Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I bought Prime Access/Accessories...

(PSN)Thealteregoroman

2 hours ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

I told a friend that I bought these and like he totally made me feel like crap for doing it. What I don't understand is that yea I know its a free to play game but how I look at it, this is the top game I am playing right now.....over destiny......over Elderscrolls online......over FFXIV.

I figured I would stop paying those subscription fees for those games AND not get the next DLC for destiny 2 cause I really REALLY like warframe. Yea its a bit of a grind. A couple months ago I got MR 24 on the console. THAT was very hard for me to get...

ANYWAYS I am getting off topic here. I told him I bought both packs and he said why? He said I could have waited a few days and got it from the warframe marketplace site cause people would grind for them. He told me such a waste of money for something I want for my "collection."

Well that bothered me cause I feel like this is my hobby and 139 bucks is a lot yea but how ELSE are we gonna keep the people at DE paid? Am I thinking too much into this? I'm at the point where I was going to respond with a lengthy paragraph but then I think back and I'm like whatever...

Never met this guy in person, been talking to him for awhile from Elderscrolls online and Destiny and I have always been nice....TOO nice actually and with warframe I just recently bought him a NIDUS for the tennobaum. Don't really have any friends in real like cause so busy with college so I actually consider this guy an actual friend.

Do you think he is reacting this way cause he may not be able to afford it or something else? I am not going to assume his financial situation but dang this guy made me feel dumb as hell. 

What do you think? What should I do?

giphy.gif

I highly appreciate your waste of money, could you post some screenshots please?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

I told a friend that I bought these and like he totally made me feel like crap for doing it. What I don't understand is that yea I know its a free to play game but how I look at it, this is the top game I am playing right now.....over destiny......over Elderscrolls online......over FFXIV.

I figured I would stop paying those subscription fees for those games AND not get the next DLC for destiny 2 cause I really REALLY like warframe. Yea its a bit of a grind. A couple months ago I got MR 24 on the console. THAT was very hard for me to get...

ANYWAYS I am getting off topic here. I told him I bought both packs and he said why? He said I could have waited a few days and got it from the warframe marketplace site cause people would grind for them. He told me such a waste of money for something I want for my "collection."

Well that bothered me cause I feel like this is my hobby and 139 bucks is a lot yea but how ELSE are we gonna keep the people at DE paid? Am I thinking too much into this? I'm at the point where I was going to respond with a lengthy paragraph but then I think back and I'm like whatever...

Never met this guy in person, been talking to him for awhile from Elderscrolls online and Destiny and I have always been nice....TOO nice actually and with warframe I just recently bought him a NIDUS for the tennobaum. Don't really have any friends in real like cause so busy with college so I actually consider this guy an actual friend.

Do you think he is reacting this way cause he may not be able to afford it or something else? I am not going to assume his financial situation but dang this guy made me feel dumb as hell. 

What do you think? What should I do?

giphy.gif

Do what makes you happy.  If you have your bills covered and aren't a burden to them or others, it's none of their business what you buy. 

Theres a dumb f2p mentality that actually spending money in the game is dumb because you can get most for free and a lot of people pride themselves on getting most everything for free but at the end of the day if i'm putting hundreds of hours in a game i love i don't see the problem putting up the cash here and there i think total i've spent like 400$ on this game and i feel i've only been rewarded for it frankly.

Dont be down about this brother I have a ton of spare income and I dump it into warframe too. i have bought every single prime access and accessories pack since Ash Prime. I honestly dont do it for the plat or even getting the prime stuff. But I do it out of my love and support for this game. As long as DE keep this game lovely and updated I'll be willing to spend my money on it

Skillup said the lengthy resource boost and the plat is mostly what you pay for in those access.  

So enjoy the plat and the abundant grind you got.

Guess what, whoever grinds to sell Mirage will end up spending that plat too. 

Buy tennogen to support players or get slots, I never see those two on sale.  

As for your friend, disagreements are a hassle I know. Don’t take it personally. Know that from religions to governments, coworkers to families there are disagreements, feuds even. #shrug

could you screenshot the accessories and show them? o: 
idk if I wanna get them or not, and not even reddit has screenies yet. 
also; its your money, do what you want with it, if someone wants to make you feel bad for spending it, they should feel bad for trying to control you. Unless buying the prime access/accessories made you unable to pay bills or buy food that's needed dont feel bad.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

-snip-

It's people like you who keep the game going so people like your "friend" can play for free and farm those items for the market place. Ignore him/them and enjoy your items. If you felt good buying them, then that's what matters. As a player who can't spend money on games, I never understood why free players always look down on people who spend money on games and make them able to play for free.

3 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

It's people like you who keep the game going so people like your "friend" can play for free and farm those items for the market place. Ignore him/them and enjoy your items. If you felt good buying them, then that's what matters. As a player who can't spend money on games, I never understood why free players always look down on people who spend money on games and make them able to play for free.

This dude(ette) knows his(or her) stuff!

Edited by KelsierSurvivor