Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1/PS4: Post U22.3.5 Crashes (December 7th Updates!)

[DE]Megan

Hello Xbox Tenno!

As of this mornings Update 22.3.5, we have been gathering reports of crashes when entering the Plains from Cetus.

We're currently investigating these crashes on our end, but require your assistance to best reproduce these issues.

If you experience a crash, please reply with the following information:

1. Are you Solo, in a squad, or waiting for other players to join?
  2. If you were in a squad, did they crash as well and what are their Gamertags?
  3. What were you doing in-game when the crash occurred?

Thank you for assisting us as we further investigate these crashes! 

2:37PM EDIT: 

Can those experiencing crashes please hard restart their Xbox (hold down the power button) and restart Warframe from the 'My games and apps' App.

Thank you!

December 1st 3:00 PM EDIT: 

Hey Tenno, we've received multiple reports that since Operation: Plague Star went live the crashes have increased when attempting to enter the Plains after having selected the Plague Star Bounty from Konzu. 

We're still investigating and will update you as soon as we can. 

December 1st 5:25 PM EDIT: 

Since Update 22.3.5, we have been investigating a crash that occurs when attempting to enter the Plains from Cetus. When “Operation: Plague Star” went live today at 2 p.m. ET, it became rampant on Xbox One. With the “Plague Star” Bounty selected from Konzu, attempting to enter the Plains resulted in a high chance of crashing out of Warframe and onto your dashboard. 

In an attempt to alleviate the crash frequency, and to get you guys back out into the Plains for Operation: Plague Star, we have lowered the player capacity in Cetus instances on Xbox One AND PS4. This is a temporary workaround while we continue our investigations into a more permanent solution. This should help reduce the crashes, but keep in mind that there is still work to be done and crashes may still occur. 

Thank you for all your patience! We'll keep you updated here as we make progress towards a fix. 

December 5th 11:28 PM EDIT: 

We’ve made more changes to Cetus instances in a hotfix that just went live that should help alleviate crash frequency when transitioning into the Plains. Work is still ongoing on a more permanent solution to this, and we apologize for the trouble. 

December 7th EDIT: 

Due to the crash when transitioning into the Plains from Cetus at the launch of Operation: Plague Star on both XB1 and PS4, we have extended the Operation to Monday, December 18th at 2 p.m. ET.

We realize this has greatly impacted your ability to play and participate in “Operation: Plague Star” on XB1 and PS4. Days of earning Standing for Operational Supply Rewards and Hemocyte Cystoliths for Clan Trophies were at stake for many of you who couldn’t enter the Plains without crashing.  

We have made a couple temporary, but hopeful fixes (noted in this thread) since then to help reduce the high crash frequency on XB1. These fixes were also executed on PS4, as similar issues existed but at a much lower rate.Those fixes, and what resulted from them, allowed us to make serious headway late last night on what was discovered to be a memory allocator bug affecting both consoles. As a result, we published an update on XB1 today roughly around 1 p.m. ET that reduced 1.8 GB of memory and address previous issues with Texture Streaming. PS4 will receive a similar fix in a later update, that will address 200 MB of memory. We’re hopeful that this will knock down another pin in our investigations. We are still working on solving the crash as whole, but for the time being this should greatly decrease its prevalence on XB1 when transitioning into the Plains.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Dec 5th edit

Playing Solo but with matchmaking set to Public.

Travel to Cetus. Fast Travel to Konzu. Select bounty (3rd one - lvl 20 -40). Go through first door. Stop in front of second door. Watch the loading icon spin for about 60 seconds. Loading icon disappears for a few seconds. Crash to dashboard.

Each time several other players joined and left so I'm guessing they were crashing but I don't know their gamertags.

New development. I was actually able to get onto the plains. Once. Out of six attempts. Completed the bounty. Got the final reward. Crashed to dashboard.

To fix it go to South America Region... crashes less often. Just make sure to go back if your not in the plains. This wont mess with groups of people it will however not show people in Cetus from other regions. As long as everyone is at the door everyone should load in.

This has been happening since PoE launched at least one person from my group would get dash boarded a night fighting the Eidolon. Sometimes the host would get dash boarded on the last part of the fight when the vomvalysts will try to heal it end up getting in with the lures dead and the Eidolon at full health...

