Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods have gone too far

Luc1fer16

Then why buy something with that amount? I never buy an item for more than 120p at most, and even then it has to be the case where I am absolutely frustrated or too lazy which rarely happens. With careful safe investments and patience, I have amassed quite a good routine and getting everything I could possibly want. The biggest challenge is to fight against your own emotions and mainly anxiety that you have to have everything now or soon and as any good businessman knows, that impulse is something you have to learn to clam down to be able to make great deals consistently. My fortune was my big brother who studied to become an economist and then teaching me basics more or less.

Some of those "god tier" rivens allegedly worth 2k plat are actually trash.
Some of those expensive rivens are worth 2k for the person who really likes the weapon.
Some of the expensive top tier rivens I've seen had 60+ rolls on them - seller worked hard to make it that good.
You don't have to like it, but it's the way it is. If you find the pricing ridiculous, buy an unrolled one and work your way - that's what I usually do.

6 hours ago, saradonin said:

Some of those expensive rivens are worth 2k for the person who really likes the weapon.
Some of the expensive top tier rivens I've seen had 60+ rolls on them - seller worked hard to make it that good.
You don't have to like it, but it's the way it is. If you find the pricing ridiculous, buy an unrolled one and work your way - that's what I usually do.

This is a good point. Someone has all right to still a Riven for 2k if they rolled it 60x. That's a lot of Kuva farming. 

A buyer has all right to pay that price if it's worth it to them. Ive earned over 15k+ in plat through trading, 2k plat to me is really nothing... It's practically free. 

2k are perfect rolled ones. You can buy crap rivens for next to nothing, 15-50p for a highly sought after weapon one with trash rolls and put the time and effort into it yourself to make it perfect.

Yes ones people have farmed and put hours upon hours into are worth a ton, for good reason too. It's the top tier ones that can turn a meh weapon into a better then meta weapon. For most it's not worth it, but if it's a gun that you absolutely love but can't use anymore, it's worth it even more to you.

Don't forget also, this games been around for a long time. For the people who have played the market smart and been selling stuff all along, they literally have 50k or more plat. Check a few of the youtube channels for warframe. I've seen people with over 100k plat. I've done pretty good myself, but I don't hang onto more then 10k. I personally stock up on stuff that I know will be useful down the line.

Also the road goes both ways with rivens. You can quite easily buy a bunch cheap, put the work in, and yourself be selling them for 2k+ afterwards.

On 11/26/2017 at 6:25 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

At least there is an excuse for Primed Chamber because of it's rarity. Not many people got it from the original even and sence then it's preaty much only been given out to one lucky tenno on a Devstream...which feels like it happens once in every century.

Still technically not exclusive.  As in DE is free to burst that bubble at any moment and add it as a normal drop to the game if they want.

12 hours ago, saradonin said:

*shudders* currently at 55 rerolls on my mios riven, my braton one is at 35ish, so much kuva farming...

On 11/26/2017 at 5:37 AM, elpapitoluizito said:

WTF,how do you ask 2k pl for a mod?

Just because someone is Asking for that price doesn't mean they always will make a sale in the end. You're getting worked up over looking at prices in chat of people who spam their same trading ad for the dozenth time every 2 minutes when they're allowed to post again.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, elpapitoluizito said:

Seriously is people crazy?this mods are destroying the economy in game now everything is cheaper and eiven mods selling for 2000 pl

WTF,how do you ask 2k pl for a mod?wtf?you can buy all the primes in the game with all that pl,what happens in the brain of the people?

Literally when DE invented this godlike mods they destroyed the whole economy of the trading chat.

This is stupid, You don;t NEED a Riven, and none are worth 2K plat, if you think you need to buy it, or worry about them being on the market, you have your priorities in the wrong place, They are not "godlike", they are not required to make a weapon good.

If idiots want to spend 2K on a Riven, let them waste their money. Why do you "need" one? Why do you think this even warrants a forum post?

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This is stupid, You don;t NEED a Riven, and none are worth 2K plat, if you think you need to buy it, or worry about them being on the market, you have your priorities in the wrong place, They are not "godlike", they are not required to make a weapon good.

If idiots want to spend 2K on a Riven, let them waste their money. Why do you "need" one? Why do you think this even warrants a forum post?

Hide your Tigris for a second and tell that to Synapse, Amprex and plenty of other weapons that fall short at 40-60 level without rivens, yet they're perfectly fine for 100+ with good rolls. Not saying it's worth to spend 2k on it, but many weapons desperately NEED rivens to be viable for anything higher than exploring a starchart. There are Tenno who don't always follow meta and appreciate certain weapons for aesthetics or unique mechanic and want them to be usable in any kind of content.

Edited by saradonin

Why NOT worth 2K plat? Personally, i do not own any GODlike Rivens, also i do not own 1000 plat+ but... It`s an Ultrarare Mod which makes ur Weapon insane GOOD. Even a useless one can easy outstrip even most powerful weapons. So why not to pay 5000 plat for it? 

On 11/28/2017 at 1:57 AM, saradonin said:

Hide your Tigris for a second and tell that to Synapse, Amprex and plenty of other weapons that fall short at 40-60 level without rivens, yet they're perfectly fine for 100+ with good rolls. Not saying it's worth to spend 2k on it, but many weapons desperately NEED rivens to be viable for anything higher than exploring a starchart. There are Tenno who don't always follow meta and appreciate certain weapons for aesthetics or unique mechanic and want them to be usable in any kind of content.

