Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I bought Prime Access/Accessories...

(PSN)Thealteregoroman

Ps4 player here, also f2p, your friend is the typical dude that thinks "you can farm this, you can buy it cheaper for other players so why you waste your money". From my point of view: don't ever let people make you feel dumb for how you spend your money, if you can afford it go ahead, im only f2p cause i Can't spend money on games right now but this game gave me an awesome experience most AAA games out there Can't even dream to archive so i would bought every single prime access if i could just to support de

If you friend ever paid for beer in his life, he's in no position to judge. Life is about enjoying what you like to reasonable extent. I feel happy when I buy plat or prime access (did so twice since 20014). Bought Nyx, Mag and Valkyr statues and I love em. that's just life. As long as your family isnt suffering for it, your fine.

If you still aren't sure, there's another way to look at it. Determine how much of your yearly money you want to invest in your entertainment needs. Whatever you buy with that budget, whether it be Prime access, Rum, Adult content or Hoola Hoops it yours. Other people would spend it different and that's fine. But they are come out as great friends if they aren't respecting how you choose to live your life. People tend to understand this better as they grow older, so your friend can just be young and judgmental. These tend to go hand in hand (gross generalization here, I know). He may also be from another culture too, which would make it difficult to understand your choices, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Another way to feel good about it, is to dedicate a percentage of your hobbies spending in investments. For example, I have automatic placement for a certain percentage of my yearly income. So my savings are guaranteed. That makes me feel good about whatever I do with what's left, because I've already done the responsible thing and I know I deserve the rest.

Not trying to be patronizing here, but the above is how I live happy with my spendings, regardless of their nature.

Just now, (PS4)dnbnick said:

Ps4 player here, also f2p, your friend is the typical dude that thinks "you can farm this, you can buy it cheaper for other players so why you waste your money". From my point of view: don't ever let people make you feel dumb for how you spend your money, if you can afford it go ahead, im only f2p cause i Can't spend money on games right now but this game gave me an awesome experience most AAA games out there Can't even dream to archive so i would bought every single prime access if i could just to support de

would have loved to see you react to Excal prime Founder acces 200 bucks for 3 things and a badge lol in my case i barely started working so hunter was all i could afford at the time

I've bought two full PA packs.

Rhino because I wanted Plat and I never get 75% off (seriously 3 years before I got one)

Nova because I looked at the drop table and said F**k it No Way! and it was Xmas with money burning a hole in my pocket.

I got Nyx PA accessories because Targis Prime and I fully intend to get Mirages Accessories they look great

I spent hundreds of dollars on this game and put in thousands of hours. It's one of the few games I play anymore. I have no problem putting money into it and supporting the game. I used to buy like 3 $60 games a month. Now all that money goes to warframe. I buy indie games every once in a while. That's about it.

2 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

would have loved to see you react to Excal prime Founder acces 200 bucks for 3 things and a badge lol in my case i barely started working so hunter was all i could afford at the time

Well at that time i was far better than i am right now in economy... Sadly we ps4 players never had access to excal prime 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)dnbnick said:

Thanks! Thats how I see it, with devstreams and everything I feel like we are like a part of a family. Its crazy but cool at the same time lol.

My usual response is "I did not buy Destiny2" or "did not buy Prey" i guess I could say " not buying COD WW2" but who is?

When you spend 100 hours a month playing then why not spend a little money here and there - on tennogen or discounted plat and Primes

12 minutes ago, Svati said:

If you friend ever paid for beer in his life, he's in no position to judge. Life is about enjoying what you like to reasonable extent. I feel happy when I buy plat or prime access (did so twice since 20014). Bought Nyx, Mag and Valkyr statues and I love em. that's just life. As long as your family isnt suffering for it, your fine.

If you still aren't sure, there's another way to look at it. Determine how much of your yearly money you want to invest in your entertainment needs. Whatever you buy with that budget, whether it be Prime access, Rum, Adult content or Hoola Hoops it yours. Other people would spend it different and that's fine. But they are come out as great friends if they aren't respecting how you choose to live your life. People tend to understand this better as they grow older, so your friend can just be young and judgmental. These tend to go hand in hand (gross generalization here, I know). He may also be from another culture too, which would make it difficult to understand your choices, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Another way to feel good about it, is to dedicate a percentage of your hobbies spending in investments. For example, I have automatic placement for a certain percentage of my yearly income. So my savings are guaranteed. That makes me feel good about whatever I do with what's left, because I've already done the responsible thing and I know I deserve the rest.