Edited by (XB1)Fafnir Ragnarok

Figured I'd say how they occurred for me so you can atleast attempt to recreate the crashes; It only occured when in a squad i wasn't the leader of, when in the loading from Cetus to the plains (directly going to the plains from orbit had no issues.. I should also note nobody was bullet jumping/running around, just remaining stationary) - I crashed, reloaded and rejoined twice untill my third attempt - at that point it wouldnt sign me in after loading the game, saying "Login failed. Cannot connect to the servers". I tried several times with no luck, but a hard reset (holding the power off symbol for 10 seconds) fixed it. Can't complain though! Despite the bugs, this is the best F2P game I've came across, an insane amount of content.. ofcourse there'll be a few issues. Keep up the good work! :)

even after hard resetting my Xbox One, i still encounter problems with cetus, either i can not load back into it or trying to get into the plains can outright crash the game (i was solo when going into the plains and i was with a squad when trying to load back into cetus, directly after capturing a eidolon so all rewards from that were gone)

Have made dozens of attempts at running bounties, T3-T5. It does seem to dashboard a lot more frequently when connecting to a session already in progress. The few times it let me be host (i was the only one on the plains for a minute or two before anyone joined) it worked fine. So far i tried a hard reset, but that only seemed to get the first mission to not crash. Any subsequent missions returned to having a high probability of crashing. I never got two successfull back-to-back bounty runs in today. It would always crash for the second one, even after returning to my orbiter. 

Running solo, however, does seem to help. But it still suffers from a guaranteed crash or connection issue every 3 bounty runs or so, the same as it has been since before the patch (in my case anyways)

I have not attempted running with any clan mates or friends doing the trick of having one person grab the bounty and load into the plains while everyone waits in their orbiter ships, then get invited once the host is loaded into the plains. This was our tactic to get a full group into a bounty session with as little crashing and losing people as possible. Will test this later once people start hopping on.

EDIT: P.S. i did have one rare occurence of loading into a T5 bounty session only to find one guy fishing, and no bounty objective markers. Verified that the enemies where all lvl 65, so the session started out as a T5 bounty, but it got completed, yet was still allowing people to matchmake into it....

EDIT 2: Crashes all occur right at the second door leading out to the plains, after accepting a bounty. I was solo queuing into random groups (for the most part.) The game would load for a minute, I would see the names of people in the group (if joining mid session) come across the bottom right, then a slight freeze and get dashboarded. If I actually got out to the plains, it would not crash for the duration of the session. Only while loading into a random group (public queue).

Edited by (XB1)Furious Kaiser

For me the hard reset improves the performance to the dreadful level before the recent update.  Crashes to dashboard no longer occur before doing any bounties, but are still very likely to occur when I try to load a second bounty (after completing the first and grabbing a new one from Konzu).

Always between the doors, after others appear in the squad, and at the point when the doors would open to release me into the plains.  Seems to happen when I am not the host.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

1. Are you Solo, in a squad, or waiting for other players to join?

A: I have been in all 3 situations above and crashed.

2. If you were in a squad, did they crash as well and what are their Gamertags?

A: Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn’t. Gamer tags are Rathalos, EVIL JOKER, ShroudedFox821, NamelessWhisper.

3. What were you doing in-game when the crash occurred?

A: waiting at Cetus gates loading area to enter plains, waiting at Cetus gates loading area to return TO Cetus from plains, fighting eidelon, doing bounties, arriving to or leaving from Cetus in my ship.

my overall experience on warframe today :

—__________—

hope we we can get this fixed b4 event

Edited by (XB1)Slimm qp ReapeR

Hey Megan - was having some major issues. Crashed in solo, solo/public MM, going in with friends. All inside the gate.

Some crashes coming out of bounties, usually seems to be issues with host switching. Seems people are afraid of crashes so the host goes solo as soon as the last bounty stage is over.

The worst issues are in free roam.  5 Eidolin caps now where we kill him and can't extract without an issue. I'm out 125,000 in focus.

Tried the hard reset and actually haven't had too many issue....hoping that's a good temporary fix. WIll let you know if there are more issues

Please let me know if there's anything youd like me to try out. I'd like to help.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ColllinIsBallln said:

Hey Megan - was having some major issues. Crashed in solo, solo/public MM, going in with friends. All inside the gate.

Some crashes coming out of bounties, usually seems to be issues with host switching. Seems people are afraid of crashes so the host goes solo as soon as the last bounty stage is over.

The worst issues are in free roam.  5 Eidolin caps now where we kill him and can't extract without an issue. I'm out 125,000 in focus.

Tried the hard reset and actually haven't had too many issue....hoping that's a good temporary fix. WIll let you know if there are more issues

Please let me know if there's anything youd like me to try out. I'd like to help.

Having the same issues after the hard reset. Got lucky on the first few runs I guess.