Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1/PS4: Post U22.3.5 Crashes (December 7th Updates!)

[DE]Megan

Hey guys. A work around that seems to work for me is I load into the plains first, then go into Cetus, get the bounty from Konzu and head back into the plains and I don' experience a crash. I do however have to return to my orbiter after completing the plague star bounty otherwise it will crash.

Here is the system me and some friends and clan mates ran for the Operation to minimize crashes:

One person, the host, enters Cetus from orbit while everyone else waits in their ships. Once in Cetus, the host heads straight to Konzu (bounty guy) without talking to anyone else, grabs the bounty, then heads out the gate once the bounty timer ticks down the 5ish seconds. Once out on the plains, the host waits about 15 secs after exiting the doors, then starts inviting everyone in. If anyone has an issue getting in, we wait outside near the gate until everyone is in the session. We proceed once everyone is good.

Once the mission is done, everyone heads back to the gate to Cetus and enters. Once inside Cetus, we hit up the vendors and whatever else we need. Once we are done with the vendors, we all head to our ships. The designated host then heads back to Cetus, and the whole process repeats.

So far, had a dozen successful runs in a row, before I had a hard crash to dashboard myself. It happened mid mission, so I am not saying it is the same as the crashes that happen while trying to load onto the plains (that seem to be the main issue.) Also had a few disconnects (not crashes to dashboard) of some of the other party members, but they were able to rejoin quickly; these were attributed to internet connections going on the fritz momentarily, and were few and far in between.

Here are the things we have noticed to consistently cause, or highly increase the probability of, a hard crash while trying to load into the plains from Cetus:

1)  Talking to and looking at the inventory of any of the vendors prior to accepting a bounty and exiting.

2)  Trying to attempt a second bounty session after returning to Cetus from a completed bounty session.

3)  Trying to invite anybody onto the plains who is already in Cetus (and not in their ship) This usually caused the person in Cetus to crash, nobody else.

Things we noticed that do NOT appear to effect the probability of a crash:

1)  Chatting in alliance, clan, region chats, or PMs while loading in the gate room. Reading or sending XBL messages had no effect either.

2)  Using the fast travel to get to Konzu quickly as soon as you load into Cetus initially.

I hope this info helps, however I cannot guarantee that it will help everyone as different things seem to effect different people differently.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:10 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Are you Solo, in a squad, or waiting for other players to join?
  • If you were in a squad, did they crash as well and what are their Gamertags?
  • What were you doing in-game when the crash occurred?

day 1 of event

I have tried solo set as friends only an invite only an still crash as planned on inviting friends in
gone in public an as soon as the door is opened crash

if did get into the bounty would get host migration an lose connection to server an sent back to the ship, or just plain crash mostly on the boil stage start.

day 2 

on mixer stage cant see how much of what anyone put into the mixer
still getting crashes but rarely
host migrations with rare chance to return to squad
rarely if you load into plague star bounty an person who started up the bounty gets crashed when enter the plains there no bounty

the host migration of one person is happening much more often 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH >:c this dam host migration of single person is pissing me off i keep losing out on large chunk of standing for the event
losing all the infested catalysts an eidolon playhix wasted on mission that i dont get the standing that would have gotten if i the game didnt boot me out.

day 3
only bug was the boss having rubber skin texture
then have client mismatch infomation pop up an throw me back into cetus
game crashing quite often an getting to point i rather do other things than do the event itself an save myself from wanting to throw the controler into the tv

day 4
has been more stable tho can only do 1 bounty at max with random squad as game would crash if tried to do 3rd try with them an game crashes
no host migration that pretty much booting you out of the game

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89
additional info

18 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

We have just rolled out a fix that should hopefully address this issue. Can we please get some people to attempt to load Cetus / Plains / Operation Plague Star and let us know if you are still experiencing this crash?

Thanks!

Still crashing even solo interacting with turrets or flying around is a freeze. this has happened multiple times W\out fail. everything outside of the plains works without a hitch. but loading in or joining people in multiplayer same result in plains it locks up and Error 404.

Yes I keep having this happen we are in a squad of 2 set to invite only and I’d say 2 out of 5 bounties we are getting sent to dashboard. It has also kicked me when we just have completed the bounties on our way to extractionIt. looks like we get that standing when that happens but none of the end game rewards. My Gamertag is Bionicman9255.  Please help.  Thanks so much love the game. 

I have questions about a bug... besides just whats going on... i was playing 2 to 3 days ago and what ended up happening was it wasnt sync to my account. so the game kicked me to the main screen due to the amount of attempts it had made to sync to my account... it then proceeded to say that i couldn’t get past the start screen with it saying cant log in: due to amount of failed attempts. so i reset the game. go to log in again, this time i could get past the initial start up screen! what do i do? is there anything DE can do? i havent been able to play for 2-3 days? S.O.S! please help!?! is this happening to anyone else on xbox1 or PS4? if so what did they say to you about it? ive even created a ticket for assistance... 4 actually... not one has received a answer 

Edited by (XB1)ChefsS4ltyB4LLS
needed to add important info

Played in Squads, but happened in solo as well. Others in my squad did crash but I do not remember their gamertags. Prior to crash I was standing and waiting for the doors to open with my other squad mates.

Have had very few successful attempts and I can sometimes manage to finish 1 bounty but when I load in to do another, game crashes. Hoping this can be fixed soon!

Edit: Have tried hard resetting my Xbox but does not work.

Edited by (XB1)SilverWolf198

On 12/1/2017 at 5:49 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

We have just rolled out a fix that should hopefully address this issue. Can we please get some people to attempt to load Cetus / Plains / Operation Plague Star and let us know if you are still experiencing this crash?

Thanks!

So when can we expect a fix for this bug? 

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Saske

Can we get a extension on the event?

not sure if anyone else is having an issue with disconnects or not but since update 22.3.5 has dropped about 30% of my public sessions end with me getting disconnected from the host at random times and kicked back to my orbiter. never had these issues before the update. since plague star started seems to have gone to 50% of sessions, and thats all sessions. even those outside of plains. never have any network not responding prompts. no lag at all. game will play fine one second, next im sent back to my orbiter. NAT is open. no issues with other games. I do have an Xbox One X, and like others have stated i have not actually crashed once, just get disconnected alot. 

I've been doing the plague star operation for a couple hours after work the past 2 days and I've been having issues when I try to return to cetus on my 2nd consecutive bounty completion. It's always when I walk in to the hallway and up to the doors to cetus, I then get the mission results summary, and then the "attempting to update account, (abort update)" I then clicl abort because i have no other choice. But then i have to to dashboard because I'll select abort mission, but then get a box saying mission has already been completed. Neither of the doors will open up after all of this mess. And I've been playing solo every time.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Maul01 said:

not sure if anyone else is having an issue with disconnects or not but since update 22.3.5 has dropped about 30% of my public sessions end with me getting disconnected from the host at random times and kicked back to my orbiter. never had these issues before the update. since plague star started seems to have gone to 50% of sessions, and thats all sessions. even those outside of plains. never have any network not responding prompts. no lag at all. game will play fine one second, next im sent back to my orbiter. NAT is open. no issues with other games. I do have an Xbox One X, and like others have stated i have not actually crashed once, just get disconnected alot. 

ive had both & had a complete and utter disconnect from the server entirely...