Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rez players? Do or Don't?

BethTheBean

Most times Ill res if it's not going to cause the mission to fail...  like if you have a rescue sortie and someone dies with the timer running I'm going to finish the mission. 

in the past I wouldn't if I was playing a frame that very easily dies, like banshee, but now operators can easily rez in void mode so I do that. 

Since poe update, unless im eidolon hunting, im playing alot with Oberon.  He keeps people alive pretty well,  and as long as they don't die more than twice in 90 seconds auto res will pick them up.

I try and revive people as much as possible, unless they're AFKing.

I think the insta-revive needs tweaking (at least on console, don't know how it works on PC) because at the moment, I keep thinking I can reload when downed, press X, then it chooses to insta-revive me even though it says 'Hold to revive', which must really annoy people who are coming to revive me/ are already reviving me.

New meta seems to be self-reviving for a quicker stand-up. Not like it costs anything really. Unless in a peaceful area or when trying to play something longer-lasting, i rarely keep reviving others. Most of the times they revive themself anyway. Even my friends do that. And i'm no exception either.

We got way too many revives for our content which leads to people not really caring about dying. Now if we had only 1 or 2 revives...we might see less suicide and more coop action...

2 hours ago, GrazewoundZero said:

It's interesting how some players will run through a bulletstorm to rez a player.:meridian:

You keep them alive, soldier! You're the first one going in! And you make sure everyone stays safe and let the field for last! Stay loyal, keep a rez for your lads and they will fight for you! >:3

3 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I used to feel like this and while it does still bother me a little bit, what leechers have come to mean to me is more kills (i.e. fun).  :shrug:

That's a good way to look at it. It mainly only bothers me while leveling equipment. On regular missions I'm having too much fun being a space ninja to notice until the end. 

More often than not I try to ress. I'm used to games where ressing used to take MP and/or you have to be in a specific class in order to do it. So i've gown to kinda like doing it as if it were like a new found privilege. HOWEVER, ever let me say one thing. If i'm in the middle of Focus convergence and someone goes down that was already down 3-4-5 times than they're just out of luck, sorry. I probably wouldn't feel that way about it if the convergence gimmick wasn't a thing. But meh that's a whole other conversation. 

I always try my best to revive players unless they specifically tell me not to. (or if I see a lethal hazard that'll only result in me getting downed before they can revive). In my personal opinion I see being able to insta-revive while downed has had a noticably negative effect on the game. Fair enough if you're racing for capture targets but ever since it was added I see less players actively going to revive other downed players, while that has always been a thing I feel it has become more common. Small actions like that make me worry that it could be the thing that turns Warframe more toxic.

Now, the one thing I really hate about reviving which is also about instant revives:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/976/685/f6c.gif

Players who will use instant revive while you're in the middle of reviving them or wait until you've run across several tiles to reach them only to instant revive when it's clear you have more than enough time to help them up. I understand people want to bring their sentinel or companion back but most of the time the sentinel is still there.

I was very much upset playing earlier today when I ran across a fair bit to reach them, made it just in time that it was perfectly 00:00 time left to revive when I caught them and about 75% of the way through they instant revive and the room he was in was full of enemies, so during that pause of confusion where I was like "what the why would you do that? Were you doing that on purpose? Is this a troll?" I was downed.

Honestly I was that upset that I can't even remember if the dude revived me back or not, gif is how I felt seeing all that unfold.

I'd like to say on behalf of all revive bros. If someone is reviving you and it's clear they've stopped everything they're doing in the mission just to help you and help you alone, please do not do that. In hopes of keeping this a forum friendly comment all I can say is it makes me think said person is a vulgar word for a male's organ.

I find the button to be insulting when people are near and can help you. Fine if you're off in the distance. Despise it when i'm reviving someone and they just tap the button. The button should be disabled if you're in the middle of reviving them. I don't care if it seems trolly. The moment people stop they should be able to hit it so you can't lock someone in a forever revive which people assume will happen.

I'll always revive someone if nothing threatens mission success, all of us make mistakes from time to time after all. I'll even revive couple of times someone who rushes away from the mission objective with an unranked frame without any defensive mods just to get downed, but if they'll continue doing so, I'll stop helping them. No cure for idiots, I guess.

When I was burning massive amounts of my life away in Destiny...

I would be the guy who ran into a bullet storm to revive others.

I didn't care if it was in a group of friends or a group of randoms.

It's just the way I played.

I have gone down on more than one occasion in an attempt to revive my Kubrow.  She is MUCH more important than I. ;)  On the couple occasions that I failed to revive her and had to complete the missions alone, I honestly felt bad about it.  :(  It's just pixels on a screen!

I do imagine that once I start playing with others in Warframe, I will be more than happy to be that guy who risks his own &#! to rez anybody who needs it.

Again, it's just the way I play.  :)

I don't revive people that die in death bubbles and make no effort to crawl out of them, AFKers, or Limbos when they banish or cataclysm troll.  Anything outside of that, I make every effort to revive and have the sentinel shield bubble maxed and on all builds for just that reason.