Not trying to be patronizing here, but the above is how I live happy with my spendings, regardless of their nature.

WORDS of the wise! I appreciate it and will prob take this into 2018 forsure.

I played for a few weeks to see how I would like the game. Got hooked. So I bought Hydroid PA to get a solid amount of Plat and to support the game. I grind everything and build everything. So from here on out I will just buy the Accessory Packs and Prime Vaults for their Accessories. I actually buy the stuff 2 times, because my son plays too.

Nothing wrong with supporting a game that you enjoy to play.

Just now, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

Well that bothered me cause I feel like this is my hobby and 139 bucks is a lot yea but how ELSE are we gonna keep the people at DE paid? Am I thinking too much into this? I'm at the point where I was going to respond with a lengthy paragraph but then I think back and I'm like whatever...

Don't let him bother you. I feel the exact same way about my purchases in Warframe. 

It's kinda silly, but I throw as much money at them as I reasonably can because I WANT to reward good developers. In a day and age where corrupt game companies are running rampant with cash grabs, it's nice to see a game like Warframe where everything you can buy can be obtained ingame (save for prime accessories and such)

19 minutes ago, Talionic said:

I spent hundreds of dollars on this game and put in thousands of hours. It's one of the few games I play anymore. I have no problem putting money into it and supporting the game. I used to buy like 3 $60 games a month. Now all that money goes to warframe. I buy indie games every once in a while. That's about it.

And to think...the players of "other" games have been getting quite salty as of late. Getting bent that their $30-40 DLC was 15min of content, and if you chose NOT to get it, you've now been locked out of parts of the game. Sad. Sad because it does seem to be that we WF players catch some heat from those that do not play. It almost feels like it's this pride "they" feel, or fear to lose if 'their' friends were to find out that they took a chance on a game they knew nothing about, and it turned out to be their new favorite game.

It's what (sorta) happened to me. Having gotten tired of a certain 3-man FPS/"RPG" space disappointment; I took a chance with WF. At first I thought $$$ spent was very steep, then I realized the hours/$ spent on the game, not to mention the overall satisfaction of continued gameplay made sense. I get A LOT more entertainment from money spent on WF than I have with ANY other game. And best part: I was forced to pay for the updates.

As I've rambled on long enough, just know that there are others here that were/are in the same position: looking forward to our next transference into Warframe... 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

Never met this guy in person, been talking to him for awhile from Elderscrolls online and Destiny and I have always been nice....TOO nice actually and with warframe I just recently bought him a NIDUS for the tennobaum. Don't really have any friends in real like cause so busy with college so I actually consider this guy an actual friend.

It's funny, my GF and I both bought the Limited Edition Imperial version of TESO, as we are massive Skyrim fans and wanted TESO to be our new game at the time, ultimately I feel my money was wasted on that game, not because it was a bad game but because the devs are liars. They told us the game would not be on steam, it was released as a separate version on steam a month or 2 after release, they told us there would be no race paywall, the Imperial Race was only from a special pack (and we bought it anyway) it's been a while now, but after 5-6 times of the devs flat out lying to us, we had had enough, and we stopped supporting them via subs.

Destiny... from what I hear, a game that gives you parts on release, then locks them behind DLC later, I've never played and never will. But Activision is on my list of 'never buy from' I feel they are part of the problem in the gaming industry, DE and Warframe on the other hand it's free, the content is pumped out at a steady rate, they let you support them only and if you like, Why should those other developers get your money over DE? particularly if WF is a game you like and want more for, your friend can do what he likes with his money, he does not get to dictate or belittle you for your choices particularly when it's a dev team that deserve it.

Tell your friend DE have proven to you that they deserve to be paid for various reasons, that you are much happier giving/supporting a dev than have it dragged out of you via a sub or a DLC that locks past content. Giving it is always better than having it taken from you.