The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats with the crosshair motion blur?

Zephyr_TheMLGPro

Weird Crosshair motion blur was added with the HUD improvements and i cant seem to find any settings to disable it. Tried disabling motion blur and DoF but nothing changed and I'm somewhat annoyed by it.

And the weird thing is it only appears when we are running, not while jumping and doing flips. Does anyone else find it annoying?

Please DE add an option to disable it!

Edited by Zephyr_TheMLGPro

It isn't motion blur it's just the animation the reticule has now when sprinting. 

I don't like this specific animation but the overall system is nice 

Edit, I'd probably prefer the semi circle to split and slide to the sides rather than the flicker and slide for sprinting. 

And if it could stay on when jumping meleeing and sliding as long as sprint is actually active 

Edited by Kinetos

Just now, MagPrime said:

I find it annoying. 

I get migraines and that little blurring motion is similar to some of the visual symptoms I have.  Drives me a little bonkers because for a second, I think I'm about to get a migraine.

Same, when i loaded up the game today i couldn't even focus on anything because it was bothering me that much (I'm not crazy lol)

Just now, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Same, when i loaded up the game today i couldn't even focus on anything because it was bothering me that much (I'm not crazy lol)

I ran into a wall at first lol So focused on trying to figure out what was going on and not paying attention to anything else.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

It never fails to amaze me how apparently everyone gets annoyed by crosshair changes except for me.

I wouldn't say I'm annoyed. I don't particularly like one of the states and can see some possible improvements, but not annoyed. Overall I like the changes. 

16 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Read what in the patchnotes? Care to explain.

Reticle Changes: 

• Reticle will turn blue when targeting allies and red when targeting enemies.
  • Reticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint.
  • Context actions will dim when aiming while they are active. 

6 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Reticle Changes: 

How does an explanation of the effect detract from someone saying it's visually annoying and would like a toggle option?

11 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Reticle Changes: 

Nice.  Can you also point out where the patch notes go over OP's exact question; where do we turn it off?

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

OP was asking what in the patch notes apparently answers their question due to a certain condescending post earlier.

If you read the original post it seems more like the OP did not know about those reticle changes.

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Um?

I mean that kinda proves my point, The OP knew that something had changed obviously, just didn't know what are all those changes are and why do they occur only when sprinting. at least from the wording in the first post.

Edited by Midrib

23 minutes ago, Midrib said:

I mean that kinda proves my point, The OP knew that something had changed obviously, just didn't know what are all those changes are and why do they occur only when sprinting. at least from the wording in the first post.

Yes, however the patch notes don't explain anything either.  Just that there have been changes and each thing is different.  At no point do the notes say "while sprinting, this is gonna look weird" 

It just says; "Recticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint"

How does that answer any of the questions put forth?

All in all though, there were better ways for this to be handled, by everyone.

Edited by MagPrime

12 minutes ago, Midrib said:

If you say so. At the end of the day knowing something had changed they asked if they could have the ability to toggle it.

Someone criticised them for not reading through the patch notes to which they expressed confusion.

You then posted the revelant part merely adding to the confusion.

You can see why this is a mess, right?

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, however the patch notes don't explain anything either.  Just that there have been changes and each thing is different.  At no point do the notes say "while sprinting, this is gonna look weird" 

It just says; "Recticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint"

How does that answer any of the questions put forth?

What questions? if its annoying? that's entirely subjective.

OP requested that DE adds an options to disable it (which i encourage DE to do) no questions were put forth to answer, the only question was where in the patch notes are these changes listed which i provided an answer for and the first thing you said was that i didn't answer the OP's question which is where to turn it off, and i'm reading all the posts by the OP, not once did he ask that, he knows that you cannot turn it off and is requesting an option to disable it. What are you even arguing about

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

It never fails to amaze me how apparently everyone gets annoyed by crosshair changes except for me.

It wasn't broken so why "fix it".

Needs a option to turn it off or set to old settings. As someone Zooms a lot i find the Half/Full switch annoying particularly when fishing as your in and out of zoom often

Edited by AzureTerra

29 minutes ago, Midrib said:

What questions? if its annoying? that's entirely subjective.

OP requested that DE adds an options to disable it (which i encourage DE to do) no questions were put forth to answer, the only question was where in the patch notes are these changes listed which i provided an answer for and the first thing you said was that i didn't answer the OP's question which is where to turn it off, and i'm reading all the posts by the OP, not once did he ask that, he knows that you cannot turn it off and is requesting an option to disable it. What are you even arguing about

It's simple, someone criticised them for not reading the patch notes.

That sounds like, and OP obviously assumed as much, that the answer to turning it off was in the patch notes.

They asked where.

You listed the changes that we all already knew, answering nothing. 

Reading all of OP's posts only gives one side of things.