Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rez players? Do or Don't?

BethTheBean

Good afternoon, Tenno.

When you're in a group, do you rez players? Yes? No? Why?

I don't PuG normally. But when I need to relic and/or mod farm, I'll PuG on defense and interception missions. 

In the downtime between waves, I take note of their behavior. It's interesting how some players will run through a bulletstorm to rez a player. While others will stand at a captured node, and watch a downed player die. Then they complain when a player chooses to leave.

Why is that? Ego? Cowardice? A bad connection? They're watching tv? 

How about you? Do you rez a player, or do you let them die?

:meridian:

If the person is helping, or at least trying to help, then I'll rez them. If they're trying to die on purpose, sitting afk, trolling or leeching, they can burn for all I care

I've had issues where I've gone down just as I'm reloading and, because controllers realistically don't get separate reload/context buttons, I accidentally self-rez. Which annoys me, partially because I've just made my teammates feel either useless or angry, and partially the loss of affinity

If they are a annoying individual, nah, if they AFK on purpose, nah (pretty much same thing). And if someone needs to be revived i will, its not hard press 5 and use void mode and dash and stay in void mode while reviving=no damage to you even if you die as operator while rev. 

I try to rez them every time, but sometimes they insta rez, and that's okay too. Some of the problems I see are that some players, as soon as they get downed for the first time, just abandon the mission. Also, newer players don't understand the insta rez and how you could lose affinity, and always resort to that instead of waiting for a close by teammate. Then there are just people who refuse to help their teammates.

It depends on a number of factors, like how far away that player is (sometimes, far enough that I wouldn't make it anyway), how often that particular player is going down, how willing to help they are when someone else goes down, whether whatever I'm doing is too important to stop or not... My default mode is "rez them", though.

10 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I get very frustrated by people who insta-self-res

You know what I find funny about people that do this? They usually blow all of their revives right away, right at the beginning of the mission, when all the enemies are still easy and all the teammates are nearby, and then later on, when they really need those revives, they have none. Some even have the gall to complain! =P

If everything is safe and steady, or I have a frame that makes it safe. I always run to revive. If the person not using some type of defense skill or mods and repeatedly getting downed, I refuse to revive. %90 of the time I don't try to revive someone in an intermission. Because imo everyone in the team must be capable of defending one point. I expect them to use thier self revives.

If the player or pet is close and not surrounded by a ton of high level or high priority targets I will try to rez them. I don't always expect them to rez me as I do use Regen/Sacrifice in my Sentinel if I use them so I have a few extra revives just sitting there. 

49 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Good afternoon, Tenno.

I don't PuG normally. But when I need to relic and/or mod farm, I'll PuG on defense and interception missions. 

In the downtime between waves, I take note of their behavior. It's interesting how some players will run through a bulletstorm to rez a player. While others will stand at a captured node, and watch a downed player die. Then they complain when a player chooses to leave.

Always. 

40 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Depends.

If I can see you, I'll make an effort to get you back up and running. If I can't see you, forget it. I'm not going looking for you and whatever S#&$storm you managed to find in your perambulations.

There's also a three strikes rule. If you're eating dirt every 20 seconds, you're obviously out of your depth, and it's not worth the effort to get you back up since you're not really contributing anything worthwhile. If it's a lvl100 mission, that's one thing. Allowances can be made. If it's starchart, then you shouldn't be there and should spend some time farming up more stuff to fix your issues.

As a long time Trinity(P) player, I'm particularly sensitive to this sort of thing. The number of times teammates hare off to points unknown and die unlamented in dark corners is so brobdingnagian it beggars the imagination. Yet it happens so frequently that it's almost not worth bringing it up; it's the norm, not the exception.

Yes. It's a team based game so you should be supporting your teammates. So long as you can survive the process and aren't going to get gunned down yourself. But I'll try my hardest to revive someone as long as it's physically possible (e.g. can't get on the other side of the plains in 15 seconds man. Sorry!)

That said, if they are obviously leeching I will let them bleed out like a cow in a a slaughter house. I have no sympathy for someone riding on the rest of the teams coattails that gets themselves downed. 

If you want a revive then put in some work. It doesn't have to be a lot of effort. Use some skills, shoot some trash, stop watching YouTube/Netflix while the rest of us are doing all the work. If you're constantly afk or you have 0-10 kills while the rest of the team has 100+ after 10 minutes on akkad then I'll go out of my way to avoid them and hope they use all their revives. Leechers are the only thing that gets on my nerves in this game.

1 hour ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Good afternoon, Tenno.

On Console, most players try to reload their secondary but revive themselves by accident instead.

vor einer Stunde schrieb GrazewoundZero:

It's interesting how some players will run through a bulletstorm to rez a player. 

1. What are you doing besides standing and looking what others are doing?

2. Most frames have at least 1 ability to stun enemies to give you the needed few seconds to revive one and if you have the operator you can just go invinsible and res

vor einer Stunde schrieb PhotriusPyrelus:

I get very frustrated by people who insta-self-res, 

The best part is when they instarevive although you are already trying to res them.

@topic: Ofc I am trying to res my teammates, like the Mongoose said, it´s a coopgame afterall.