Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add option to opt out playing random Limbo players

Ethedor

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeathVessle said:

Im fed up with posts like this, jeeze you all need to stop complaining about limbo. He is a really good frame, and if you can figure out how to play in a squad with a limbo, youre the one who should leave, QUIT CRYING AND BEING A DAMN NOOB, AND LEARN HOW LIMBO WORKS. Once you know how limbos abilities work it's easy enough to adapt to the inter-dimensional combat style limbo creates. Plain and simple you're issue with limbo is your own ignorance, and it's DAMN irritating. STFU CRY BABY.

Knowing how he works and enjoying his presence are two entirely different things.

Few other frames FORCE you into anything close to  "adapt to the inter-dimensional combat style".

The majority of Limbo players think they're good (hint: they're not), and think they're helping (hint: they're generally slowing down the mission).  I'm not saying bimbo strategies aren't effective - as they are - they generally just not the best strategy.

Every limbo player jabbering about others ignorance about how he works is just arrogance.  We know how he works. We just dont like it.

All that said, I'm against public matchmaking frame/weapon exclusionary settings and am in complete agreement with the Limbo players on the "STFU and don't play pub" solution.  The issues aren't with limbo exclusively and I wouldn't want to see a warframe universe with settings for "no emberbansheelimboslovawukongexaltedmiragulor"

If I don’t feel like melee only, I just keep shooting until stasis ends. Sure the limbo might get mad... but I’m playing how I wanna play. I’m not going to allow him to force me to play how he wants.  Just deal with it however it suits you... but yeah, all the hate is a little ridiculous. It’s a pve game, as long as you complete the mission, who really cares about end game stats?

31 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

I did it solo.  Why carry people that don't appreciate it?

Agreed, I usually solo most sorties myself, but excavations are faster when you can run 2 excavators at once. But I have no problem not using stasis if someone does not like it and other options of keeping excavators alive are available, so it's not binary for me.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:25 AM, beercritch said:

there is just one problem with limbo - and that is that "roll" isnt automatically bound to a key (madness considering move character left to right "H" is)

The main bubble can be entered or left at will so is no issue, but the little portals can be a PTA but if you roll you return to the normal plain. Just map a useful key to do this and were all happy

Uh. Tap the 'sprint' button.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

No. FFS if I see another one of these stupid thread I'LL ragequit. Public is for everyone. What's your favorite Frame huh? What if I ban you from squads?

i would ban everyone under MR20, u are mr 19 and can do the test for 20 GTFO here u pleb

Edited by xandro2

On 12/21/2017 at 12:36 PM, Ethedor said:

which changes the gameplay without permission from other players

Playing with other people changes the gameplay and they won't always play exactly how you want them to.  You might even occasionally be expected to take teammates into consideration.  Weird I know.

Yet again people only see this as an insult directed at their favorite frame and start raging like children. Having your roll turned into something that you have to waste just to risk getting shot in the back in order to interact with anything is infuriating, getting 8-12 stasis'ed enemies stuck in a doorway is infuriating, as is suddenly not being able to use the gun you put 5 forma in. A simple list of frame names and check boxes you can tick if you don't want to be in a mission with that frame removes any chance at annoyance. You'd never even know. The only possible way this this is making you rage is if you use Limbo or Ember and take this as a personal insult towards you. It's not. This is a co-op horde shooter; more enemies means more loot. Telling someone else to play solo is ridiculous, for the exact same reason why you won't do it. You get less loot. Loot is the point of killing hordes in this game. The Boltace/ Tonkor nerf happened due to DE caring about squad experience, and more than any other two frames, Limbo and Ember need a revisit. Stop trying to justify their abilities remaining as is when threads like this have been showing up forever. Until that happens, a system that removes the chance of an argument or the problem situation ever occurring would be very nice.

1 hour ago, Hyohakusha said:

The Boltace/ Tonkor nerf happened

and only accomplished removing two fun weapons from the game.  Veteran players will always run through killing everything in sight.  That's just the nature of a progression system.  The sooner you all get over it and stop blaming whatever random weapon or frame you've decided randomly is OP the happier everyone will be.