Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rez players? Do or Don't?

BethTheBean

If I am playing Tanky, invisible or Invuln frames (e.g. Limbo), then I will always revive people.

If I am a Nova or a Banshee, uhh, better luck next time buddy

over 1.5k player hours. MR24. Literally have 90% of all weapons in game collecting dust in my inventory and 100% of all Warframes. I will STILL run in with anything from a Wukong to a Banshee to huge screw ball of Sortie 3 Eximi to res someone Kavat like a freaking newb.

Look, I don't know why. It's just a bad habit. And if I lying there bleeding out and no one rezzes me because "games r srs business, u scrub MR24" then whatever.

Just call me captain save-a-Ten-hoe

As a limbo player, the only things that stop me from rezzing a downed player are self-rezzing (it irritates me when people do this when I'm right on top of them. Like, can't you wait for five damn seconds???) being super far away to the point where I know I won't reach you in time, or dying somewhere where even a rifted Limbo gets damaged (AKA stop standing on the infested boil you idiots)

I always res, because I like to feel like a hero. One of my least favorite changes is the suicide button. I will rush across the map to save my squadmate, only to have her suicide the moment I arrive.

If you're going to kill yourself, please do it quickly, before the rest of your squad arrives to save you.

If I think I can pick a person up without going down myself, yes I always rez them. The reason being that this is one more tenno fighting, shooting, being a target, and its just no fun dying. That said, if I know I cant pick a person up without going down myself (which is rare at best) Ill leave them down and try to clear away as many enemies as I can to help them out.

I always rez in pugs, as long as they haven't done anything that makes them look like a D-bag. if they go down all the time I'll be annoyed but I'll still pick them up. if you're miles away or are acting toxic, then it's your own fault.

and please, STOP STANDING ON THE DAMN METEOR IN THE PLAINS! YOU WILL DIE IF YOU GO THERE.

16 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

STOP STANDING ON THE DAMN METEOR IN THE PLAINS! YOU WILL DIE IF YOU GO THERE.

Everyone had to try this for themselves at least one time. Maybe a time or two more to see the actual mechanic (it happens fast, after all).

Of course, something like 17 years spent in raiding guilds in assorted MMORPGs has demonstrated that some will always stand in the fire. Always.

The way i personally look at rez is no pets left behind lol ill backtrack 700+m just to revive your pets, ill revive players every chance i get, issue comes there with,

if its a defense missions or something similar and im the only one actually at the point and i know the enemies can destroy it super fast, im sorry then i wanna rez you but id also rather not have us fail the whole thing for a single rez when each player has 4 self rez per mission

i even recently got the "are you serious" in a survival cause i went to rez a player, realized noone was popping life support or getting pickups so we were at 5%, stopped rezing, rhino stomp froze people around me, popped the life support, got the "Are you serious" message cause the person i stopped rezing was at like 50% when i stopped, but i was still able to get back to them and rez them before the timer ran out so in that scenario i really wanted to say "HA, are you seriously asking if im serious for saving both you and the mission in one motion" but i withheld my inner jerk lol

I always 'attempt' to res. If ressing isn't a self-sacrifice to get another player up that is.

I usually run a Nezha with safeguard, and as soon as I'm done, I throw a warding halo on the player. If they lose the warding halo (mine is close to 3,000 health for that player) and die again in a very short time, I'll do it again. After 3 times within a short time frame (5-10 minutes), that player does not know how to preserve their life and I stop trying unless the situation is really calm.

If its a low MR player, then I usually ignore the above and just keep doing it. They'll eventually get the hang of it.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:05 AM, Datam4ss said:

If I am playing Tanky, invisible or Invuln frames (e.g. Limbo), then I will always revive people.

If I am a Nova or a Banshee, uhh, better luck next time buddy

I main a squishy called Mag and rezing was a nightmare until someone in the forums suggested Operator void mode rez

@ OP The term “situational awareness” applies to another shooter game and it does here too

If they are too far & the time is too short, then why try to bullet jump the impossible. 

Another is role based decisions. On plague star sometimes I choose to fly in and snipe in archwing if my frame is not making an impact on the ground. 

There I will weigh again if it’s worth going down or if someone else can make the rez. A sniper/archwing pilot isn’t really the first responder to a rez anyway.