The weapons you're talking about aren't the ones with 2k plat rivens.

12 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm not sure why... Companies actually hire economists to better understand economies within a game... That's an actual job...

Only one afaik and that’s eve online.

which is less a game than a spreadsheet/economics simulator.

overall though rivens aren’t an issue, if you don’t like them, ignore them? Just sell any you get from sorties for the 30/40p. 

Just because someones asking 2k plat in trade for a riven doesn’t mean it’s worth that much, and you’ll see these same people selling the same rivens for months on end without a sale, it’s not like it hurts anyone, they’re worth whatever buyers decide to pay.

if someone decides an opticor riven is worth 1500p and they’re happy to pay that? Why the F*** does that matter to YOU? 

Likewise I don’t really use, nor like the opticor so I wouldn’t pay more than 100p for a riven for one.

Its a buyers market where buyers set the price, if no one ever bought expensive rivens prices would drop, but prices are high because people deem them worthy of such prices

This is actually an easy fix. Impatient rich bois need to stop paying REDICULOUS amounts for items. LOL jk I almost always buy prime access. But in all seriousness, this is exactly why I don't buy things at current value. Someone will say "well this normally goes for 500p" my response is always "I don't care what it goes for, it's a mod in a videogame and it's not worth like $30 lol

On 11/26/2017 at 5:58 AM, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

and primed chamber costs ~$5000

its more on the lines of $500 ish (https://warframe.market/items/primed_chamber) but its still ridiculously expensive.

I dont mind the price drop, mostly becasue I never sold anything due to the wallet-ban isshue thing that can happen. if its expensive I am more likely to keep  a hold of it becasue I dont want to get scamed.

Not very interested in most rivens. on occasion they will peek my interest but its not that fun for me.

The reason why rivens cost so much is only when they are ridiculously overpowered. Ridiculously overpowered rivens are fairly rare. If it was super easy to get a ridiculously overpowered riven then they wouldn't be so expensive. Economies can't be broken with the introduction of an item like that. The economy balances itself out. It's supply and demand. Basic economics. You're just complaining for no reason bro.

3 hours ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

its more on the lines of $500 ish (https://warframe.market/items/primed_chamber) but its still ridiculously expensive.

I dont mind the price drop, mostly becasue I never sold anything due to the wallet-ban isshue thing that can happen. if its expensive I am more likely to keep  a hold of it becasue I dont want to get scamed.

Not very interested in most rivens. on occasion they will peek my interest but its not that fun for me.

i based my original price of non discounted base platinum. all the higher packs are discounted (give you some additional plat). I dont know where you got $500 from because primed chamber is worth about 60k platinum and even the most discounted plat bundle (4300 for $200) only gets you 10700 for $500 (buying 2 of the top pack and 1 of the $100 pack)

i see 40000 plat minimum for primed on the market right now. assuming that is the one you got and you bought nothing but the most efficient spread of packs to reach that it would still cost you $1870 (9 of the top pack 1 of the 1000 pack and 1 of the 370 pack) leaving you 70 platinum to spare

Edited by ---Quill-Onkko---

4 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

i based my original price of non discounted base platinum. all the higher packs are discounted (give you some additional plat). I dont know where you got $500 from because primed chamber is worth about 60k platinum and even the most discounted plat bundle (4300 for $200) only gets you 10700 for $500 (buying 2 of the top pack and 1 of the $100 pack)

i see 40000 plat for primed on the market right now. assuming that is the one you got and you bought nothing but the most efficient spread of packs to reach that it would still cost you $1870 (9 of the top pack 1 of the 1000 pack and 1 of the 370 pack) leaving you 70 platinum to spare

But discounted plat is a common thing on PC, and is when most people will buy huge amounts of plat.

£34ish for the 4300 plat bundle with a 75% discount cose

you would need 9.3x4300 for that primed chamber, so 10 of the top packs at £34 each

£340 is how much it would cost for primed chamber, minus the fact you could buy the last bit for a smaller bundle, so more around £320 for primed chamber.

1 minute ago, zornyan said:

But discounted plat is a common thing on PC, and is when most people will buy huge amounts of plat.

you would need 9.3x4300 for that primed chamber, so 10 of the top packs at £34 each

£340 is how much it would cost for primed chamber, minus the fact you could buy the last bit for a smaller bundle, so more around £320 for primed chamber.

that's a very long hard to play game. in my entire time playing the game iv'e only gotten about 5,  75% discounts. using login reward discounts is not an acurrate way to judge prices because it is not a guaranteed nor a consistent price

39 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Common for who? I have never received a 75% discount, all I have ever received of note is a 50% discount once. We can't keep basing value off of people getting 75% discount, it is very narrow minded. Yeah some people get the discount, lucky them, not everybody does. So please stop basing values based around 75% plat discounts.

1 hour ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

i see 40000 plat minimum for primed on the market right now. assuming that is the one you got and you bought nothing but the most efficient spread of packs to reach that it would still cost you $1870 (9 of the top pack 1 of the 1000 pack and 1 of the 370 pack) leaving you 70 platinum to spare

I think when I looked, there was a lower then 40k. it was like 9k or something.