think this will get any better when they add grineer zombies to the plains. 24/7 harassment is likely going to stay. Zombie drillers going to just pop up under you if they sense you 500m away. Suicide demo zombies running at you the moment you stop to fish. I really dont like the thought. I have no proof its going to be this bad. But come on, Its a pretty solid guess.

I am afraid you are correct, but I hope that you are wrong. As if Leapers vomiting into water was not enough -_-