The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus wisps

Nexus_8.0

Hi.

I've been loving this game untill I needed cetus wisps.

I've been looking for cetus wisps for 4 days and I only found 10 so far.

I've seen people saying they can get 20+ in an hour or 2. I followed their instructions, tutorials, tips and hints with no luck so far.

I also tried solo mode for the plains. Nothing works.

The few times I've have had success in finding them seemed to be fine with spawns and locations which makes me think it's a spawn bug for wisps.

I'm absolutely hating this bs and since cetus/plains corridor is still bugged, I think something has to be done with this.

Use nova with loot radars on plus(max range and efficiency) and use portal all around the place (near water spots).

There is a route made by a player to efficiency farm it. Also farm during night time.

(I can farm 6-12 around 5 minutes then do it again)

Here's the thread.

Edited by --Q--XFA

A quick run with a good path will take a fast frame less then 5 minutes and net you 3-7 (4-5) most often in a single run. So 20 in an hour is VERY slow for a dedicated farm run. Max range loot detection will make it so you can see it from far away on the map. If you want to be done ASAP be sure to run at night as day nets 1-3 with a identical path.

You'll need access to Skywing, preferably an Itzal, a Warframe with extreme mobility skills (so like Volt or Nova as mentioned above), very high loot radar, and, optionally, a Booster.

Run around like a headless Loki near water spots, keep an eye out for loot spots, and beeline for them.  Or fly over them.  Wisp farming mostly boils down to luck, unfortunately.

What the other said, but from my experience, they tend to spawn more at night. Sometimes 4-8 per run. You also need loot radar mods. They count as loot and will show up on the map, near big bodies of water(anything but puddles and coast line). There is a map in the wiki of their spawn location so that will help.

Edited by Cara360

Just run Nova/Titania with Loot Detector, Thiefs wit, Animal Instinct on a Smeeta. I have 1800 cetus wisps that I farmed over 2 weeks ago. It really is not that hard. You can get ~14 per run and around 100 per night cycle.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I'll be honest since Plague Star the spawn rate for wisps seem to be lower imo, at least for me. 

It is better at night than it is at day and while it is possible to get massive numbers if you don't do anything but farm for wisps (which most of us don't want to do) it is very much down to rng how many spawn. 

On average I usually find 3-4 at night with the occasional 5 or 6 but I'll be completely honest in saying I think the spawn rate is too low considering how many we actually need...10 per arcane from the plague star event for example and we need 10 arcanes for max which means 100 wisps for one arcane which is realistically 20 runs give or take unless you get a booster... that's not fun if that's all you're doing.    

As much loot range as you can get on a fast frame ( I hate farming these on archwing like others suggested, it's obnoxious grabbing them while on it). Lookup wisp farming maps (there is a few out there) and setup a farming route you are comfortable with. Most of the maps show a route around every tiny lake in the plains, I hated doing that route. I just choose a nice circle that didn't go beyond the middle lake and it works perfect for me.

With a resource booster during the day the least I've gotten is 8 in a run. At night time the best I've done is over 20 in a run. Runs take less than 5 minutes per reset.