Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage prime's design

(PSN)watt4hem

1 minute ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

So um, iirc, one of the signature of warframe design is the no eyes thingy. Those who "does" have are very subtle (eg. Loki, ivara, mesa), even alad in tsd mentioned this design choice so it's kinda canon i guess.

Then came in mirage prime with giant eyes. What gives?

Think about the theme of the frame,she is a trickster,a hypnotist so that’s why the has giant eyes

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Hydroid has eyes, even an eyepatch. I think they're okay with placing emphasis on primary eyes if it fits the aesthetic, but from memory there are always multiple glow spots on most frames' helmets. Mirage's masks are no different.

Chroma is a frame that appears to have eyes on his basic helmet as far as I know.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

So um, iirc, one of the signature of warframe design is the no eyes thingy. Those who "does" have are very subtle (eg. Loki, ivara, mesa), even alad in tsd mentioned this design choice so it's kinda canon i guess.

Then came in mirage prime with giant eyes. What gives?

Base Mriage has very apparent eye-like objects--on all three of her helmets.

Mirage Prime, like most primes, follows along by incorporating elements from all three helms into her own prime version--this being the archetype for the others.

So far, the two most recent primes have completely different looks to their originals; Hydroid Prime and Mirage Prime. Hydroid actually looks like a pirate, and Mirage Prime has more of a Jester appeal, which is actually really nice. Most of the other primes have like just a small reskin with a completely different helmet, or even some just have a bit of a reskin for their prime helmet. Like the Excalibur Prime. Probably the worst designed prime, and the helmet was literally just a bit of gold trimming. For Ember, her things around her thighs were skinnier and recoated with gold, and has a gold trimming helmet with a flaming mohawk. Ash has massive arms, plus an egyptian-like helmet and much smaller legs compared to the arms, which is.. Rather unattractive. And, for a last example, Rhino. Rhino has.. Actually pretty cool shoulders, but that's literally it. His chest just has a small round gold circle-like addition, and the upper part of the legs has these.. Weird things with gold, and a rotating thing on his back, along with a helmet that looks.. Odd.. To say the least.

Mirage and Hydroid, you're looking good.

49 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

The "non-prime" version of her already HAS eyes!
latest?cb=20140718094657latest?cb=20150408223721latest?cb=20140718094656

I've had the harlequin helmet for so long, i forgot her base had "eyes". But still, i mean, looking at the past eye designs, most if not all of them aren't straight up literal eyes. I mean, look v v v

MiragePrimeAccess.png

Maybe i'm just splitting hair here (i really am now that i think about it), but compared to nidus' or mirage's sensory looking eyes, hydroid n mesa's concealed eyes, or chroma's painted eyes, this one looks so...obvious.. closest thing we have are mostly skins or alt helmets iirc

I really love the Jester inspired themed helmet they are going for it's even looks like below her purple top she is wearing the same kind of mask Jesters weared for their perfomances.

The Orokins were always sure of themeselves...

Edited by Strider91